Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
lightningtiger88

1001 Small Suggestions: Community Brainstorming~!

39 posts in this topic

Remove rotten flesh and just make zombie drop random ingots/tools or badly rotten food. Or maybe yarn. Or maybe all of them(not all at once, just all of them be possible drops)

Make skeletons not immune to piercing damage. It makes no sense. I mean, unless I have extremely bad luck, how is it possible that the arrow/javelin misses every bone in the skeleton?

This right here is a fantastic suggestion. When the undead get moved underground I think the loot should be made more rare, more varied and more valuable. If we're talking about zombies... shouldn't they have once been people? Don't people carry stuff? Wouldn't they be carrying useful stuff from when they were a regular human? I'm aware that since zombies are fictional this is all just personal interpretation but I think it's certainly believable and would encourage players to engage in combat more often instead of sleeping all the excitement away, which is a good thing right? 

In regards to the piercing damage bit, ideally I would like to see blunt arrows and metal arrow heads etc like the stuff in my Archery Overhaul thread, but making them at least a TINY bit vulnerable to non crushing dmg wouldn't hurt.

EDIT: Thanks for the tip Kitty, I wasn't aware butchery and fishing were related, now that I think of it it makes sense.

In regards to the piercing damage bit, ideally I would like to see blunt arrows and metal arrow heads etc like the stuff in my Archery Overhaul thread, but making them at least a TINY bit vulnerable to non crushing dmg wouldn't hurt.

The only damage type that skeletons are invulnerable to is piercing. While crushing does more damage because the skeleton is weak to it, slashing damage still does a good deal of hurt to skeletons. So that is already a "non crushing damage" that you can still use to relatively quickly kill a skeleton.

They do not, and never have. You've always had to fill the keg completely. Powder kegs don't work in 79 right now anyways.

Really? I'm sure I detonated a powder keg with 4 stacks of gunpowder when I was testing....

And I still think that piercing should do at least some damage to skeletons. Being unable to use ranged attacks at a ranged mob is annoying, and sometimes deadly.

Also, if a skeleton is in water, it becomes pretty much unbeatable....

Really? I'm sure I detonated a powder keg with 4 stacks of gunpowder when I was testing....

And I still think that piercing should do at least some damage to skeletons. Being unable to use ranged attacks at a ranged mob is annoying, and sometimes deadly.

Also, if a skeleton is in water, it becomes pretty much unbeatable....

We had this argument in a thread I made a while ago. Despite my arguing that skeletons were basically the only mob you'd even want to spend time using a ranged weapon on, damage was left the way it was

Also unless powder kegs were disabled in a recent version (like 79.6 or later) they do work. I tried it a few times on the server when we were setting it up

edit: just tested it

Posted Image

it works

Re-implement Whiskey, Rye Whiskey, Sake, Vodka, Beer, and Cider and allocate specific buffs to each soporific.

These are just my thoughts on the possible allocations: Sake-Water Breathing, Vodka-Resist Frost (for the future temperature mechanic), Whiskey-Resist Fire, Rye Whiskey-Strength, Cider-Jump Boost, Beer-Resistance, Rum-Speed. Those just felt the most fitting to me. 

Shields , hand written (waypoints) maps , reinfoced thatch with logs , steam power , more chemistry type things expanded out of smelting .

Hey guys, I've noticed that the suggestions here aren't in line with the rules I put above. There are a lot of suggestions here that are far too complex for this thread and should be on their own threads. This suggestion thread is specifically for small tweaks and basic additions to mechanics, not entirely new tech trees or major modifications to any system. 

Please, keep to the spirit of the thread. There are plenty of other threads where you can talk about big overhauls and completely different implementations. Ideally, this thread should only consist of uses for useless items in the game or adding additional functionality to an existing crafting system. Steam power and a chemistry system are not simple ideas, nor are new tools, as each of these involves several processes. If you want to push your own bigger suggestions, please don't do it here. This is a thread for small ideas.

Give snowballs a de-buff affect, like blinding or slowness for a very brief period of time, given the fact that someone was just thumped with a clump of snow.

Shields , hand written (waypoints) maps , reinfoced thatch with logs , steam power , more chemistry type things expanded out of smelting .

Edited and removed to a new post.

Edited by Powerman913717

I'd love to see 2 new stages added to crops. Over ripe and rotten. Basically harvesting in over ripe stage the food would drop with random amount of rot, say 10-30%. Rotten, the plant would only drop seeds. I think this would balance the various climates of the game a little by requiring those in warm areas to harvest crops when ready and not being able to cheat decay a bit. Yes warm means faster decay anyways, but you also can get more harvests in.

Throwable stones, slight crushing damage, tossed like snowballs. A little bit more fair than trying to whoop on skeletons with a hand hammer.

I had an idea for this, either knap a cross through a stone to break it into 4 small throw-able stones per stone, or knap the corners off of a single stone. The latter is a bit tedious, but given that it's the stone age, and probably the only crush damage throw-able that makes some sense, it seems a fair trade for the idea.

What about slings? Those were neolithic weapons made from some rope that flung stones really far. 

Not sure if this counts as a new material or not, but I would like to see firepits and forges accumulate soot on adjacent blocks (1-2 bocks away, with air between them and the air block above the forge/firepit). It would be really cool if the soot was like creosote and could cause fires to start without being maintained.  

It also occurs to me that if we could harvest the wood tar creosote, we could use it to preserve food in some way. I read in a wiki article that its used to preserve meat...

Unfortunately as lightningtiger88, too many of these posts are way too complicated. The whole concept of this topic actually also breaks one of the big rules for posting in this forum: Start a new thread for each suggestion.

So with that, I unfortunately must lock this topic.