Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
lightningtiger88

1001 Small Suggestions: Community Brainstorming~!

39 posts in this topic

i thought I'd start a thread so that we could brainstorm some of these as a community. Suggestions for this thread should be small, very simple mechanics that add a layer of depth, believability and options to the game. I think that these are the sort of changes which the staff are more likely to listen to and also a lot better for the game, since they add depth instead of breadth.

Examples of such mechanics already in the game include:

Salting

Feather Plucking

Ambient Sounds (Frogs)

Making two knifes from one stone

Slowness from a hit to the feet

Nausea from alcohol

etc.

Try to come up with mechanics like these that are extremely simple and founded in reality/believable.

RULES:

No new raw materials- you must use stuff already in the game

No new crafting processes- you must use the quern, crafting table, anvil, etc.

No new mobs- these suggestions must be viable from the existing mobs

No more than one crafting/processing stage.

Try to sum up your suggestion in 100 words or less!

I'll start(this is from another thread but it works here as well): 

Crushed Galena could be a poison that can be added to food for another multiplayer PvP mechanic. Galena, once crushed in the Quern, would produce Galena Powder. The 'Poisoned' tooltip would show, with a relatively unexciting colour so it wasn't easily noticed. Eating poisoned food would either deal damage or quickly reduce nutrition to simulate a reduction in health. Although lead poisoning in reality takes some time, it is still a believable mechanic and could be implemented with other minerals as well. This would provide a use for Galena.

Make two hoes from one stone.

Fish bass in lakes/rivers, fish squids in oceans

Male animals(boars, bulls, rams) attacks you back if attacked unless tamed. If tamed, they can just stare at you with a look of betrayal in there eyes as you slaughter them or something.

More health on wild animals so that you cant punch them to death in the stone age. Make it so that you need at least a knife

Adding a slowness effect to people who are starving. This should reduce the efficiency of people who are starving and should hopefully stop them abusing the 'not dying' mechanic.

The 'Poisoned' tooltip would show, with a relatively unexciting colour so it wasn't easily noticed.

Small additional idea there, make it so it adds something like "it tastes a bit odd." to the taste tooltip in early skills of cooking, but make it so that also shows with varying levels of decay. while an expert chef would look at it and the tooltip would be red and read. "This food has been poisoned!"

(I realize these ideas are similar to another mod, so not as good a suggestion as I first thought.)

-I'd like to see the back slot mechanic branch out to a tool belt idea. Something you can craft and place next to your pants slot that gives you an extra hotbar slot off to the side.

-Maybe use the same idea to add a back slot next to it that you can scroll to. In case you have a quiver or something of that sort and you just want to right click with it to restock or get into your ammo supply.

animals seek refuge from rain under trees when it rains. Animals of same kind group together 

metal support beams

Air Quality: When deep inside caves the air gets thin and gives slowness. Torches and lava will cause further decreases in air quality

Metal blocks

Preset blueprints for basic tables/chairs/sculptures in creative (think like enchanted books in vanilla). Can be later implemented along with moving of fantasy mobs underground into dungeon/underground chest spawns.

Crafting markings with any pigment and water, as well as from an ink sac. Would provide options.

While holding a lit torch in hand, the hit boxes on existing torches throughout your world become larger or even up to a full block. This allows for easier relighting of torches throughout your home and especially those nasty twisting caves. To back up this suggestion, it's actually quicker for me to just do a sweeping motion across the unlit torch on the cave wall and break it, and then simply place another torch in the general vicinity of the original, then it is to line up your crosshairs every time and relight the torch. This in my opinion is just as "unrealistic" if not more so then being able to quickly relight torches with a larger hit box.

Love the new torch mechanic by the way!

• Metal torch, you make it in the anvil and then place it and when right clicked with coal it will load it, storing a max of 2 coal pieces which then can be ignited with a torch, not a couple of sticks. They will last longer than wooden torches.
  • More tall grass, and grass drying, and some dry leaves too.
  • Harder fire making, no more magic fire. it takes a lot of time and some thatch or dry leaves to make one with the friction method.
  • Bows for firestarters, firestarters will only light campfires, not forges nor anything else, the rest is done with some flint and steel or with some torches
  • Trees have roots
  • Lumber makes  []  forms not I  to look more like the textures.
  • Mud near water ponds
  • Big trees are  more common.
  • mortar added to small stones to make stackable cobblestone, but not gravity free.

Not so simple to do, but I would definitively like to see more dynamics like coal piles, ingot stacks,etc. for example a similar coal pile but with stones or with planks

Just some basic brainstorming of what I think can be done with relatively few coding work. altough I don't know anything about coding  ^_^

Replace "crafting table" by craft skill.From 2 or 3 skill points, we can crafter 3x3.

-Make freshwater bass have a wider variety of sizes, fishing takes a large amount of time for little food reward compared so simply grabbing some seaweed in a nearby ocean. I LOVE the new fish/fishing but find myself not using it as much because it's so impractical to collect meat 1oz at a time. 

Throwable stones, slight crushing damage, tossed like snowballs. A little bit more fair than trying to whoop on skeletons with a hand hammer.

A way to squeez fruits andere make soms more dinks

Not fully filled gunpowder barrels van explode

Not fully filled powder kegs can explode, if I recall correctly.

Dried fruit, using the smoke rack(how do you make those anyways?)

Animals eating wild/planted crops.

Coffee!But I'd like a version that respects how the real process works for making that addicting black gold, as well how it can work with the mod in a believable way. Not overpowered, but convenient.

crushed in the Quern, Zombie Flesh, to fertilizer. (i hate useless itens)

crushed in the Quern, Zombie Flesh, to fertilizer. (i hate useless items)

Were there any other applications for rotting meat in history? Something's on the tip of my tongue but can't recall.

Were there any other applications for rotting meat in history? Something's on the tip of my tongue but can't recall.

Feed it to the pigs. Didn't they do that with everything? 

Feed it to the pigs. Didn't they do that with everything?

maybe, but the contamination can turn the friendly pigs in angry pigmans!

Remove rotten flesh and just make zombie drop random ingots/tools or badly rotten food. Or maybe yarn. Or maybe all of them(not all at once, just all of them be possible drops)

Make skeletons not immune to piercing damage. It makes no sense. I mean, unless I have extremely bad luck, how is it possible that the arrow/javelin misses every bone in the skeleton?

Nerf arrows(or add tiers), boost javalins. I wouldn't be surprised if this was already suggested somewhere.

Make skeletons not immune to piercing damage. It makes no sense. I mean, unless I have extremely bad luck, how is it possible that the arrow/javelin misses every bone in the skeleton?

To add to that, a skeleton fight lasts forever. I was hiding and I could hear 2 fighting for ages, once I regained some health I checked their health and they were pretty much full.

Remove rotten flesh and just make zombie drop random ingots/tools or badly rotten food. Or maybe yarn. Or maybe all of them(not all at once, just all of them be possible drops)

make more sense for slashing to do damage, and piercing to do reduced damage. Slashing a bone in half is a bit less destructive, but it will still break the bone.

A woven grass mat that would be used to dry fruits, as simple as spreading the fruit on top on a sunny day.

Plant fiber to tie stone tools together.

New Tool, The Trowel used with mortar to set stone, brick, smooth and cobble gravity free blocks.

Hammer and nails to set wood blocks.

Food preservation made easier so is not a grind. Caveman was able to preserver food for winter!!!!!

Keeping grains inside a sealed large vessel should be enough to preserve it for a long time.

Wine should give you the nutrition of fruits.

-Make freshwater bass have a wider variety of sizes, fishing takes a large amount of time for little food reward compared so simply grabbing some seaweed in a nearby ocean. I LOVE the new fish/fishing but find myself not using it as much because it's so impractical to collect meat 1oz at a time. 

You're getting itty bitty fish because your butchery skill is too low. As it increases, you'll start getting more and more weight on the fish that you catch.

Not fully filled powder kegs can explode, if I recall correctly.

They do not, and never have. You've always had to fill the keg completely. Powder kegs don't work in 79 right now anyways.

A woven grass mat that would be used to dry fruits, as simple as spreading the fruit on top on a sunny day.

Plant fiber to tie stone tools together.

New Tool, The Trowel used with mortar to set stone, brick, smooth and cobble gravity free blocks.

Hammer and nails to set wood blocks.

Food preservation made easier so is not a grind. Caveman was able to preserver food for winter!!!!!

Keeping grains inside a sealed large vessel should be enough to preserve it for a long time.

Wine should give you the nutrition of fruits.

Plant fiber implies that you can't build stone tools "everywhere", since it'd probably need grass/branches. which would also need a knife. Self defeating unfortunately.I personally prefer the idea of allowing someone to craft things like cobblestone with mortar, allowing it to stand without falling over, and be used as a gravity free block. The rest arleady are gravity free to some extent, maybe besides smooth stone.