Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dnt462

[Solved][79.6]Prospecting Skill Reset

7 posts in this topic

Version #: 79.6

SSP/SMP (Single/MultiPlayer): SP

Suggested Name: Prospecting Skill Reset

Suggested Category: Minor

Description: I raise my prospecting skill, I haven't gotten enough to advance a level yet. When I log out of the world, then return the skill is reset to zero.

My agriculture and cooking skills stay as they were before the log. I have not gotten to testing the other skills.

Have you deleted your config files and are still able to reproduce this bug?: Yes

Do you have any mods other than Forge and TFC installed?: Yes

Fastcraft, Journeymap

I'll need to hear of another confirmation of this occurring before I delve into it too deeply. All skills are handled together at all times, meaning that if one skill was lost, all skills have to be lost. The system was designed specifically to make sure that things like this wont happen. That said, there can always be flaws.

If there is a 100% confirmation of this happening, I'll look into it further.

Sorry dnt462, I have not been able to recreate this problem. Tried on SSP and SMP and have yet to see any of my skills get reset.

I just looked at my save file in NBTExplorer. It said I had a prospecting skill of 1, however I wasn't able to change it.

I started a new world, checked the player file for that and saw no skill component listed. I spawned a prospectors pick and prospect to raise the skill, I checked the skill page in the ui to confirm. When I check NBTExplorer, there was still no skill component.

I picked some nearby carrots and raised my agriculture skill. Now there is a skill component listed in NBTExplorer for my playerfile, and the only entry with a non zero number is agriculture.

I then prospect again to gain skill, and when I checked explorer the prospecting skill was still zero. I worked the prospectng skill to the level of adept, and when I check the file the prospecting skill was still at zero.

I have not done all that much prospecting, just enough to see the level rise on the bar. checking it now, it does seem to have reset to zero.

I have the same problem. After exiting world, prospecting gets reset to 0. I thought there might be a problem with some of the mods, so I disabled them all, and raised the prospecting skill again with no mods installed, and it still resets. I run TFC b79.6

Fixed for 79.7. The skill was only being added clientside, oops.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0