Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AllenWL

How far did you get in TFC build 79?

11 posts in this topic

Well, I just found out today that build 79 was out, and since I hadn't played TFC for a while and I liked what I was hearing, I decided to try my hand at playing.

I found myself on a small island, in the middle of the ocean I saw land far off and swam there. However...

I quickly found out that all the nearby landmass where islands, ranging from tiny to small to slightly large, and there was no mainland in sight.

Still, there where some ok sized island, and I could always pan for copper. I decided to settle on the island

A bout 3~4 in-game days later...

Posted Image

My house. I got a large vessel full of water because my house was on a beach, and a bit far from fresh water. The other vessel mainly holds sand, random ores I have no use for yet, and my gold pan, but also has some random items. I used logs and sand to make the walls, and thatch for the roof.

The 'door' is a block of thatch with sand on top to stop mobs from coming in, and I crawl through the thatch to get out or in(Smart moving). There are a lot of trees, and I'm alone, so I have no shortage of wood.

The only problems are....

For one, on the first day, I killed a female pig for food, since I was starving. The only other animals I found so far are two boars. I found some wild crops, but I have no idea when my crops will grow. I found cranberries and (I think) cloudberries, but I forgot where I saw the couldberries and the cranberries won't be ready for harvest for nearly half a year. So yea, I'm slowly starving. And I don't have the gear to go hunt down spiders and make a fishing rod.

For another, there is no copper, tin, or any other ores I might need to advance, meaning all I can do for metals is pan for copper, and man does that take a long time.... I might not last that long.

So yes, my island is currently more or less a deathtrap that is slowly killing me.

But I like it. It's very fun, a lot more fun then when I first tried TFC, and I love the carrying barrels/huge vessels on my back mechanic. I can't wait to get on a server and go around as a traveling merchant with my barrel full of goods on my back :D

So, I would like love to know what you guys are doing. How far did you get? What did you find/make? What troubles/lucky events did you have?

For now im just exploring. I want to stay in stone age as long as i can, but im collecting ores nuggets.

Also, i reealy like meat cooking)

So yea, I'm slowly starving. And I don't have the gear to go hunt down spiders and make a fishing rod.

Not sure if you're aware but in b79 starving no longer kills you, it simply reduces your nutrition levels 3 times faster.  Granted, this means you're way more susceptible to getting killed from falling/mobs

Just checking out seeds at the moment. I feel it's too early to commit with more patches and fixes likely to come. 

I started from seed 1 and counted up until I found an interesting one that wasn't too far north.

Settled on seed "28"

You start in a jungle, which is actually a MASSIVE chain of large jungle islands which look amazing.

You'd think it was an easy start place, but jungles are pretty tough going and mobs stay alive during the day because of all the shade.

I ran about 10 mins before finding fresh water so built a wooden house there from a nearly full inventory of wood.  It's funny when you use up 4 stone axes to chop down just 1 Kapok :)

For now im just exploring. I want to stay in stone age as long as i can, but im collecting ores nuggets.

Also, i reealy like meat cooking)

Love the new meat cooking too :)

I prefer my meat well-done, but that looks really burnt, so I'm wondering if I should go with medium-rare instead

If my world doesn't work out for me, maybe I'll try CreepyD's seed '28'

Sounds like a fun seed to start in

World gen is kinda odd in this version. I tried close to 20 random worlds before I found a good one. I was either on islands with nothing but ocean for days or in a dry climate with no trees for days. One world I even spawned in the middle of an ocean with no land in sight.

After a few worlds I found one that looked nice, but i've had a heck of a time getting copper (dug down where I finally found nuggets, not even a trace of copper yet) so i took a break from that and collected crops and built a barn for animals. seems like the new animal familiarity system doesnt work, but ive got some sheep for when it gets fixed. Definitely liking the new features, especially torches.

I like your sand walls. Never thought about that. :D

I think I am playing in the second world, didn't really count, but the first one was horrible. I walked around for days but did not find anything: no copper, no trees, nothing. Eventually deleted that and started a new one. This time right next to a forest and right on top of copper, gold and silver.

After some initial trouble with bugs (thanks to the team again for these lightning fast fixes!) I made my home out of cobble, logs and a thatch roof and began exploring what's new. It took me ages to get the first tools, till I stopped using sluices and used the pan. After that everything was easy: I could go down into the ravine to mine that copper, build myself all tools and then... realized there was no flux around as I was in an Andesite/Gabbro area. Also no Kaolinite or Graphite.

Since biomes are huuuge now (like 2000 blocks) that also meant: I had to travel. And with 79 that means: travel very far. With a barrel full of water on my back and sandwiches in my pack I sailed the oceans for ~3 RL days in all directions, till I finally found a Borax vine. Since I still did not have fireclay, I decided to just travel south till I find a better biome or at least willow trees. What I found instead however were Arcadia trees, which sadly no longer drop saplings. But they do give a hell of a lot of wood.

I decided to create an outpost beneath the Arcardia trees and went through like 20 stone axes till I had 800 logs for the biggest charcoal pit I've ever built, which resulted in 200 charcoal, which should be enough for some smithing. But since I still had no fireclay, I eventually put everything valuable in my backpack-barrel and continued to explore. And then, just out of luck, I stumbled over Kaolinite. I mined it till the barrel was filled up completely then prayed that nothing would go wrong on the way home. But instead I found another vein of Graphite. And being >4000 blocks from home, I couldn't just come back later, so I decided to mine that vein as well.

Now I am back at home, got everything stored in my soon-to-be smithy. As soon as I figure out how to build the new forge. ;)

And does anyone know how to brew alcohol?

PS: Not a single support beam was used in the entire journey.

To brew alcohol, put a full 10 buckets of fresh water in a barrel, add a full 160 oz of apple, potato, sugarcane, or any grain *flour* and seal. to make vinegar add fruit to alcohol and reseal

So that's why I couldn't make any alcohol... you need flour...

Right, my next harvest is getting brewed into drink.... once I pan enough copper to make a pick and chisel for a quern

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0