Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.

28 posts in this topic

This seemed like the most appropriate place to post this, so here goes nothing!

Often when artists or creators make stuff online, people with problems speak out more than anyone else. The vocal Minority, as Kittychanly put it.

This mod is amazing, but even more so are the people who make it. This is a shout out to them. You people are amazing. Never have I seen such dedication to a mod, nor the community. Every time someone needs help, you are there with answers. You're friendly, helpful, and all around great. Your work is appreciated so much. Seriously, keep it up, you're doing great. People will always find things to complain about, that's life. But you don't owe them anything. This is your project and you're kind enough to share. so THANK YOU, SO MUCH.

Sincerely, A Very Satisfied User.

I just want to say that this post brought me to happy tears. I'm currently in the middle of midterms week in school, so my stress levels are already at an all time high from that, and in combination with the flood of support posts that are coming in, as well as the occasional mean comments I see posted, I was having a really really really bad day.

The love really does keep us going and keep us sane, especially when we start seeing a lot of hate.

This seemed like the most appropriate place to post this, so here goes nothing!

Often when artists or creators make stuff online, people with problems speak out more than anyone else. The vocal Minority, as Kittychanly put it.

This mod is amazing, but even more so are the people who make it. This is a shout out to them. You people are amazing. Never have I seen such dedication to a mod, nor the community. Every time someone needs help, you are there with answers. You're friendly, helpful, and all around great. Your work is appreciated so much. Seriously, keep it up, you're doing great. People will always find things to complain about, that's life. But you don't owe them anything. This is your project and you're kind enough to share. so THANK YOU, SO MUCH.

Sincerely, A Very Satisfied User.

You sir deserve your own praises for making a mission of expressing your appreciation for someone's dedication. Truly, this brought a smile to my face from my time when I tolerated administrative roles. Kitty really does deal with a shit ton of weight from the repetitive support for people either not looking or not grasping new mechanics, as well as the rest of the drama a forum typically brings. I am just as guilty in this party, and as much as I try to suggest things to make things easier myself, moderative staff are always going to have this to deal with, but it's their dedication to it that makes it even more impressive than the sheer experience of it.I second this, and thank you bearded for bringing a bit more happiness to someone's day. Don't see much of that in the world anymore, especially online.

@Kittychanley  Keep up the good work, Kitty. You're attempting difficult stuff, and you're pulling it off wonderfully. School is stressful enough, I can only imagine how frustrating people can be on top of it. People become entitled and forget that this is a hobby, not a job. You all deserve praise for your hard work, not criticism for the works in progress.

@Codaisthisguy  I'm honestly just trying to do what I can to help. I lack any significant skills to offer up, so I figured I'd do what I can here. A community is only as good as its members. A little kindness goes a long way, and people forget that.

This is my first post and I just wanted to say that I am currently getting my PhD and TFC is how I relax after researching and writing all day. It helped me get my MA by giving me a way to relax and zone out like nothing else can, and I expect the same for my PhD. This is the best mod I have ever played. So, thank you Kittychanley! I can't imagine how you do both. 

Indeed!!!  Bioxx, Dunk, Kitty, etc… TFC has been my favorite mod since I started playing mods back in 2012.  It is inspiring to see someone so passionate about something, and so eager to share their ideas and hard work with others as you all do.  Thank you for the many fond TFC/Forum memories and the many more to come!!!  KUDOS!

Yes! Thank you so much DEVS!!! TFC is awesome and gave me that same feeling that I had when I first started playing minecraft. One day I saw Pak stream TFC and I was hooked. I can't thank you all enough for the wonderful content you all have shared with us. You all put an incredible amount of work into developing this awesomeness so the least we can do is thank you! Thanks for all the passion, love, and skill you have given us in the form of TFC. :)

Hope you have a wonderful night!

I have posted a few thank you's here and on IRC, but it great to see someone make a topic dedicated to supporting the devs, instead of being a simple reply to a buried post long forgotten. I am not so good with words (as this post shows lol), but you said it just perfectly Beardedwombat! To the devs/staff, you guys are epic and would like to personally state how appreciative I am of all your hard work.

-Thank You

@Codaisthisguy  I'm honestly just trying to do what I can to help. I lack any significant skills to offer up, so I figured I'd do what I can here. A community is only as good as its members. A little kindness goes a long way, and people forget that.

It certainly does, you've started a wildfire of an appreciation thread here. ^^Now all we're missing are the server screenshots of people making thank you signs and stuff like that, maybe someone will have to make a thread in the show off part of the forum for mod/dev appreciation builds. I'd get behind that, just to let them know that their work isn't falling on a shallow hearted crowd. Really, there's a lot of wonderfully invested people here too, and I'm glad to have made my first post asking for some help... that got a reply in like... 10 seconds.

Could not agree more with OP, your job is amazing thanks you very much !

TFC is awesome and gave me that same feeling that I had when I first started playing minecraft.

This is exactly how I feel when playing TFC. Exploring in TFC reminds me how good it was to explore in minecraft in the old beta versions, when the world generation was unpredictable and not as smoothed and boring than now.

So far, TFC is the best mod I played (and I played A LOT of mods).

Wombie, you lovable brewmaster. This was something I needed to read. There are one or two things about the current release of TFC that I feel are wrong and need to be fixed. I am very opinionated and my stance on those things won't change easily. I focus on what could be better. That being said I often forget to think about or express my appreciation for the two hundred and forty eight million other things that are absolutely perfect. Given that I absolutely love 99.8 percent of this mod I think I could do much better in focusing on the plethora of positives, so for that I apologize. It's not Canadian thanksgiving anymore but better late than never right?

@Bioxx

You have done an absolutely stunning job with world gen. If there is one area that puts every other mod to shame it is your code that repeatedly generates beautiful landscapes that take me back over and over. The balance of towering mountains to rolling plains, shady forests, lakes and hot springs is great and the accuracy with which they portray a believable fantasy earth-scape is awesome. In addition to that you have set yourself apart from other mods by creating something that is both fun and educational (and that's hard to accomplish in any field) In contrast to so many other mods that drown you in automation, magic-do-everything-blocks and pseudo-science the game you created continues to impress me with the ways that it reflects the way people actually did things while still making it fun to play. The new barrel mechanics are a work of art, 11/10 on that too.

@Dunk

This may seem like a little thing but I am head over heels in love with that little fish model you made. The behavior and movement of those adorable little swarms of minnows is uncannily realistic and there's nothing quite like jumping into a lake while your friend casts his line so you can knife the fish as they spawn :3 Mojang needs to take a few lessons from you. 

@Kitty

You put up with my crap on the forums when I type without thinking everything through and still listen to new ideas. That's not easy. Also, the way you champ'd the recent blitz of threads with the 79 release has been nothing short of the best forum moderation I've ever seen. 5 new threads a minute and you were everywhere, calmly explaining things to every person who had even the smallest question. I finally found graphite in my SP and got a crucible going again and it was such a great moment when I clicked in a stack of ores and suddenly remembered that time 2 months ago I complained about the tedium of the crucible UI. Something I just thought of on a whim and whined about you actually passed on and made changes happen. That means a lot to me and speaks volumes to the dedication that the dev team has towards this community.

If there's anything I didn't thank one of you for it's likely that I just didn't know you did it. So thanks for all the other countless things you do behind the scenes that makes this possible. Despite my attitude at times I truly do appreciate it and am 100% convinced this is the most impressive mod to Minecraft that has ever been made.

Wombie, you lovable brewmaster. This was something I needed to read. There are one or two things about the current release of TFC that I feel are wrong and need to be fixed. I am very opinionated and my stance on those things won't change easily. I focus on what could be better. That being said I often forget to think about or express my appreciation for the two hundred and forty eight million other things that are absolutely perfect. Given that I absolutely love 99.8 percent of this mod I think I could do much better in focusing on the plethora of positives, so for that I apologize. It's not Canadian thanksgiving anymore but better late than never right?@BioxxYou have done an absolutely stunning job with world gen. If there is one area that puts every other mod to shame it is your code that repeatedly generates beautiful landscapes that take me back over and over. The balance of towering mountains to rolling plains, shady forests, lakes and hot springs is great and the accuracy with which they portray a believable fantasy earth-scape is awesome. In addition to that you have set yourself apart from other mods by creating something that is both fun and educational (and that's hard to accomplish in any field) In contrast to so many other mods that drown you in automation, magic-do-everything-blocks and pseudo-science the game you created continues to impress me with the ways that it reflects the way people actually did things while still making it fun to play. The new barrel mechanics are a work of art, 11/10 on that too.@DunkThis may seem like a little thing but I am head over heels in love with that little fish model you made. The behavior and movement of those adorable little swarms of minnows is uncannily realistic and there's nothing quite like jumping into a lake while your friend casts his line so you can knife the fish as they spawn :3 Mojang needs to take a few lessons from you. @KittyYou put up with my crap on the forums when I type without thinking everything through and still listen to new ideas. That's not easy. Also, the way you champ'd the recent blitz of threads with the 79 release has been nothing short of the best forum moderation I've ever seen. 5 new threads a minute and you were everywhere, calmly explaining things to every person who had even the smallest question. I finally found graphite in my SP and got a crucible going again and it was such a great moment when I clicked in a stack of ores and suddenly remembered that time 2 months ago I complained about the tedium of the crucible UI. Something I just thought of on a whim and whined about you actually passed on and made changes happen. That means a lot to me and speaks volumes to the dedication that the dev team has towards this community.If there's anything I didn't thank one of you for it's likely that I just didn't know you did it. So thanks for all the other countless things you do behind the scenes that makes this possible. Despite my attitude at times I truly do appreciate it and am 100% convinced this is the most impressive mod to Minecraft that has ever been made.

Well said, Maga! You speak from my soul, I could never have expressed it so fittingly.Thank You All!

Thanks from me too! You guys make it possible to run one of the most interesting (IMO) MC servers that i have done so far. Its amazing to see how well people stick to this mod once they get into the swing of it.

I also want to thank the great TFC staff. Never before have I come across a mod that is so regularly updated to tackle even the most minor of bugs. I'm truely glad that we have such an awesome team of developers spending their free time bringing us a better game experience. Good luck with the midterms Kitty!

Why is this thread so short?  How long does it take to say a simple thank you?  People have such a feeling of entitlement these days.  You give them something for free and they just demand more or complain about it.  :huh:

This is the best Minecraft mod I've ever played, and I've tried over a hundred of them.  Thanks.

Agreed.  This mod has transformed Minecraft for me, from a silly game into a serious strategy endeavor.  I tremendously appreciate the time and effort that's been put forth on this mod and eagerly look forward to what's coming next.

Amazing how a small game project brought so many people together, happily knapping and crafting with smiles on their faces. Thank you Admins for making such an amazing game. Kudos!! And three cheers for the future!!

I'm a little late to the party, but thanks guys. It's nice to come across these threads every now and then. It means a lot.

When i got bored of minecraft i started to play steam. I nearly forgot about mc, then i played this again. This got me back in to  minecraft and mods so i would like to say, thanks for making the joy of minecraft come back to me again!

Has just finally started playing b79 survival and now can say something backed with real experience.

Thank you developers, b79 is awesome. It takes time to learn stuff and understand, but the experience has became better and richer.

Once new mechanics are learned, they are pretty easy to master and use. Supports/cave-ins , animals/familiarity, food preparation, skills, new barrels/vessels ...

Thank you, you are awesome!

IMO many hates is because the love from TFC need never ends and someone claim for a better continue todo to keep forever playing this amazing mod, for me later than TFC dont is possible to play normal MC, look at soooooo boring and a bit no sense.My critics is about stuffs i judge breaking the gameplay for a continued play or any things about no-sense or need a tweak to make it better.The love or amazing fells about TFC, not change because many little points i think not is the good way.Thanks for work and dedication to this mod.

YES! Thank you guys so much. This is an amazing mod. I started quite a long time ago and was impressed then; took a break for awhile and came back. My breath was taken away, truly detailed and absolutely what I wanted out of Minecraft (Make it harder but enhance it's allowance for creavity).

Keep it up, we depend on you for daily escapism! :)

I would also like to say "Thank you!" to Bioxx and Dunk for their work on this mod, and to Kitty for her work and devotion to the wiki and this forum as well!  Also thanks to the forum moderators!

I was first introduced to this mod by TheMinecraftMuse (now Spumwack) years ago and have come back over the years to see TFC's development and to experience all the changes.  I think that speaks a little to the draw that this mod has and what a great piece of work it is.

Thanks a lot everyone :)