Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Vlad

Donkeys

34 posts in this topic

I have 3 donkeys which I tamed, could ride them all, but now something happen and one of them "the animal won't let you do that" when trying to ride it.

I can access his chest no problem, but I can't feed him. What can that be?

My only guess is I remember feeding this 3 to breed and he is the second male that left out, could that messed up some stuff maybe?

If an animal's familiarity isn't high enough and you stop feeding it, it will decay. This is likely what happened. When you shift click on the donkey with grain in your hand, nothing happens? It doesn't eat it?

Exactly, I thought that at first too, but it won't eat anything, I can use it's chest and all, only riding it is disabled.

New thing I noticed: every time I come into the game it wears a new saddle, I remove it, but then the next game it has a new one..

Ah thats why I have an extra saddle. This seems simmilar to a problem im having where i cant feed my animals even for breeding,Ive been told its because they eat the grass and become full so cant eat your grain. .79.9 has something that fixes this or something havent tryed it though.

Same thing happen to me again. Got 4 horses, familiarized them all, choose one I like, the next day I can't ride it anymore, and it has that saddle multiplication bug.

I suggest you make a proper bug report in the support forum on this one ...

The reporting process it too complex for me, plus they require a way to reproduce it which I can't.

The reporting process it too complex for me, plus they require a way to reproduce it which I can't.

Still, since you don't seem to be the only one experiencing this, it clearly is a bug, and the support forum is where those are collected together for the devs and where they are properly acknowlegded by them.As for the bug report template - it really is not that complicated.Give them some version numbers and just answer the reproducing part with "no" and be done with it :)

Still, since you don't seem to be the only one experiencing this, it clearly is a bug, and the support forum is where those are collected together for the devs and where they are properly acknowlegded by them.As for the bug report template - it really is not that complicated.Give them some version numbers and just answer the reproducing part with "no" and be done with it :)

Sure but after reading the "if you write no here expect you thread to be closed" I see no point..

Sure but after reading the "if you write no here expect you thread to be closed" I see no point..

Frankly, I have never seen a bug report closed just because one was unable to reproduce, if otherwise the proper template was used.In your case it is very understandable if you cannot reproduce, because it would need a considerable amount of time doing that (familiarize, wait few days, try to ride etc.), so I think a "no" is a valid answer here.Yeah, I know, Kitty is quick about closing threads, but in 99% of all cases it's just because the original posts don't contain enough information for the devs to work with, or in other words: didn't use the template and often didn't even contain the TFC version the bug occured.Don't be discouraged so easily, Kitty won't bite ;)

I'm sorry, but where does it say I will close your thread if you answer no? The exact quote from the template is:

Have you deleted your config files and are still able to reproduce this bug?: Yes-No*If you answered no to the above question, delete your config files and try to reproduce the bug. This question is here because many bugs are caused by mistakes in config files. All bug reports should have an answer of "Yes" to this question.

The whole point of this question is to make sure that you deleted your config files, because before this part was added to the template, there were a bunch of bug reports that were solved simply by me telling the person to delete their config files. That was a waste of my time, and happened commonly enough that I added the question to the template.

If you ever come across a weird bug, the very first thing you should do is delete your config files. Then you can go back to playing normally, and if you ever come across the bug again, and you haven't edited your config files since you deleted them, then you can make the report with an answer of "Yes." You can also answer yes to the question if you delete your config files every single time you update, and don't edit your config files after you updated.

You can also answer yes to the question if you delete your config files every single time you update, and don't edit your config files after you updated.

About that - I think it might help a lot, if you'd add this information directly on the download page in big red fat letters, preferably directly above the download link, e.g. "Please delete your config files when updating! (Don't worry, new ones will automatically created when starting the game)", maybe with a hint to remember any changes made to the config.I think, with that you won't need this question anymore on the template ...Sorry for off-topic ;)

I'm sorry, but where does it say I will close your thread if you answer no? The exact quote from the template is:

Have you deleted your config files and are still able to reproduce this bug?: Yes-No*If you answered no to the above question, delete your config files and try to reproduce the bug. This question is here because many bugs are caused by mistakes in config files. All bug reports should have an answer of "Yes" to this question.

The whole point of this question is to make sure that you deleted your config files, because before this part was added to the template, there were a bunch of bug reports that were solved simply by me telling the person to delete their config files. That was a waste of my time, and happened commonly enough that I added the question to the template.

If you ever come across a weird bug, the very first thing you should do is delete your config files. Then you can go back to playing normally, and if you ever come across the bug again, and you haven't edited your config files since you deleted them, then you can make the report with an answer of "Yes." You can also answer yes to the question if you delete your config files every single time you update, and don't edit your config files after you updated.

It's just that it states that you should answer "yes" here.. and since not following the template rules your thread is going to be closes => answering no is going to get it closed. Sorry if being too mathematical here.

Maybe you should split the question into two separate questions:

1) have you deleted the config?

2) can you reproduce the bug?

2++) [if you answered "yes" on the last two questions] can you reproduce the bug after you deleted the config?

Well as for your issue it sounds to me like a vanilla bug where an entity gets corrupted. If it is the chunk that the entity is in will continually get rolled back every time there is a restart, possibly when the chunk reloads. This would explain the results. The point where the rollback goes to the donkey was not framilliar enough, had just been fed and was wearing a saddle. Test by placing blocks around the donkeys and see if they vanish. Then to solve backup your world and start killing one donkey at a time, or any other entity In that chunk to see if that stops the rollback. Hopefully animals are separate or easy to identify.

It's just that it states that you should answer "yes" here.. and since not following the template rules your thread is going to be closes => answering no is going to get it closed. Sorry if being too mathematical here.

Maybe you should split the question into two separate questions:

1) have you deleted the config?

2) can you reproduce the bug?

2++) [if you answered "yes" on the last two questions] can you reproduce the bug after you deleted the config?

You're just over-analyzing things. Nowhere does it say "not following the template rules will result in closing your thread," because there really are no "template rules." All I say is to use the template. If you can find me the exact quote location where it says that answering no will result in your thread being locked, please let me know.

You're just over-analyzing things. Nowhere does it say "not following the template rules will result in closing your thread," because there really are no "template rules." All I say is to use the template. If you can find me the exact quote location where it says that answering no will result in your thread being locked, please let me know.

"5. For game crashes, follow the provided guide for including your report in the template. Crash reports should be given through either a pastebin.com link, or use of the spoiler tags. Spoiler tags can be applied by clicking on the Special BBCode button Posted Image that is to the left of the Font selector."

and

"Failure to do the above will result in the post being locked."

so failing to follow the template causes your post being locked, and following the template = answering "yes" in the reproduce question.

So... answering no = failing to follow the template = post locked

Have you clicked on the link for "provided guide" ? That's a guide for how to get your crash report... not a guide for how to fill out the template. The words you should have highlighted are "for including your report." Rule 5 only applies to this line of the template:

Pastebin.com link of the Crash Report:

4. Unless you have a basic question about how a mod feature works, use the template that is provided on the official bug list.

implies you have to use the template => "Failure to do the above will result in the post being locked"

why we have to be so specific, I know the thread probably won't get closed for a no answer [since my wasn't], but still it says what is says..

Using the template =/= Giving the expected answer to everything on the template.

I'm only being so specific because you're over-analyzing everything and are just trying to look for a reason for why you think the topic would be locked.

For example, here's a way you can use the template, that doesn't give the expected answers, but it doesn't break the rules, because you are using the template. A topic with this template would not be locked because it follows all of the rules.

Version #: 0.77.0 - Super old version of the mod! Not an expected answer.

SSP/SMP (Single/MultiPlayer): SSP

Suggested Name: I don't know - Not an expected answer

Suggested Category: Severe (When the bug is actually tiny and minor) - Not an expected answer.

Description: Blah blah some itty bitty render issue.

Have you deleted your config files and are still able to reproduce this bug?: No, I have deleted my config files, but haven't figured out how to reproduce the bug. I still think that the bug is caused by something other than the configs. - Not the expected answer, but still gives information

Do you have any mods other than Forge and TFC installed?: Yes

If yes, which mods?
Optifine

If you have Optifine or Cauldron installed, can you still reproduce the bug after uninstalling them? No, I think this bug might be Optifine specific. - Not the expected answer, but I'm not going to lock a thread for this, instead I would walk the person through confirming if it is indeed an Optifine bug or not.

Pastebin.com link of the Crash Report: I didn't crash

Edit: To be as clear as absolutely possible, here's why it follows each and every individual rule:

• I had to have read the official bug list in order to get the template, and it is not a duplicate bug report.
  • My bug does not have an answer on the change log.
  • My bug isn't already on the list.
  • The template has been used (even if not as expected)
  • The game didn't crash, so I don't need to provide a crash report
  • My issue hasn't been solved yet, so the title does not contain [solved]

Using the template =/= Giving the expected answer to everything on the template.

I'm only being so specific because you're over-analyzing everything and are just trying to look for a reason for why you think the topic would be locked.

For example, here's a way you can use the template, that doesn't give the expected answers, but it doesn't break the rules, because you are using the template. A topic with this template would not be locked because it follows all of the rules.

Edit: To be as clear as absolutely possible, here's why it follows each and every individual rule:

• I had to have read the official bug list in order to get the template, and it is not a duplicate bug report.
  • My bug does not have an answer on the change log.
  • My bug isn't already on the list.
  • The template has been used (even if not as expected)
  • The game didn't crash, so I don't need to provide a crash report
  • My issue hasn't been solved yet, so the title does not contain [solved]

Sorry, I have indeed over analyzed and made up some stuff.

in 79.10, check if the familiarity indicator has a white border when you look at your horses. If the border isn't white, it's possible for it to decay. If it is white, it should not decay.

in 79.10, check if the familiarity indicator has a white border when you look at your horses. If the border isn't white, it's possible for it to decay. If it is white, it should not decay.

It's all black, I will try feeding it again see what happen.

Still can access it's inventory and duplicate saddles though.

I really sounds like a corrupted chunk to me. Basically it can read, but can't save the chunk information. So whenever the chunk unloads it goes back to the last save it successfully did. Test it by altering other things in the chunk with the donkeys and then relogging. If it is corrupted any changes will revert.  If it is a corrupted chunk it may be possible to move the donkeys to an uncorrupted one, but it is also possible that one of the donkeys is corrupted and causing the chunk corruption, so all you would do it move the corruption to a new location.

I really sounds like a corrupted chunk to me. Basically it can read, but can't save the chunk information. So whenever the chunk unloads it goes back to the last save it successfully did. Test it by altering other things in the chunk with the donkeys and then relogging. If it is corrupted any changes will revert.  If it is a corrupted chunk it may be possible to move the donkeys to an uncorrupted one, but it is also possible that one of the donkeys is corrupted and causing the chunk corruption, so all you would do it move the corruption to a new location.

Why blame the chunk? I traveled all over the world and had the same problem, maybe it's a corrupted world..

You didn't understand my point or didn't read my full post.