Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Skavaro

[Solved] 0% iron bloom to full ingnot

8 posts in this topic

Version #: 79.7

SSP

Suggested Name: 0% iron bloom to full ingnot

Suggested Category: Minor

Description: I did the following thing 7 times, each time the bug was 100% reproducible.

• Melt 24 Limonite (25 units) ore with 32 charcoal in the bloomery - you get a 600% iron bloom.
  • Refine the iron bloom and split it - after splitting you get 6 times 100% and 1 time 0%, this is where the bug occurs first.
  • the 6 100% can be normally processed. the 0% bloom does vanish if it is molten in the crucible, if it is molten in the forge it fills an entire clay vassle with wrought iron. which behaves totally normal (cooling, stacking, can be added to the crucible now counting as 100 units).
  • This procedure gives 7 wrought iron ingnots out of a 600% bloom made from 24 ore.

Have you deleted your config files and are still able to reproduce this bug?: No

Do you have any mods other than Forge and TFC installed?: Yes

If yes, which mods? a world map, NEI and compatibility plugin

I was able to reproduce this with TFC 0.79.7, Forge 1217, without any additional mods.

I didn't even know you could melt them into a mold with the forge, I always assumed you HAD to use the anvil to shape it ;)

i usually work them on the anvil as well since melting them takes a lot of time and coal, also you need bellows which i usually do not have. i cheated one to try out if the 0% bloom was accually 1 unit of iron since there used to be a bug where you could pour metal into a crucible and let it out again to gain 1 single unit more than you started with. Or somehow similar i think... anyway i wanted to see if i also have 1 unit too much and then stumbled over that bug :D

This bug still happens in 79.8, I haven't tested the 0% bloom issue but I had a bunch of 40% bloom that gave me 1 full ingot each when put in the forge.

The 0% bloom issue has been fixed, however, you are able to melt down a 40% bloom in the forge into a 100% filled ceramic mold.

@mods: should we continue this thread or create an 'official' bug report for this?

The smith in my faction has found the same bug over and over again, we could abuse the bug the way it works but we have tossing the 0% bloom. We are playing in 79.7 for the record.

Yeah that is what I will be doing for now, just not abusing the 40% blooms. Have to practice self-control such as being an op on the server and not using creative mode ;)

The 0% bloom issue has been fixed, however, you are able to melt down a 40% bloom in the forge into a 100% filled ceramic mold.

@mods: should we continue this thread or create an 'official' bug report for this?

New report please. :)