Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
xX_IllumireKt( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Xx

**Addon Request** - Tech advances.

11 posts in this topic

Hello all, this is an addon suggestion.

"What.. no? ..how?!", don't ask, it made sense in my head.

I was recently thinking about the Buildcraft fix for TFC and thought of how simple everything still was, even after red/blue steel. An idea I propose for perhaps following the "steam age" mod follows advanced mining structures, pollution and more. (ah, the humanity) *cough*So a beginning idea for this new technological advancement past steam-pistons and all is as follows:

*Find and mine magnetite ore, an iron oxide and the most magnetic naturally occuring mineral on Earth.

*Chip off the rough edges of the lodestone (yes, they call it that) with a chisel in the crafting square.

*Rub the lodestone against an iron bar of some sort or melt then coat it (I honestly didn't research this for very long, discuss this in replies) to create an iron magnet

*If a large enough magnet is built, it could be placed on an axel surrounded by a copper coil, leading off to all sorts of wires and transformers. Turbine type blades are built onto the axel, with massive controlled vats of steaming water (could be supplied by pipes and reservior) boiled by fossil fuels (a need for industrial coal mining anyone?) with a vent system. Maybe have a timed setting of pollution addition to the local area (gray-er skies, dry grass, soil infertility, undrinkable water and stuff like that).

All of this would have to be built properly (relative to 'Minecraft Realism), rather than shoving around some batteries, copper and iron on a crafting table. This could only really be achieved on a large TFC server, as occupations would need to take place, because one person probably isn't going to manage the mining industry, the generator factories, the science/research facilities, plastic manufacturing etc. without cheating. And what's the point to achieve in building all of this without a community?

Thanks.

Perhaps the magnetite would have to be a Rich ore deposit. That way it's not too easy to get.

one hell of a username you got there

Perhaps the magnetite would have to be a Rich ore deposit. That way it's not too easy to get.

That seems fair.

Maybe using Minecraft magic (What allows you to carry and entire cave in your inventory with no clothes) there could be some kind of way to place this past red/blue steel stages, needing to forge a north/red and a south/blue block alloy of magnetite. When a whole block of each is created, perhaps they could be placed adjacent in line with the axle. Some kind of multi-block arrangement.

one hell of a username you got there

What the ^*&%^&^%^ did you just &*%&%( say about my edgy meme, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the A-Skrub Taskforce, and I’ve been involved in numerous top kek raids on your mother, and I have over 9000 confirmed memes. I am trained in L.O.L and I’m the toppest of all keKt-reKters in the entire Antarctican armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another nube. I will wipe you the *@&^$#*&$@ out with geometry the likes of which has never been seen before even in New Azaknekexikiao, mark my ^&%*&^%& words. You think you can get away with saying that shet to me over 9chan? Think again, fakker. As we speak I am contacting my mother across Australia and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, shallot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your forum. You’re *&^$*&^*&^% dead, lad. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can rek you in OVER NINEHUNDTHOUSONE ways, and that’s just with my bare keyboard. Not only am I extensively trained in shit-posting, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Edgy Cidz Klandof 04 and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable Playstation 5 off the face of the schoolyard, you little shet. If only you could have known what Darude - Sandstorm your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your &^%$&^^& uvula. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn scrub. I will shet CS:GO knives all over you and you will drown in it. You’re mine, kiddo.

^^POINTLESS JOKE^^

TL;DR

SPAM

What the ^*&%^&^%^ did you just &*%&%( say about my edgy meme, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the A-Skrub Taskforce, and I’ve been involved in numerous top kek raids on your mother, and I have over 9000 confirmed memes. I am trained in L.O.L and I’m the toppest of all keKt-reKters in the entire Antarctican armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another nube. I will wipe you the *@&^$#*&$@ out with geometry the likes of which has never been seen before even in New Azaknekexikiao, mark my ^&%*&^%& words. You think you can get away with saying that shet to me over 9chan? Think again, fakker. As we speak I am contacting my mother across Australia and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, shallot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your forum. You’re *&^$*&^*&^% dead, lad. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can rek you in OVER NINEHUNDTHOUSONE ways, and that’s just with my bare keyboard. Not only am I extensively trained in shit-posting, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Edgy Cidz Klandof 04 and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable Playstation 5 off the face of the schoolyard, you little shet. If only you could have known what Darude - Sandstorm your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your &^%$&^^& uvula. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn scrub. I will shet CS:GO knives all over you and you will drown in it. You’re mine, kiddo.

o.O

*clicks on the spam warning button*

What the !@#$ did you just !@#$ing say about Navy Seal copypastas, you little new***?

I’ll have you know they've ranked top out of all the comments on the Internet, and they have been translated in numerous contexts on 4chan, and have over 300 confirmed variants. Navy Seal copypastas are trained in memetic warfare and are the top copypasta in the entire circlejerk arsenel. You are nothing to them but just another target. They will wipe you the !@#$ out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this subreddit, mark my !@#$ing words.

You think you can get away with saying that **** about Navy Seal copypastas over the Internet? Think again, !@#$er. As we speak this copypasta is contacting it's secret network of /b/tards across the USA and your IP is being doxxed right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re !@#$ing dead, kid.

Navy Seal copypastas can be anywhere, anytime, and they can confuse you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with mad-lib permutations. Not only are they extensively trained in trolling, but they have access to the entire arsenal of Anonymous and will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the Internet, you little ****.

If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your !@#$ing tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. This copypasta will **** fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re !@#$ing dead, kiddo.

please don't spam warn me I just couldn't resist

edit: missed some censoring

What the !@#$ did you just !@#$ing say about Navy Seal copypastas, you little new***?

I’ll have you know they've ranked top out of all the comments on the Internet, and they have been translated in numerous contexts on 4chan, and have over 300 confirmed variants. Navy Seal copypastas are trained in memetic warfare and are the top copypasta in the entire circlejerk arsenel. You are nothing to them but just another target. They will wipe you the !@#$ out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this subreddit, mark my !@#$ing words.

You think you can get away with saying that shit about Navy Seal copypastas over the Internet? Think again, !@#$er. As we speak this copypasta is contacting it's secret network of /b/tards across the USA and your IP is being doxxed right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re !@#$ing dead, kid.

Navy Seal copypastas can be anywhere, anytime, and they can confuse you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with mad-lib permutations. Not only are they extensively trained in trolling, but they have access to the entire arsenal of Anonymous and will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the Internet, you little shit.

If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your !@#$ing tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. This copypasta will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re !@#$ing dead, kiddo.

please don't spam warn me I just couldn't resist

Seriously?

Urgh, this thread is really dissolving into nonsense.

And um, just a question, but shouldn't this be in the addon-section? And isn't there already a buildcraft/TFC fix? or is that outdated?

Seriously?

sorry couldn't resist XD

And um, just a question, but shouldn't this be in the addon-section? And isn't there already a buildcraft/TFC fix? or is that outdated?

ya this has dissolved into nonsense.

Firstly, yes there is pointless nonsense occurring, but I would hope that it won't hinder any discussion and development on this topic.

Secondly, I asked Kitty and she said it was fine to post it here with the tag, 'Addon Request'. And posts in that forum should have download links or proof of concept.

And lastly, that topic is only a fix and doesn't quite suit the TFC feel I was thinking about. This is not buildcraft, this is something else more similar to the factory types of multi-blocks in things like big reactors.