Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vlad

How do you make leather?

7 posts in this topic

So first I put my hide into a barrel of limewater, so I got a soaked hide, now if I understand correctly I need to use the knife to make scraped hide, but it won't work.

I'm also using the NEI TFC mod, and the knife + soaked hide if not in the recipes at all.. Is that a bug? Am I missing something?

You need to put down any horizontal log, then place the soaked hide ontop of it. Take a knife in your hand and scrape all the squares off.

PS: On our server nobody wants to do that part so we have bunches of soaked hides and whenever someone needs leather they do just a few pieces.

You must place a log sideways (so the bark is facing upwards), then right-click while holding the soaked hide to place it on the "leather rack". Take your knife and right-click all over the hide to scrape it. Then place in barrel/vessel of fresh water to rinse it off.

I too had no clue, even from the release notes. But i know it now. Do the following:

- Grab a log or chop down a tree to get one.

- With log in hand, place it down against a wall so that it lies horizontally

- Place the soaked hide on top of it and with the knife in hand, scrape it until it has changed texture uniformly

- Take the scraped hide and seal in a water barrel

- Also place a log in another water barrel to make Tannin. Note: not all wood-types work! Douglas fir, oak, chestnut are amongst those that produce tannin.

- When the prepared hide is ready, seal that in the tannin barrel

- After that you will have leather

Thanks for the info, gonna try it next time.

Where did you get that info? Since it's nor in the wiki nor the change log.

Thanks for the info, gonna try it next time.

Where did you get that info? Since it's nor in the wiki nor the change log.

I see it just fine in the change log:

[*]Added Leather Rack. Right click on the top a horizontal placed log with a soaked hide. Then right click on all of the spots on the hide with a knife to scrape the pieces off. Scraping the last piece off will give the scraped hide.

[*]Tannin can now only be made with a full (10 bucket) barrel of water and a single Oak, Birch, Chestnut, Douglas Fir, Hickory, Maple, or Sequoia log.

Never mind, I was checking the archive instead.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0