Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Terex

1.7.10 mods with TFCb79

72 posts in this topic

Definitely like plant mega pack I made a MineTweaker script that you can grab here for my pack. It may help save a lot of time for anyone looking to use. I used Iron bars (they are cheaper in my pack) and ceramic bowl for the hanging baskets. 

I like what happens when I combine

Dynamic Lights

Peaceful Nights, Dangerous Caves (I like the idea that mobs actually come from somewhere instead of just popping into existence)

Hardcore Darkness (with the config set not to change sky light, so I can still see a bit by starlight)

It really puts the whole experience of cave exploration over the edge and increases the immersion quite a bit for me.

Peaceful Nights, Dangerous Caves (I like the idea that mobs actually come from somewhere instead of just popping into existence)

Wow, thanks for that, been looking for something like this, there is such a ridiculous amounts of mobs, it really discourages longer exploration trips.

this is the list of mods in my ssp world i use and they work fine for me. (the list is big so im hiding it in a spoiler.)

bspkrsCore 6.15

decorations 1.0.20 addon for tfc

leather water sac 3.9.b79 addon for tfc

merchants 1.1.3 addon for tfc

merchants containers 1.0.1 for merchants addon

TerraFirmaCraft 79.25

TerraMisc 0.6.2 addon for tfc

automated bellows 1.02 addon for tfc

cellars 1.010 addon for tfc

scales 1.0.1 addon for tfc

udary 0.2.28 addon for tfc

deconstruction v2.2.5

adventurebackpack 0.8b

animalcrate 0.1 addon for tfc

bibliocraft v1.11.3

CodeChickenCore 1.0.7.47-universal

coroutil 1.1.1

CraftableMobEggs 1.0

CraftableGlowstone 1.0.0

CraftGuide 1.6.8.2

CraftingPillars 1.6.1

craftnstar 0.2.1 (craftable nether star) (for blaze rods needed to make potions)

DynamicLights (havent got this configured atm)

Farseek 1.0.10

FastCraft 1.21

GraveStone 2.15.1

GreenThumb 1.2.0 (for a few minor vanilla block recipies)

HopperDuct 1.3.2

HardcoreQuestMode 4.3.3

JourneyMap 5.1.0

MrCrayfishFurniture v3.4.8

NEI 1.0.5.118

Optifine HD C1

PDNC 0.1

PneumaticCraft 1.11.19.141

ProjectRed Base 4.7.0 pre9.92 (ores and plants dont gen)

ProjectRed Compat 4.7.0 pre9.92

ProjectRed Integration 4.7.0 pre9.92

ProjectRed Lighting 4.7.0 pre9.92

ProjectRed Mechanical 4.7.0 pre9.92

ProjectRed World 4.7.0 pre9.92

Repose 1.2.4 (no need to jump to walk up a 1-block high slope)

ResourceLoader 1.3

Ruins (cant fignure out how to get anything other then 2 dungeons and the shipwreck to spawn)

SciAPI v.0.5.2 (needed for Stellar Sky)

Ships by Chuchaz 1.0.4

SimpleAchievements 1.1.0-21 (not exactly sure why i added this one tbh. lol.)

SmoothBedrock 2.2.0.7

StellarSky v0.1.4 (realistic night sky)

NEI addon for tfc

UpdateChecker (needed for ruins)

WAILA 1.5.10

WarpBook 2.0.36 (handy for tps to specific locations)

WAWLA 1.3.1

ZombieAwarness 1.9.6

ВращениеЗемли (Time-Speed) (like time scaler, no problems noticed from adjusting how fast time passes.) (ranges from vanilla to realtime)

Edited by Mathias Ademar

So, just a warning: I also added the Timescaler and... it's not really working correctly. If you pause with Esc the time still goes forward and then when you unpause it jumps weirdly.

Yes we use TooMuchTime to adjust day/night lengths but it required customization to work properly with TFC.

The Smart Moving mod has an issue with mods that add and stick objects on the player, whether it be a backpack mod or TFC placing a large vessel on the player's back. The object doesn't stick on the part of the player where it's supposed to stick.

I've tested the Somnia mod, and it works okay. The world fast-forwards just fine with no issues. The only glitch I came across is when you try to sleep on a bed inside a 2-block-high room with a ceiling made up of intangible blocks like leaf blocks and thatch. After waking up, you'll end up walking slow inside such rooms as if you're walking through leaf or thatch blocks, until you restart the game. I have yet to verify if this only happens with TFC or it can also happen with other mods with intangible blocks. The mod also allows you to sleep on straw & hide beds.

Apart from that, I use Subaraki's Gravestone mod and the Sound Filters mod. There's another Gravestone mod that also works with TFC, but this one has extra features you may not like, like naturally generated gravestones littering your world. These gravestones contain vanilla items and may spawn mobs like skeleton dogs.

Edited by atheoang3l0

It should be noted that the only reason to use Somnia mod is with other mods that would need to simulate time passing. TFC does it's own advancement of time when sleeping. 

Another gravestone mod is OpenBlocks. You can disable most of the other bits from the mod and there are some other nice blocks you can keep. Such as the sleeping bag, bear trap and more. It does require tweaking the recipes or allowing some conversions in the TFCCrafting.cfg.

I thought of having Somnia as I might come across a good TFC-compatible mod that may require world simulation. I have yet to find one, though.

Just tested out the OpenBlocks mod. It has neither the light beacon of Subaraki's mod nor the extra features of NightKosh's mod, i.e. it's a better mod for me.

The Streams mod works very well with TFC, I've tested it on new worlds and works great! Just not on worlds generated before the Streams mod has been installed. It works for the latest version of TFC.

The Streams mod is both a standalone mod and a TFC addon as it officially supports TFC.

Yes IGW is great. We use it in our pack to provide a reference for all the changes we've made. This is by same dev as pneumaticcraft. Which works surprisingly well with TFC. Some recipe tweaks are necessary.

It would be fun to integrate the portals mod with limited functionality (only overworld obviously) into the TFC tech tree (needing gems for example).

What's the link between gems and tech tree? I don't see this at all?

and why are people so obsessed with gems anyhow?

I mean, gems would be useful for making early-game paints/dyes, given most low tech dyes that didn't rot were from gems or snailshells..... Or they were egyptian blue, which also fades....

What's the link between gems and tech tree? I don't see this at all?

and why are people so obsessed with gems anyhow?

Desire to see useless items have a use?

This is unexpected. An unofficial update of Nandonalt's Coral Reef mod works with TFC. Download link here.

Screenshots:

XCzEFGs.png

tjrnxJL.png

The glowing corals look out of place. Fortunately, you can disable them in the mod's in-game config menu.

Edited by atheoang3l0

I just Love this mod, this is one of the best news in some time. Thanks for the info.

The list mentions needing to add a line to a config file for Dynamic Lights to work, but when I downloaded the 1.7.10 version, there was no config file. I got the .jar files and a readme file. The readme file mentions each portion of the mod having its own config file, but after downloading the mod multiple times to make sure it wasn't a fluke with the download, I didn't get any config files with the download.

Configs generate the first time you run instance with mod.