Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
kev12east

[TFC 0.79.27] Technofirma Mod Pack

339 posts in this topic

Is anyone else having an issue with electrical age machines, wires, etc. suddenly disappearing from their game with a huge lag spike? They aren't blowing up, even the machines in a chest disappear.

Edit: they aren't missing but are invisible, however they are no longer working and right clicking them doesn't bring them back and neither does picking them up and trying to replace. It shows EA block of generalities when i hover over them. I have to restore from a backup each time and I can't figure out why this is happening.

Has this been happening on a server or in singleplayer? I am looking into fixing this issue.

Has this been happening on a server or in singleplayer? I am looking into fixing this issue.

server

I was playing my world and got down to lower levels (about level 30) and suddenly an earthquake. I let it happen for about 15 minutes and it seemed it would never stop and got completely annoying. I was wondering if you were planning on disabling earth quakes or atleast trying to shorten the length of them?

I was playing my world and got down to lower levels (about level 30) and suddenly an earthquake. I let it happen for about 15 minutes and it seemed it would never stop and got completely annoying. I was wondering if you were planning on disabling earth quakes or atleast trying to shorten the length of them?

They should already be disabled. If you activate cheat mode (either at world creation or by opening the world to lan), and you can write "/enviroquake stop" without the quotes to remove that earthquake.

They should already be disabled. If you activate cheat mode (either at world creation or by opening the world to lan), and you can write "/enviroquake stop" without the quotes to remove that earthquake.

FYI in the config earthquakes are not disabled. I had to disable them myself. modpack version 2.10.1

FYI in the config earthquakes are not disabled. I had to disable them myself. modpack version 2.10.1

Fixed in 2.11.0

Update 2.11.0

Forge Version: 10.13.1.1307

Added Custom Main Menu, Lumien
Added In-Game Wiki, MineMarten
Added Light Control, Tmtravlr
Added Not Enough Keys, Mr. Okushama
Added Pneumaticcraft, MineMarten
Added Resource Loader, Lumien
Added Hotkey Ore Dictionary Conerter, MattDaEpic
Added MDEcore, MattDaEpic
Added TFCRailcraft, vidaj

Fixes many issues, including Coke Ovens producing vanilla charcoal.
Some new recipes
Noob Protection is now enabled by default, it can be disabled in the DarkserverUtils config.
OPS has been updated

not sure if it's just me but when I try to go to the 6th page in the creative inventory the pack completely crashes. I uninstalled fastcraft and installed optifine

I have no idea how to do the spoiler thing to post the crash report, if you need the crash report please let me know >-<

Likely the plant mega pack crops tab. When crops are disabled in config it creates a render crash. The devs solution was to remove this config option in newer versions.

not sure if it's just me but when I try to go to the 6th page in the creative inventory the pack completely crashes. I uninstalled fastcraft and installed optifine

I have no idea how to do the spoiler thing to post the crash report, if you need the crash report please let me know >-<

A crash report would be helpful, you could simply upload it to pastebin and link to it here.

Likely the plant mega pack crops tab. When crops are disabled in config it creates a render crash. The devs solution was to remove this config option in newer versions.

Plant Mega Pack is not in Technofirma, I tried it put disregarded it as it broke immersion (topical plants in the arctic circle are "meh").

I think I got the link correct I forced update and left everything just as is http://pastebin.com/VJXh5a8B let me know if it shows up please

This seems to be a bug with weather2, installing optifine should fix it.

I'm not exactly able to find the wiki you metnioned earlier and am trying to figure out how to get started in thaumcraft in this modpack, the only way I know of is to get the thauminomicon by making an iron capped wand and right clicking a book shelf with it but I see no way to make an iron capped wand nor am I able to go into creative spawn in a wand and right click a terrafirmacraft bookshelf. I'm really wanting to make some boots of the traveler so I can get around a bit easier to find the ores and rocks that I need but have no idea how to get the thauminomicon

I'm not exactly able to find the wiki you metnioned earlier and am trying to figure out how to get started in thaumcraft in this modpack, the only way I know of is to get the thauminomicon by making an iron capped wand and right clicking a book shelf with it but I see no way to make an iron capped wand nor am I able to go into creative spawn in a wand and right click a terrafirmacraft bookshelf. I'm really wanting to make some boots of the traveler so I can get around a bit easier to find the ores and rocks that I need but have no idea how to get the thauminomicon

Always check NEI. The thaumonomicon is using incorrect recipes for most things. The iron wand cap is made on the anvil.

I seem to be experiencing quite a bit of lag after playing for a while which comes as a surprise since my system is sufficient to handle it. Tried installing Optifine and adjusting all video settings and I've encountered the same results.  When looking at the profiler graph I notice that root.gameRenderer.level.terrain (sortchunks and undefined in that category the most) seems to be running quite high. Also, unsure if it's unrelated but the game does take a quite a while to launch from the launcher.

Have you ever considered adding Glenn's Gases mod to this pack?  ;P  It is a rather amazing mod.  Unfortunately it does not have a version optimized for TFC.

Have you ever considered adding Glenn's Gases mod to this pack?  ;P  It is a rather amazing mod.  Unfortunately it does not have a version optimized for TFC.

I had some issues with it in the past, but I coult try again, or use enviromine's gasses...  

I seem to be experiencing quite a bit of lag after playing for a while which comes as a surprise since my system is sufficient to handle it. Tried installing Optifine and adjusting all video settings and I've encountered the same results.  When looking at the profiler graph I notice that root.gameRenderer.level.terrain (sortchunks and undefined in that category the most) seems to be running quite high. Also, unsure if it's unrelated but the game does take a quite a while to launch from the launcher.

TFC is intensive on its own, and with other mods added it only increases load times and world gen. TBH, the FTB launcher is horrible, and I would recommend trying to use MultiMC (it can import FTB instances) and/or trying some Java parameters. For example:

-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn128M -XX:SurvivorRatio=2 -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:ParallelGCThreads=4 -d64 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:+AggressiveOpts -server -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:MaxPermSize=256M

-XX:MaxPermSize=256M

This part is completely unnecessary as both java and any Minecraft launcher is just going to ignore it anyways. Also, you should be setting Xmn to at least 1G. 128M will only cause more lag.

Edit: Fore more info: http://wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/Performance_Optimization

Edited by Kittychanley

for some reason NEI does not work can you help it does not show at all

Open your inventory and press O.

Let me guess, codechickencore, or Not Enough Items itself?