Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Terex

1.7.10 mods with TFCb79

72 posts in this topic

A few mods run very well with TFC b79, listed below. Can you recommend others?

- Fastcraft

- Optifine

- Mapwriter (original thread on minecraftforum)

- Journeymap

- Not enough Items (plus TFC plugin)

- Waila

- Better foliage (as is, leaves work but grass does not)

- Damage Indicators

- Dynamic lights

(add "terrafirmacraft:Torch" to the config files)

- Shaders (does not work in conjunction with Fastcraft!)

- Smart moving

- Time scaler

- Crafting manager

- Craftguide

- Chisel

- Bibliocraft

- Carpenter's blocks

- Realistic Pain

- Enhanced Portals 3

- Lupiis ladders

- Localized weather

- Presence footsteps

- Matmos (environmental sound simulator)

EDIT: Updated list plus links

Edited by Terex

Item/Block ID does not work with Dynamic Lights, you have to use the name. So for the torch (as TFC changes the vanilla one) you have to add "terrafirmacraft:Torch" to the config file (it is case sensitive).

Thanks! That works. I added the line in files DynamicLights_dropItems, DynamicLights_otherPlayers and DynamicLights_thePlayer.

I'd love to have better foilage - I'm not sure what to enter for the block IDs in the block whitelist to allow rendering of shortgrass on TFC grass

Update: I've identified what must be entered in Better Foilage. In the better foilage menu -> Block Types -> Grass Whitelist -> enter "com.bioxx.tfc.Blocks.Terrain.BlockGrass" and "com.bioxx.tfc.Blocks.Terrain.BlockClayGrass" for the shortgrass to render atop TFC grass and claygrass blocks respectively.

The problem: They render grey and as of now am searching for a solution to that

I'm a big fan of Smart Moving with TFC. Scaling mountains in TFC can be a bit of a challenge because of falling blocks, and SM adds high-jumping and ledge-grabbing mechanics that help immensely without feeling unfair. SM also adds swimming, which makes early-game pre-boat movement a lot more tolerable without making boats obsolete. I usually play around with the configs to get something that "feels" right to me, but the defaults aren't bad.

I just installed Smart Moving 15.2 for forge 1.7.10 and it seems to be working just fine with b79.

Smart moving works just fine..

If you want to give it a try see the Generation Gateway B79 alpha post in servers

Timescaler seems to work pretty well with TFC as well.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1291771-timescaler

I haven't run into any issues with creature spawns (i.e.: Zombies running around in the middle of the day), etc…  And crop growth, Kiln operation, etc seem to scale accordingly in the length of time needed.  Hence if you make the days longer, expect the kiln to take longer to fire, and so on...

In the config, the top line should be 1.0 .  That is the default length of day, to make the days longer, you could put 0.5 for instance, making the day longer…  Have fun  :)

Can someone link to the download of Mapwriter for 1.7.10? I wasn't able to find it linked in the official thread since it's not an official release.

I discovered that the GLSL Shaders Mod does not work with fastcraft mod. If you want shaders, remove fastcraft.

Would be nice for someone to compile a list of links for common mods like this. Personally I was trying to find Waila and I keep finding versions for 1.5.2 and a few generic spam download sites.

GLSL Shaders works with fastcraft if you use the older version. I'm using "ShadersModCore-v2.3.22-mc1.7.10-f1208". You can grab it here

I'm using

CraftingManager

Craftguide

Open blocks(1 or 2 items only iirc)

Most of the others have already been mentioned.

I had a look at JourneyMap and I think I will replace Mapwriter with JourneyMap. 

Generally mapwriter is awesome, but I don't like the glitch that occurs causing flashing of map layers (old vs updated). This is most noticeable after it snowed or a new part of a base is built. 

I'm really fond of Journeymap.

Keeping track of ore veins in TFC can be difficult without waypoints. I don't want to use F3 and write down coordinates, it kinda breaks immersion. Nor do I want gigantic beacons, which look kinda silly.

With Journeymap I can easily play with the minimap and beacons disabled. That leaves just the full-screen map, which feels kinda like the vanilla map, just far more useful with pan and zoom. Then when I add waypoints, they only show up as a mark on my map. For me, it's just the right blend of immersion and functionality.

The firs post should be updated to lis all the compatible mods, give links to  download pages and give info about tweaks to make mods work

I would add Chisel to the list, the chisel and some block are not craftable (not compatible with ore dict, or require vanilla items) but it should be fixed in the release of Chisel 2.

Can also add bibliocraft (there is a recipe script available on the forum) that is always nice to have

The first post should be updated to lis all the compatible mods, give links to  download pages and give info about tweaks to make mods work

Done. Sorry it took some time.

Has anyone actually been able to successfully use Optifine with 0.79.10?

I switched to the latest version of TFC, plus Forge 10.13.1.1217 as indicated in the download page, plus FastCraft 1.9, and Optifine (Ultra) for 1.7.10 (last version was: A4, compatible with Forge #1180), and everything seemed to be working with high FPS up until I started moving around and chunks got loaded. The client systematically froze for quite a few seconds, every few seconds. It was quite literally unplayable.

Removing FastCraft did nothing to alleviate the issue (in fact, it worsened FPS). The only solution was to remove Optifine altogether, and keep FastCraft. I don't use a custom resource pack for TFC so that's fine, but not having Optifine means performance isn't as good, especially when it comes to FPS smoothness. But at least it's working properly and with decent FPS.

It could just be Optifine (maybe the fact it was built for Forge 1180 and TFC uses 1217). Or it could be that Optifine and FastCraft are interfering, and thus FC's fixes don't get properly applied, resulting in the bug, I dunno.

If anyone has installed these mods differently and managed to get them working, I'd appreciate some input.

And sorry to sorta hijack this thread but it's about mod compatibility and I don't feel like I should open a support thread about Optifine here.

Has anyone actually been able to successfully use Optifine with 0.79.10?I switched to the latest version of TFC, plus Forge 10.13.1.1217 as indicated in the download page, plus FastCraft 1.9, and Optifine (Ultra) for 1.7.10 (last version was: A4, compatible with Forge #1180), and everything seemed to be working with high FPS up until I started moving around and chunks got loaded. The client systematically froze for quite a few seconds, every few seconds. It was quite literally unplayable.Removing FastCraft did nothing to alleviate the issue (in fact, it worsened FPS). The only solution was to remove Optifine altogether, and keep FastCraft. I don't use a custom resource pack for TFC so that's fine, but not having Optifine means performance isn't as good, especially when it comes to FPS smoothness. But at least it's working properly and with decent FPS.It could just be Optifine (maybe the fact it was built for Forge 1180 and TFC uses 1217). Or it could be that Optifine and FastCraft are interfering, and thus FC's fixes don't get properly applied, resulting in the bug, I dunno.If anyone has installed these mods differently and managed to get them working, I'd appreciate some input.And sorry to sorta hijack this thread but it's about mod compatibility and I don't feel like I should open a support thread about Optifine here.

Have you tried the standard version of Optifine? In all my history of working support on this forum, the Ultra version causes more issues with TFC than it solves, but standard works just fine.

I'd love to have better foilage - I'm not sure what to enter for the block IDs in the block whitelist to allow rendering of shortgrass on TFC grass

Update: I've identified what must be entered in Better Foilage. In the better foilage menu -> Block Types -> Grass Whitelist -> enter "com.bioxx.tfc.Blocks.Terrain.BlockGrass" and "com.bioxx.tfc.Blocks.Terrain.BlockClayGrass" for the shortgrass to render atop TFC grass and claygrass blocks respectively.

The problem: They render grey and as of now am searching for a solution to that

Did you ever find the solution for the gray color?

Have you tried the standard version of Optifine? In all my history of working support on this forum, the Ultra version causes more issues with TFC than it solves, but standard works just fine.

I just tried it, and it did stop the periodical freezing. Unfortunately, Standard doesn't have the FPS smoothing features, so there were constant lag spikes, even more so than without OF, I think.I also tried Ultra but on smooth chunk-loading mode instead of multi-core. That too stopped the freezing, and the lag spikes, but I think it made the client overall slower at processing everything.So I've decided to just go without and just stick to FastCraft. It's not perfect, but it's decent.Thank you for the help! :)