Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mac4s

Graphite

13 posts in this topic

World generated on build 79.6, now playing in 79.8. So anyone have found graphite? Or im beeing unlucky.

accually with exactly those builds i have been able to find graphite for the first time withouth cheating :D. i stumbled over it in two different locations withouth looking for it. go check on the wiki if you are searching in the right stone types. if i am not mistaken this build also added graphite spawning to 2 additional stone types which should make it easier to find compared to the previous builds.

wiki page: http://wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/Ores_%26_Minerals

2 bismuth bronze prospectors pick's are broken after search at quartize stone, but if you had found it, so this is imposible, ty. Gonna go and brake some more prospectors picks :D

In the seeds section of this forum is a seed that says kaolite and graphite near spawn for 79.6 so I guess you're not having luck.

Have you tried the seed mentioned? There's no Graphite there... I tried it because I wanted to know what a) block ID it was B) where it really spawned and looked like?

I then tried about 20 or so new worlds and am as yet to find Graphite. I have noticed that surface Metamorphic stone is also quite rare, so you're going to have to go digging I guess. I've currently covered a 5000 area around my base in my SMP and haven't found it. I'm now drilling pilot holes every 500 or so and finally found a use for all those branches, ladders.

I have graphite in my world... so it does generate. Though I have to say, my continent is Gabbro on the top layer as far as the eye can see.

Just a bit more of a pain to look for it since rock layers are bigger then they used to be, but I've been able to find it as well

Update: I fell into a crevasse in the bottom was a tunnel which led to Metamorphic (Schist I think) stone, only a short way into the tunnel I found "Traces of Graphite". I followed it deeper and 3 or 4 blocks into the wall at the middle of the Very Large readings I found graphite, lots and lots of graphite. I can't remember when I generated the world, I think it was .3 and currently running .8. 

You have to go looking, it's not going to be obviously in your face any more. Next challenge is Gabbro  :wacko:

In my 79.1 world, after searching several thousand blocks in each direction around my base, finally found some marble. I've since then dug probably 2 km worth of tunnels in all directions and not so much as a hint of the stuff anywhere :( Found more tetrahedtrite than I know what to do with, though, so it's not a complete waste of time, but I can't help but feel a bit sad being stuck at this point in the tech tree for over a week now.

I'm sure it's out there somewhere, but goddess, the game is not letting me have any of it.

In my 79.1 world, after searching several thousand blocks in each direction around my base, finally found some marble. I've since then dug probably 2 km worth of tunnels in all directions and not so much as a hint of the stuff anywhere :( Found more tetrahedtrite than I know what to do with, though, so it's not a complete waste of time, but I can't help but feel a bit sad being stuck at this point in the tech tree for over a week now.

I'm sure it's out there somewhere, but goddess, the game is not letting me have any of it.

Heaven knows that some worlds just don't want to make it easy but I can offer some advice that might speed things up. The fastest way to find graphite (that I know of) is to search for a region that has the right rock type and is also a mountain range. I have never come across a mountain range of a graphite bearing rock without finding graphite in it within 30 minutes of exploring the mountains. Either a piece will be exposed, sometimes many pieces or if that fails, constant prospecting will yield a result somewhere on a cliff face. Hope this helps everyone.

I have a single player world started in 79.4 that hasn't found graphite in over 2 years of searching for it.

Thinking I'll probably add a recipe to convert coal to graphite*. It's cool that TFC has a strong exploration focus, but I've got my limits for when something stops being fun, and becomes mindless work.

*(It sort of makes sense, you know, other than the ridiculous heat that conversion requires, Thinking I might make it a % chance to drop from lignite/bc instead, since those deposits seems to generate normally.)

Graphite is notoriously difficult to find..although not as hard as sylvite to find.

I've found it both by accident and when looking for it, and almost every time in marble, although I'm sure the ravine I fell into last night by accident had graphite in one of the walls, and that wasn't graphite.. more interested in getting out and avoiding the mobs that actually finding out what.

As with my inability to find Rocksalt on one particular world until I gave up and then found it when returning home (still some 5000 blocks from my base), just keep looking in the right rocks and eventually you should find it..

I've never ever seen sylvite, but you can still continue to play without ever finding it. Graphite is a requirement to move out of the bronze/iron age to end game. Same with rocksalt, if you find it, GREAT! but you can survive without it.

That's why people complain about the scarcity of it.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0