Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ja99edMan

Recycling!

12 posts in this topic

I was reading Omnirach's thread about melting anvils to get some metal back and it made me think. We should be able to recycle things we don't use for materials that we may need. Maybe we should be able to make a recycling table that is powered by coal. You put in the imput slot lets say..... a plank of some sort and let the machine do its thing and out comes 3 sticks! Put a ingot x2 in and get 1-2 ingots back! Or maybe you want to recycle a tool. In this case you have to detach the head of the tool from the shaft. Put the head in the input slot and there will be tool slots to put ceramic molds in to catch the liquidfied head of the tool into an unshaped metal (may not be the whole metal do to loss durability of the head). This is just a thought I had. Feel free to use my idea in anyway you like, or not use my idea at all :P.

I imagine the GUI like this...

[1]

[2]-------[5]----[6][7] {Temp. Gauge)

[3]----[10][11]---[8][9]

[4]

1-4 is the tool slots

5 is the input slot

6-9 is the coal/charcoal slots (9 used up first, then 8, then 7, last 6)

10&11 is the output slots

Feel free to comment!

With how dynamic the molds are it would be simple to just have you get a percent of what it took to make the tool divided by how much durability is left.

Say you have a pick that is half broken and you toss it in the bloomery and get 40% of a mold full.

..... I was going to say something more but then I though it would be very bad if he actually implimented it so I am not going to say to reduce the chance of it happening.

I'm pretty sure either/both Dunk or/and Bioxx said no to recycling a long while ago... So yeah ._.

I'm pretty sure either/both Dunk or/and Bioxx said no to recycling a long while ago... So yeah ._.

Seems odd for a mod pushing realism over Minecraft's vanilla experience to randomly decide against it. What benefit does it bring to not be able to recover ingots? I understand the desire for realism as well as difficulty, so make it a poor retrieval rate, but why none at all?

DERP ALERT, DERP ALERT.

basically summarized pyro, it is not about realism, its about believability, mentioning the R word will garner some dislike out here, instead of thinking: how can it be like IRL, make it: how can it seem possible within a fantasy world, without becoming abstract (like in vanilla minecraft, where you could finish the game within an hour or 2, at lowest getting diamond near instant.

DERP ALERT, DERP ALERT.

basically summarized pyro, it is not about realism, its about believability, mentioning the R word will garner some dislike out here, instead of thinking: how can it be like IRL, make it: how can it seem possible within a fantasy world, without becoming abstract (like in vanilla minecraft, where you could finish the game within an hour or 2, at lowest getting diamond near instant.

Alright, but you didn't address any of the core issues at hand in this thread, you just came here to call me a moron. Even if we're talking about believability, why would it make sense that you can't smelt the head of a tool down to an ingot? I'd find the concept to be very believable and in line with Terrafirmacraft's overall feel - as far as believability goes, I can't believe it's impossible to smelt a metal tool back down to metal.

i didnt come here to call you a moron, i came here to call you on your usage of the word Realism :D sorry of anything made you feel bad or trolled :(

as for the threads topic: i do think its perfectly normal to be able to resmelt metal, but it should be in a quite low quantity: if you smelt something, you're gonna have impurities in the ore and it will be bad, hence why we cant reuse everything infinitely, eventually the material itself will just die out.

to simulate this in TFC, one could get a maximum of 10% useable ore from a perfect pickaxe back, or even less (no less than 5% IMO)

What happens when you melt an anvil in a bloomery, anyways? How many moods does it fill up?

I disagree with the pick smelting thing, what about the handle? And why would you want to melt your pickaxe anyways?

what about the handle?

And what would you like to know about the wooden object that was just placed in that high temp. fire?

Where did its ashes go?

same place the ashes of logs go when you use them in a firepit, they poof into nonexistance

What happens when you melt an anvil in a bloomery, anyways? How many moods does it fill up?

I disagree with the pick smelting thing, what about the handle? And why would you want to melt your pickaxe anyways?

Right now the bloomery won't accept anvils. It just won't even try to melt 'em, so they don't fill any mold :

And you would want to melt a low durability pick to get the metal from it and use it for making a brand new pick, so they get more ues for smaller amounts of metal. That's what people mean in this forum when they say "reclycling", generally.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0