Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Ace5

Not a TFC bug, help with compatibility

9 posts in this topic

post-14934-0-49238100-1413607181_thumb.j

Just looking for some help around this issue. I was making this in a test world as I was designing a forge and this happened and the game crashed. I couldn't enter the world without using removing the forge with world edit. I removed all the mods and cfg files and now the world doesn't open which means I can't simply use the same method in my survival world. I don't have particles enabled and I'm guessing those are smoke particles due to the shape.

Does anyone know what I could do?

Here's my mods folder.

Posted Image

It is smoke, and it's not to do with particle effects as mine are on (helpful to see when a charcoal pit has finished) and I get the same smoke. I have a chimney 1 block to the side of my forge and the smoke starts in that, and not straight above the forge, maybe that will help?

As far as I can tell it only happens when working with Blooms.

It is smoke, and it's not to do with particle effects as mine are on (helpful to see when a charcoal pit has finished) and I get the same smoke. I have a chimney 1 block to the side of my forge and the smoke starts in that, and not straight above the forge, maybe that will help?

As far as I can tell it only happens when working with Blooms.

But It doesn't happened unless I have mods installed. I put 2 blocks above the area and now it's just to the front of it which makes it looks bad and difficult to use.

You have SO MANy mods that it's difficult to tell. You might need to take them all out and start adding them one by one to see wich one causes the issue

You have SO MANy mods that it's difficult to tell. You might need to take them all out and start adding them one by one to see wich one causes the issue

I removed everything except open blocks and the problem occured so that's my guess. I can't get back into my survival world without the mod installed.

I hope you made backups at each stage above of anything you need to preserve.  TFC seems mostly to be designed as a stand-alone mod, not completely unlike Better Than Wolves.  TFC worldgen is *vastly* different from vanilla, even changing sea level by about double the y value and preventing all vanilla ores (and many mod ores) from generating.

In general, it stands to be far more compatible with other mods than BTW for a variety of reasons.  That said, all attempts at combining TFC should be considered extremely experimental, and tested by adding each mod one at a time.  After a single mod doesn't crash, you'll need to verify playability by looking at recipes, availability of items, and whether the Nether is required.

You mention a survival world in the OP; are you saying you played a world but later applied TFC?  Are you saying you played for a bit in TFC, got the crash, then duplicated the crash in a test world?

Also, you mentioned world edit; did you get the same crash without bukkit?  Bukkit and TFC don't always play nicely.

I hope you made backups at each stage above of anything you need to preserve.  TFC seems mostly to be designed as a stand-alone mod, not completely unlike Better Than Wolves.  TFC worldgen is *vastly* different from vanilla, even changing sea level by about double the y value and preventing all vanilla ores (and many mod ores) from generating.

In general, it stands to be far more compatible with other mods than BTW for a variety of reasons.  That said, all attempts at combining TFC should be considered extremely experimental, and tested by adding each mod one at a time.  After a single mod doesn't crash, you'll need to verify playability by looking at recipes, availability of items, and whether the Nether is required.

You mention a survival world in the OP; are you saying you played a world but later applied TFC?  Are you saying you played for a bit in TFC, got the crash, then duplicated the crash in a test world?

Also, you mentioned world edit; did you get the same crash without bukkit?  Bukkit and TFC don't always play nicely.

I've played several worlds with pretty much the exact same mod list and only this build has given me this strange bug. The world was always TFC with the mods installed. There's no crashing while playing, it only crashes when I remove some mods then try to jump back into the world. I used world edit just to remove the forge when my creative world was crashing.

I think this may have something to do with TFC, the shape isn't random and openblocks is bringing something out of it. Not sure why, openblocks items are mostly self contained.

Did you turn on smoke blocks in the TFC config?

Did you turn on smoke blocks in the TFC config?

Omg, I'm so stupid. Yes I did. I changed it to false, haven't tested it but it sounds like it should fix things. Thanks a lot, Kittychanley!