Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Ace5

[Solved] I don't understand the mortar recipe

8 posts in this topic

Limewater is now only crafted in a barrel. Ratio is 2 flux to each bucket of water.
Mortar is now only crafted in a barrel. Ratio is 1 Sand to each bucket of lime water gives 1 mortar. Must be sealed for at least 8 hours to complete.

I'm not sure how to do this. Could someone quickly explain? I'm sure this is something I'm just not getting.

Easy. for Limewater, fill a bucket with water, then add flux into the gui slot. there's only one there when you add liquid, but you will probably need a good amount. (Think it's 24 for a full barrel, not sure.)I don't think the mortar one is actually the case. as I recall. You craft a single sand block, over a piece of flux, and a water bucket below. need the 3x3 crafting grid though.

Easy. for Limewater, fill a bucket with water, then add flux into the gui slot. there's only one there when you add liquid, but you will probably need a good amount. (Think it's 24 for a full barrel, not sure.)I don't think the mortar one is actually the case. as I recall. You craft a single sand block, over a piece of flux, and a water bucket below. need the 3x3 crafting grid though.

It was changed in 79.7 update so you can't make mortar like that anymore. I think I may have figured it out, I'll have to do some testing first.

EDIT: I figured it out. You make the limewater then place the sand in the liquid slot. I knew it was something stupid that I missed. Bloody hell, that's a huge nerf to mortar though. Gone are the times where you can make 8 stacks in a few minutes.

It was changed in 79.7 update so you can't make mortar like that anymore. I think I may have figured it out, I'll have to do some testing first.

EDIT: I figured it out. You make the limewater then place the sand in the liquid slot. I knew it was something stupid that I missed. Bloody hell, that's a huge nerf to mortar though. Gone are the times where you can make 8 stacks in a few minutes.

Have you seen how much you get from a full barrel? Pretty sure I won't need any for a very long time.  I removed several stacks and barely drained the barrel. I prefer the new method. No making 16 at a time with a single bucket of water.

Have you seen how much you get from a full barrel? Pretty sure I won't need any for a very long time.  I removed several stacks and barely drained the barrel. I prefer the new method. No making 16 at a time with a single bucket of water.

Oh! It's 16 per bucket, I thought 16 per barrel. I was about to make 8 barrels.

i'm hoping the wiki can be updated too, i keep going there to see the recipee, but its outdated

The wiki is slowly getting updated. Kitty does nearly all the updating. The devs want an accurate wiki with quality information. They are picky about who they allow to edit it due to the misinformation, honest mistakes and misunderstandings like those seen in this thread, that was rampant before. I've been playing quite a lot again since build 78 and only now beginning to feel I have a good enough grasp to start trying to contribute. And that is only for a few parts of game.