Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
thekkm1

New inventory

23 posts in this topic

I think there should be a new inventory that has for slots for jewelry and stuff like that. the gem could have different effects, like strength, speed, health. this topic is just a quick sketch but tell me if you like it or not or have more suggestions.

These are the names for the inventory icons.

Blue=necklace

black=wrist band

green=ring 1

purple=ring 2

green/red/yellow=profession slots

­­­_______________________________________________________________

neckless is made with:

gem+silver

gem+gold

wrist band is made with:

gem+iron

gem+copper

rings made with:

gem+bronze

gem+steel

post-287-0-89322800-1338375539_thumb.png

post-287-0-40484500-1338375544_thumb.png

I like this idea. :) Methinks the rings (wristbands, too?) ought to be craftable with gold and silver (and platinum! :D) as well, and have the differences in recipes be acounted for by new plans. Alternatively, maybe rings be crafted via combining liquid metal with ceramic ring moulds? That'd actually be pretty realistic.

I'm all for an enchantment system or just basic benefits from various jewellery, too.

i think gems should be used for enchanting themslves, so making jewlery witht he gems causes effects on the player, or in the very least, jewlery that does not have enchants could be sellable to villagers. and when using crafting tools you could encrtust handles with gems so that they enchant the tool, like a handle with rubies would give you fire aspect on swords but maybe nothing on picks and shovles, so depending on what tool you make determines if the gem has any enchancting value or not, and you should be able to add atleast 3 gems to each handle

i disagree because they would do better and it would be more realistic for jewelry. if they just enchanted i would be way over powered with the gems i have.

Don't forget, everything is subject to change so when the devs get to it, you might not be getting as many gems down the road compared to what you're getting now.

That would be nice, although the materials the equipment should be made of alloys, not a pure ore. Ever owned a pure gold necklace? They are very fragile. And a pure iron bracelet would be pretty heavy on your wrist.

Well maybe alloys then or two metals put together...

I think that it would be better to make it so that all metals can be made into jewelry, but they should take damage like armour or the same type, so if you wear a full suit of armour and a ring made of the same metal it should break around the same time as the armour. and if you look at my idea in the enchanting suggestion, it take care of the overpowered problem by making it so that you add the jewles to the item of choice in a jewlers table, then take it to an encahnting table to gamble on wether the gem is activated or burnt up and lost, you also require Exp. which i said should be called Lifeforce, to activate the gems and to icrease the success rate you need more and more Exp.

Honestly I think with all the things already slated for inclusion, space on the inventory GUI may be getting a little precious. Maybe just one extra slot for generic accessories? Then you'd have to choose whether to have a ring, necklace, or what have you. Limiting different enchantments to different types of jewelery (only rings being able to let you breathe underwater, for example), would add yet another level of agonizing choice to TFCs already aggressive take on inventory and resource management.

Consider it compensation for the fact that steve can technically carry over 3.1 billion pounds of sand on his person.

or, like with the weapons mod, a new gui that you open with the r key or something, we would need 2 new gui's a new inventory gui that replaces the current one, and a new one that you use to equip armour and jewelry, maybe a paper doll epuipment gui. the new inventory one could look basicly the same except it will not have the armour slots anymore, just an inmage of how you look and a basic crafting spot

or, like with the weapons mod, a new gui that you open with the r key or something, we would need 2 new gui's a new inventory gui that replaces the current one, and a new one that you use to equip armour and jewelry, maybe a paper doll epuipment gui. the new inventory one could look basicly the same except it will not have the armour slots anymore, just an inmage of how you look and a basic crafting spot

But see you're only looking at what would be cool, and not looking at game balance. An extra GUI would:

A) Make things more complicated than they strictly have to be, and clutter up the otherwise rather simplistic controls of minecraft. Even since infdev, Minecraft has been about making complex things with simple means, and TFC tends to adhere to that with admirable tenacity. I'd like to see that continue, rather than just tack on the unnecessary.

B ) Make gameplay easier on Steve. TFC is about hard starts and struggling your way to the top with good solid work. Items take up more inventory space, basic resources are much harder to get, and the terrain can be absolutely unforgiving. Giving Steve more places to put what will ostensibly be some of the most powerful items in the game just seems contrary to the feel of the mod as a whole.

first off i agree that adding in a bunch of guis would not be ideal but that is enevitable with a mod like this, most will be accesed by new blocks like the anvil, but a few new gui's like the calander are going to be necesary over time to allow this mod to acheive its final goal, remember, minecraft is not this mods inspiration, Dwarf Fortress is, and would adding in one more gui realy clutter it up that much more?

second i do not hink it will make it any easier on the player to have a new gui as the player has to still search for, hunt and gather the materials neded to make the items, then they have to work very diligently to ge the items crafted, this simply allows the player to equip them, while this would allow the player more chance for protection, that is easily compensated for by making mobs get stronger as time goes by, and with the addition of the calander this is much more easily done then previously imagined. yes it would add something that could arguably be called unnecisary but in truth this mod is about believablility and i for one believe that you should be aloud to wear more then a helmet, cuirass, greaves, and boots, i myself could also wear pauldorns, guantlets, bracers, capes, sevral rings and necklaces. and while i do not as for all of this, at least the ability to wear rings necklaces and capes would be a good and fun addition, and in the end although this mod is about making survival harder, it is also about making the game more fun.

so i ask you, is one more keyboard activated gui realy such a bad thing or can we all manage to learn to click a new button to equip or armour and accesories?

Edit: also capes would be pure vanity until new villages come out, i have an idea for what capes could be used for if we get new villages and villagers

I agree with eternal, that this would be too cluttery and overkill. I think the gems should be used for enchanting, and I don't think a necklace makes any sense in TFC. Maybe, MAYBE, when villages come out. But still, I think that TFC is sort of set medieval and earlier, so a little magic is OK, i.e. enchanting, but i think most things should be functional instead of decorative.

jewlery can have a function, you can enchant it to have increase resist and things such as attack strangth and movment speed, maybe even extend hunger and/or life. and plus with a new mob system planned im sure they will balance mobs out so that no matter how op we think we can become by getting all the best weapons and armour and enchants, but eventualy, whether it has to do with time making mobs stronger or just more numerous, it will be balanced to where you wont think there isa such a thing as op. and realy, in real medival times jewlery was worn quite often. most commonly as a sign of wealth but also as a sign of aligence, status. and maybe even good luck in battle. if you want a medival RPG feel, saying adding in rings and necklaces is wrong is like saying putting a hotdog in a bun is wrong, sure you can eat the hotdog and bun seperately, but they are always better together, unless you are alergic to meat or wheat. im tired so this analogy and critisism is a little off, but how else would you add in a additional items? enchanting is not enough to make up for all the uses gems have, so unless bioxx decides to add in a magic addition to the mod where you use up gems to cast spells (not a bad idea if this does not work out) then we need a use for gems, and the only possible uses i see, are enchanting, vanity items, trading and magic. and no single one of these will be enough to use all the gems i have stored up. so take your pick, which 2 or 3 of thse would you be willing to see added? if not all.

It would be quite the idea. Enchantments as well, perhaps something to create an interdimensional inventory space, much like the backpack mod....just without the backpack. But I ramble, I do agree with such a suggestion.

On the topic of inventory, wouldn't a skyrim-like inventory be cool? The skyrim inventory capacity was weight-based, so a inventory like that would be more realistic.

On the topic of inventory, wouldn't a skyrim-like inventory be cool? The skyrim inventory capacity was weight-based, so a inventory like that would be more realistic.

The extremely limited stacking constraints already do this to a degree.

I fully expect to see cobblestone, dirt, and other vanilla materials have much more restrictive stacking limits in the future. (probably about the time that minecarts are added, to offset the loss of 64 high cobblestone stacking)

The extremely limited stacking constraints already do this to a degree. I fully expect to see cobblestone, dirt, and other vanilla materials have much more restrictive stacking limits in the future.

Most likely not until minecarts are implemented.

Otherwise you'll have to head all the way back up to your base from your mine every time you grab a few handfuls of cobble

It would fit the mod with the way it limits how much you can carry of certain things, but I can't even imagine the work involved. You would have to assign a weight value to every item/block you could obtain. That is an obscene amount of work with how much this mod adds.

It would fit the mod with the way it limits how much you can carry of certain things, but I can't even imagine the work involved. You would have to assign a weight value to every item/block you could obtain. That is an obscene amount of work with how much this mod adds.

Which is why simply limiting stack size makes more sense. You don't need an assigned weight value if you can just simulate one by making it hard to carry a large number of an item. Kinda like logs are now.

Most likely not until minecarts are implemented.

Otherwise you'll have to head all the way back up to your base from your mine every time you grab a few handfuls of cobble

Exactly. If it were implemented like that though, it would vastly increase the value of minecarts (assuming they could carry materials, which I am absolutely certain they will be able to do)