Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Dries007

[TFC 0.79.23+] TerraFirmaCraft NEI plugin

242 posts in this topic

How are you trying to use the features?

You are supposed to hit your 'find uses' key ('u' by default) on a stack of rocks.

The 'R' and 'U' keys only seem to work if the object is made (or is used in) a regular crafting recipe.

Whether it's in the NEI sidebar, or in my inventory, using either 'R' or 'U' on an axe head brings up the 'Uses' screen, and only shows shaped crafting.

Using 'U' on the stack of rocks in my inventory brings up the 'recipe' screen.

http://imgur.com/a/Mh48y

You see the "<" and ">" icons?

Those allow you to navigate recipes and crafting stations

You see the "<" and ">" icons?

Those allow you to navigate recipes and crafting stations

Sorry, I should have stated that the only pages I get when I press U on the stack of rocks are Shaped Crafting (two pages, one with: rock + stick = lever, four rocks = cobble, and a second page with six rocks = wall) and Shapeless Crafting (rock/stick/feather = arrow, rock/chisel = brick).

I am unable to get a knapping screen from rocks, a pottery screen from clay, or a loom screen from string.

I figured it out! It was still a Mac/Java issue. I have Oracle's 64-bit Java 7 installed, per Kitty's suggestion, and 1.7 shows up when I do "java -version" from the Terminal.

However, Minecraft was still launching with Java 6. I followed the instructions in this post, to launch the Minecraft Launcher using Java 7:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/support/unmodified-minecraft-client/1858141-minecraft-x64-for-mac-with-java-7?comment=12

For future reference for anyone having this problem, I now have to launch the Minecraft launcher with this command in the terminal:

java -d64 -Xms4096M -Xmx5130M -jar Minecraft.app/Contents/Resources/Java/Bootstrap.jar

And now everything works! I am now happily using your excellent mod, Dries.

If anyone has a suggestion how I can permanently force the vanilla launcher to use 64-bit Java 7 on a Mac, I would appreciate it!

Edit: I wandered down this rabbit hole: https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MCL-1049

Seems like the best solution is to right click Minecraft in the Applications folder, select "Open Package Contents," navigate to Contents/Resources/Java and drag Bootstrap.jar into the "Documents" section of the Dock for easy opening.

Works for me.Thank !

Forge 10.13.1.1217

TerraFirmaCraft 0.79.4.224

CodeChickenCore 1.0.2.9

NEI 1.0.2.15

TerraFirmaCraftNEIplugin 1.0.0

FastCraft 1.9

MapWriter 1.7.10

I figured it out! It was still a Mac/Java issue. I have Oracle's 64-bit Java 7 installed, per Kitty's suggestion, and 1.7 shows up when I do "java -version" from the Terminal.

However, Minecraft was still launching with Java 6. I followed the instructions in this post, to launch the Minecraft Launcher using Java 7:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/support/unmodified-minecraft-client/1858141-minecraft-x64-for-mac-with-java-7?comment=12

For future reference for anyone having this problem, I now have to launch the Minecraft launcher with this command in the terminal:

java -d64 -Xms4096M -Xmx5130M -jar Minecraft.app/Contents/Resources/Java/Bootstrap.jar

And now everything works! I am now happily using your excellent mod, Dries.

If anyone has a suggestion how I can permanently force the vanilla launcher to use 64-bit Java 7 on a Mac, I would appreciate it!

Edit: I wandered down this rabbit hole: https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MCL-1049

Seems like the best solution is to right click Minecraft in the Applications folder, select "Open Package Contents," navigate to Contents/Resources/Java and drag Bootstrap.jar into the "Documents" section of the Dock for easy opening.

Amazing! I had  almost given up on running this plugin, but I decided to have one last look at the comments section before I did. Thank you!

EDIT: Found a better way. Just change the executable in your profile on the launcher. Looks like Mojang added support after all!

Hm it works, but I see every item over 6 pages on the right hand side and can't access the buttons to the right of my inventory.

Can't seem to tone it down in the mod options.

I doing something wrong?

You can disable the overlay by pressing 'O'

How do you install this mod?

The same way you install any mod. You put it in your mods folder.

The same way you install any mod. You put it in your mods folder.

God I love this forum! You even provide help to plugins :P

I have no idea how to install the mod, i keep getting an error saying that i could not find the NEI file

so I can't launch Minecraft with NEI.Forge version: 10.13.1.1219

NEI: 1.0.2.15

TFC: whatever the newest one is:NEI plugin: also the newest oneand the Shaders mod for 1.7.10

doesn't tell me how to make refined iron blooms or filled molds

If I leave something typed into the search field for a while, it inevitably ends up stuck on that search. As in, no matter what I try to search for, NEI won't change what it's showing me, but otherwise functions as intended (shows recipes, scrolls through pages, gui buttons work). Logging out and back in doesn't fix it, only restarting the Minecraft application altogether fixes it. I'm not sure if it's caused by simply leaving something in the search field for a length of time, or if some other TFC gui interaction causes it without my notice. I've tried doing tons of things and immediately checking NEI after, I haven't found anything that seems to cause it directly or immediately. It just sort'a... happens.

If I leave something typed into the search field for a while, it inevitably ends up stuck on that search. As in, no matter what I try to search for, NEI won't change what it's showing me, but otherwise functions as intended (shows recipes, scrolls through pages, gui buttons work). Logging out and back in doesn't fix it, only restarting the Minecraft application altogether fixes it. I'm not sure if it's caused by simply leaving something in the search field for a length of time, or if some other TFC gui interaction causes it without my notice. I've tried doing tons of things and immediately checking NEI after, I haven't found anything that seems to cause it directly or immediately. It just sort'a... happens.

I think that is an issue with NEI itself. I will try replicating this in my test enviroment and see if I can find out what's happening.

It could be; I admit that I've never used NEI on 1.7.10 without your plugin, lol. I didn't even think that it might be NEI itself, since I've never had a problem with it in previous versions of Minecraft. I'll disable your plugin and see if it still occurres after a while.

Oh that would be wonderfull, it would save me a lot of time.

Aaah, yep, there it goes. It took for-freakin'-ever this time, but it definitely just happened without your plugin.

http://i.imgur.com/aNW7vem.png

Sorry for the false alarm, lol.

No problem at all. By testing this yourself you have saved me some (or a lot) of time. Thanks.

Now this plugin has a Github repo, and a spot on my jenkins build server.

See first post for updated links.