Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Terex

Thanks for new fixes and tweaks!

12 posts in this topic

Thanks for listening to the community. :) Among others, these are my favourites of b79.8:

• Reduced Hardness of all Smooth Stone and Stone Brick Blocks
  • Can now cut decay from items as long as there is a knife in your inventory by adding a single piece of food to the crafting grid. It will scan your inventory for a knife and damage it. This facilitates the altered process for the D key trim. It now uses this no-knife recipe. This should hopefully get rid of the knife dupe.
  • You can now drink by right clicking any fresh water. Removed feet drinking.
  • Rewrote Detailed Block Rendering. Performance should be a lot better. Also fixes odd lighting issues that have been around since forever. Should also fix the Detailed block crash that affects some people with too many detailed blocks in a chunk. Big thanks to Fuami for rewriting this!
  • Tweaked fallingblock code to be provide more consistency. Caveins cannot be prevented by placing planks above your head -_-
  • Tweaked nutrition calculations once again.

• Fixed, water plants were not being generated in 1 block deep water. Also fixes the Cattail render problem.
  • Fixed breaking animation for barrels & vessel with fluids in them.
  • Metal trap doors are now a proper charcoal pit cover.
  • Corrected temperatures. Temperature starts raising at 6:00, starts decreasing at 18:00

- You can now drink by right clicking any fresh water. Removed feet drinking.

Wow, sounds awesome, can't wait to get home and download. A personal thank you is in order in regards to the mining time. I truly appreciate it.

I was first introduced to TFC from watching arkas play it for his first time. I was immediately impressed with all rustic and beautiful building materials in both wood and stone. Once I saw the versatility of the plank (now called lumber) item and the wonder that is the chisel mechanic I immediately downloaded the mod and soon learned to love other things like the metal-working system which really is a work of art. I'm glad that you developers aren't ignoring the building side of this game, combined with the excellent survival aspects it's really a great balance between easy enough to be fun but hard enough to be rewarding.

Thanks for listening to the community. :) Among others, these are my favourites of b79.8:

• Reduced Hardness of all Smooth Stone and Stone Brick Blocks
  • You can now drink by right clicking any fresh water. Removed feet drinking.
  • Rewrote Detailed Block Rendering. Performance should be a lot better. Also fixes odd lighting issues that have been around since forever. Should also fix the Detailed block crash that affects some people with too many detailed blocks in a chunk. Big thanks to Fuami for rewriting this!

Thank you so much for this. now can we have cobblestone hardness reduced as well? It makes no sense that cobble is harder than the raw stone.

I am not a fan of the cave in change because I feel that cave ins are already past ridiculous in their current state.

I am not a fan of the cave in change because I feel that cave ins are already past ridiculous in their current state.

If you refer to the increased chance of a cave in, you do know that you can change it to whatever you like in the Config, right?

If you refer to the increased chance of a cave in, you do know that you can change it to whatever you like in the Config, right?

only relevant if you're not playing on someone else's server which i am

I don't think anyone has really mentioned this, but I really love the new chests. Just being able to put chests next to each other without having to deal with trapped chests is great, and the variety helps you keep things organized without item frames or signs.

Thanks!

Looking at the github commit log, I saw a commit that adds familiarity indicators to animals. Thank you SO MUCH for this. Familiarity in 79.8 is such a black box right now, and adding a rough indicator like this is a huge help.

That would be nice. I have gotten to the point I think my sheep are glitched out xD

Awesome to see another update to 79.9. 

• [*]Added familiarity indicator to animals. Sneak to see it. It will have a white border if the familiarity will no longer decay. It will turn gold when familiarity is maxed out.

I can't get this to show up though. Where on the screen is the indicator supposed to be? 

Awesome to see another update to 79.9. 

[*]Added familiarity indicator to animals. Sneak to see it. It will have a white border if the familiarity will no longer decay. It will turn gold when familiarity is maxed out.

I can't get this to show up though. Where on the screen is the indicator supposed to be? 

Right above the animals head. Dunk has pictures on his twitter

https://twitter.com/TFC_Dunk/status/524642101439766528

Posted Image

Note that you have to be looking directly at the animal to see its familiarity indicator, as well as be fairly close to it.