Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Red3Tango

[0.79.6] simSpeedNoPlayers

7 posts in this topic

I see in the config files there is a new option to adjust the time scale on a server when there are no players currently online. I would like to see more option to this, as currently anything below 1 will disable the slow-down. What I do on my server (b78) is have a hopper clock and command blocks to turn doDaylightCycle off when there are no players online (in game mode 0). It would be nice if this was possible with the config... say setting I:simSpeedNoPlayers to 0 or maybe -1 instead of building a redstone contraption in bedrock in the spawn chunk.

seems fine to me, people dont (shouldnt) disappear then reappear days or weeks later.

doDaylightCycle false causes so many other issues with TFC that it doesn't really work for this config. If you want to simulate what would essentially be doDaylightCycle false, set simSPeedNoPlayers to 2147483647 (The highest possible value an integer data type can store). That means that for every 2,147,483,647 ticks that pass on the server, only one will actually move time forward. In other words, in order for a single hour to pass in-game, the server will have to do 214,748,364,700 ticks, which at 20 ticks per second would take about 345 real-life years to do... ignoring leap years.

What kitty said. And also NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER USE doDaylightCycle WITH TFC!

TFC is based around the passage of time mattering. As such, almost every single component requires and expects this. Stuff WILL break.

@Kitty: thanks! What kind of problems though? I have been doing that on my b78 server for a long time now, and havent noticed any adverse effects.

@Kitty: thanks! What kind of problems though? I have been doing that on my b78 server for a long time now, and havent noticed any adverse effects.

To name just a few:

• Chisels won't change modes
  • Animals behave strangely and can revert back into babies
  • Crops behave strangely and can break their nutrient calculations, resulting in negative growth
  • Climate calculations behave strangely, resulting in freezing temperatures in the middle of summer

Oh wow! now I'm paranoid about my server lol. I guess I have just been extremely lucky, that I've been using doDaylightCycle for about 3 months now and don't have any of those problems.