Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
zem

Program for world-overview?

13 posts in this topic

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a program that can render TFC worlds. Like how big is the ocean and where are huge land masses etc.

For vanilla MC i used AMIDST, but i assume it will not render TFC worlds, right?

My current world has HUGE oceans, and i like that, but i want to reduce my travel time a bit by knowing which direction I should be heading. boating for 30min isn't really that much fun :)

cheers

Zem

Never done anything with rendering but you could enable cheats in your world and set the game mode to creative to fly around to quickly scope out the area.  Adding a mod like Map Writer could then make a map of whatever areas you explore

well, thats not really an option. mapping oceans several thousand blocks long and wide will still take hours in creative. And survival boat speed isn't actually that much slower then creative flying.

I want to generate a huge map of my world.

I think i've seen Bioxx post such maps when he was showing new features of the new land generation.

Have you actually tried AMIDST with TFC?  I don't know that there's enough different with the world files that it couldn't at least generate a map for you.  It may not be able to pick out all the individual features the way it can with vanilla but it still might be able to at least give you a map of the terrain.  The AMIDST forum post says it works with "different versions of Minecraft"....I don't know if that literally means different versions or if they mean different mods, such as TFC.  You could also try one of these

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Programs_and_editors/Mapping

As far as I can tell, they don't work. AMIDST prompts me what type of world i want to create. Normal, superflat etc. It doesn't know how to generate TFC terrain :(

With my TFC seed it generates the corresponding vanilla world, of course.

Thanks Kitty!

Took some time, but after wraping my head around some explanations on the Dynmap page, I kind of got it to connect.

These Explanations are clearly not written for people with no experience in programing or such things.

Tried to render my world at y:160 but I can't figure out how. Standard setting is y:64 and all I can see is the bottom of one ravine

If someone could help me out here, I'd be thankful :D

Zahlfire,   Did you do anything else to get your world to not be black? I am able to connect to my world, see where I am and my spawn (which are correct in respect to the coordinates) but everything is still black. I tried the DynmapModScraper tool and tried the files it created, and the files you posted but I still get the same problem, all black. Did you have to change any other config files or anything?

Edit: I didn't realize I had to run the "/dynmap full render" from ingame... its now populating the map.

hey thanks for the posts guys. took me a sec. but with the knowledge you guys left i was able to get the dynmap up for my ssp map gong. ^_^

i do still have one question. i used the "/dynmap fullrender" command, but only 2 chunks have show up. and i know for  fact that i have traveled well over 500 blocks from my home befroe. do i need to retravel them for them to load?

I'd suggest just using journeymap. There is a way to fill in the map based on all the chunks you have generated. I also believe there is an Addon that adds other functionality. If you are wanting to avoid an in game minimap in game you can fully configure it.

yeah i had since learned this. lol i have also replaced my Rei's minimap as well with the journey map. :P