Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Lancezh

StoneCold Texture Pack x256 / x128 / x64 / x32 - Pre Release 0.6 is OUT 14 / 06

89 posts in this topic

Stonecold Texture Pack for Terrafirmacraft x256 / x128 / x64 / x32, PreRelease 0.6 is OUT

*eventually

Posted Image

--------------------------------

Progress:

Terrain / Stone: 95%

Terrain / Dirt: 80%

Trees: 85%

Items: 0%

Interfaces: 10%

--------------------------------

Screenshots:

I will add your screenshots if you post them and i like it, so post away.

Download:

How to Install:

(For Highrestextures you either need MCpatcher or Optifine, if you dont have these your game will CRASH)

After thinking about it for a long time i decided to make this Texturepack as an extension to the Photorealismpack and NOT make it a complete rehaul of the vanilla texturepacks. This means you need to download photorealism separately (i can't offer you a combined download this would violate his copyright).

1. Download Photorealism in the same resolution (currently 128 or 256) you want to play TFC.

2. Download the newest Version of the StoneCold pack. Insert the containing bioxx folder into your Photorealism texturepack by drag and dropping it.

3. Copy the Photorealismpack as any other Texturepack into your %appdata%/.minecraft/texturepack folder.

4. Play and report any issues here and please note which build you are using (!).

How to upgrade:

1. Simply replace the bioxx folder in your current pack with the downloaded one, it will overwrite all changes and should still work.

Newest Version:

READ INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS, THIS IS AN ADDON NOT A COMPLETE PACK

PreBuild 0.6 - x256 - Mediafire , 14.06.2012, ~42Mb

PreBuild 0.6 - x128 - Mediafire , 14.06.2012, ~20Mb

Old Versions:

-none-

Changelog:

Prebuild 0.6, 14.06.2012

==========

- Initial Release for the public to be tested.

Known Issues:

- Dirttextures do not correspond with their color to the underlying Stone

- Minor Alignment / Seamless Issues with Bricks.

- DirtTextures and others have slim scaleerrors on their borders which make the textures seem like framed in (x128 only)

- Some Ores are hard to spot under dim light.

- Some Anviltextures look odd.

- Logpiles look retarded.

- Various Textures not yet made, they are easily spotted if they look like Washed out Versions from Dead91's Faithfullpack.

- Items not yet implemented.

Thx & Credits:

- TahMahn & Azenzu for helping me identify all the different trees in real life and their feedback..

- Dead91 for letting me use his Textures as fillers as long as there are still some unused ones.

- Thebeatles8371 which contributed to Dead91's pack as well.

Please show them some love and download their pack as well and try it. I think they did an awesome job.

- Bioxx for this awesome Mod

- Any past and future testers for giving me their valuable feedback.

I'd prefer realism as well, I'd suggest 32x or 64x, that way us with lower end computers/laptops can use it as well.

I will create 256x / 128x / 64x and 32x so everything is covered obviously. I wont bother with 512x so dont ask ;)

Realistic it is then.

I will have a first version for your feedback up in about 1 - 2 hours. It basically cover some of the stones, after this is done the rest is done very quick for the rest of the terrain, just have to get all the filters in place.

i am one of the crazies that can run 512, but something with connected textures and closer to that LPG rpg would be awesome

The thing with 512's is that most of the packs that i checked didnt really bring the added quality compared to 256. I rather complete the 256's nice and sound, its better to work directly in the max resolution and since most people will use this i try this one.The farther i have to scale down from the original res the worse for the people in the lower Res unless i invest alot of time on that as well xD

Here we go, a pre preview of the stuff i'm working on. Some of these will be even more detailed but not much. This is the current x256 Resolution. The bricks at the bottom will be subject to change depending on how they look when on big buildings. In lower resolutions the left arrangement will look quite frankly shit.

I'm also not satisfied with the Stone in this, as it is not detailed enough and not smooth enough. However i need to find a balance between these and actually smooth stone of the mod.

Looking good man! Can't wait until a full version is out :>

I think the larger bricks look nicer, and are more traditional for minecraft. Other than that, great work, and I am looking forward to seeing how you do on all those trees. 256x ftw!

EDIT: Also, looking at the right side brick pattern, your center brick is extremely long, and the rest of them are only maybe half that size. Might end up looking a bit funny when tiled in a world.

I think the larger bricks look nicer, and are more traditional for minecraft. Other than that, great work, and I am looking forward to seeing how you do on all those trees. 256x ftw!

EDIT: Also, looking at the right side brick pattern, your center brick is extremely long, and the rest of them are only maybe half that size. Might end up looking a bit funny when tiled in a world.

Woops, forgot to cut the stone there lol. Thx mate ;)

I like how it looks so far, definitely the realism I like. Hopefully you will incorperate it into vanilla textures as well as the TFC textures.

Preview 2 is out. If you still see the old picture, refresh this thread.

If I can put in a little suggestion, try to have more variety in the different stone materials if possible. The hue shift is nice indeed, but I think it would be even better to have realistic depictions of the different stone types as well as more variations within the same stone variant.

An example:

marble (click for full view)

Posted Image

hope that helps, cheers...^^

Just want to say that this is a beautiful texture. Here's to hoping my computer can handle it on release :P

If I can put in a little suggestion, try to have more variety in the different stone materials if possible. The hue shift is nice indeed, but I think it would be even better to have realistic depictions of the different stone types as well as more variations within the same stone variant.

An example:

marble (click for full view)

Posted Image

hope that helps, cheers...^^

This WILL be done after the first release. I intend in fact to remove the colored pieces and give the stones their real counterpart looks. However i will finish the stones first and then remove texture by texture to make them more real.

The textures look really nice. Just the cobblestone (the stone in the second row) looks not so good in my opinion. The new interface is nice! I hope you can publish the first beta of the pack soon.

If there's a single mod where a realistic texture pack has sense, is this one. And your work looks great!

Keep going, please!