Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Vlad

Donkeys

34 posts in this topic

You didn't understand my point or didn't read my full post.

I meant it's obviously not the chunk. And I pretty sure it's not magical corruption being transferred from animal to chunk..

Just messed up animal meta.

I meant it's obviously not the chunk. And I pretty sure it's not magical corruption being transferred from animal to chunk..

Just messed up animal meta.

The corruption is not "magical" and it does actually transfer from entities to chunks. If you don't believe us, go watch this, the chunk related mob corruption stuff starts at 24:52:

It is nice that Etho has video documentation of an issue I've seen a couple of times to show the know it alls.

I edited it out of my last response, but I'll put it back now. Vlad your behaviour on this forum, to admins and general users, is rude, condescending and obtuse. So I'm done trying to help you in anyway.

The corruption is not "magical" and it does actually transfer from entities to chunks. If you don't believe us, go watch this, the chunk related mob corruption stuff starts at 24:52:

I have no choice but to believe you, but why it happens still stay very magical on my side..

From my point of view the entity should have some data about that entity (hunger, speed etc.), and even when somehow this data gets corrupted, it can only cause some weird entity behavior but never something bigger like other entities or chunks and your computer.

Is it possible for it to happen? Of course! But that would require some really horrible/unnecessary programming, you could even make the entities hold an entire program, that is being run on your computer with admin rights, and when it gets corrupted you might end up with a virus.. But why on earth would you do that? Why not simply make the entity hold data about it's traits, and on failed reading throw exception/set default values..

I don't see how data in minecraft gets "corrupted" in the first place, but minecraft bugs always way a matter of weird behavior, like "changelog: feature - added fence, bug - axes now break instantly".

Guess it have to do with only one guy working on it in JAVA :/

It is nice that Etho has video documentation of an issue I've seen a couple of times to show the know it alls.I edited it out of my last response, but I'll put it back now. Vlad your behaviour on this forum, to admins and general users, is rude, condescending and obtuse. So I'm done trying to help you in anyway.

Appreciate all your help.

I'd like a quote where I went evil for self improvements please.

Update: managed to get the horse familiarity back to ride able state, but the duplicate saddle bug is still on.

I have no choice but to believe you, but why it happens still stay very magical on my side..From my point of view the entity should have some data about that entity (hunger, speed etc.), and even when somehow this data gets corrupted, it can only cause some weird entity behavior but never something bigger like other entities or chunks and your computer.Is it possible for it to happen? Of course! But that would require some really horrible/unnecessary programming, you could even make the entities hold an entire program, that is being run on your computer with admin rights, and when it gets corrupted you might end up with a virus.. But why on earth would you do that? Why not simply make the entity hold data about it's traits, and on failed reading throw exception/set default values..I don't see how data in minecraft gets "corrupted" in the first place, but minecraft bugs always way a matter of weird behavior, like "changelog: feature - added fence, bug - axes now break instantly".Guess it have to do with only one guy working on it in JAVA :/Appreciate all your help.I'd like a quote where I went evil for self improvements please.

You are just clearly demonstrating you have no understanding of this. No one said it would corrupt your computer and talk of virus is silly. So instead of implying we are talking out of our asses and you'll just "have to believe us" maybe realising others might know more than you. Especially Kitty, who from her role and post clearly understands Java programming and the TFC code very well. An entity is part of the data MC must save when unloading a chunk. If the entity is corrupted (ie some of its data is messed up in some way (a byte went wrong). When saving the chunk data it tries to save the entity information, but if the entity data is corrupted in a particular way it can cause the chunk save to abort. This means that MC falls back to the chunk data that was saved in last unload. It is rare for corrupt entity data to do this, but very possible. Worse is if it does manage to save the corrupt data as that can mean when the chunk reloads it can't use the saved data and has to regenerate the chunk based on seed as it has no other data it can use. There is a response not for you but for others reading who may not understand how this could work and are open minded and wish to learn. As for what I mean by your responses. This topic is a fine example and your second last post is no different.

An entity is part of the data MC must save when unloading a chunk. If the entity is corrupted (ie some of its data is messed up in some way (a byte went wrong). When saving the chunk data it tries to save the entity information, but if the entity data is corrupted in a particular way it can cause the chunk save to abort. This means that MC falls back to the chunk data that was saved in last unload. It is rare for corrupt entity data to do this, but very possible. Worse is if it does manage to save the corrupt data as that can mean when the chunk reloads it can't use the saved data and has to regenerate the chunk based on seed as it has no other data it can use. There is a response not for you but for others reading who may not understand how this could work and are open minded and wish to learn.

Thanks for the simple and interesting explanation, I didn't know that, but it perfectly makes sense :)Learning things like that helps a lot for how to deal with weird things happening like that!I know it's off-topic, but would you care to explain similarly how these bottomless chunk holes in the ground happen? Had a few of those nasty things in previous TFC versions ...

You are just clearly demonstrating you have no understanding of this. No one said it would corrupt your computer and talk of virus is silly. So instead of implying we are talking out of our asses and you'll just "have to believe us" maybe realising others might know more than you. Especially Kitty, who from her role and post clearly understands Java programming and the TFC code very well.An entity is part of the data MC must save when unloading a chunk. If the entity is corrupted (ie some of its data is messed up in some way (a byte went wrong). When saving the chunk data it tries to save the entity information, but if the entity data is corrupted in a particular way it can cause the chunk save to abort. This means that MC falls back to the chunk data that was saved in last unload. It is rare for corrupt entity data to do this, but very possible. Worse is if it does manage to save the corrupt data as that can mean when the chunk reloads it can't use the saved data and has to regenerate the chunk based on seed as it has no other data it can use. There is a response not for you but for others reading who may not understand how this could work and are open minded and wish to learn.As for what I mean by your responses. This topic is a fine example and your second last post is no different.

You completely ignored what I said and reserved to saying "you don't know stuff like programming so shut up", and explained some trivial irrelevant stuff.

It's not your fault, I may really have used some concepts that a simple mind like you could not understand, sorry about that.

But just for your information, I have B.S in computer science and over 5 year of experience in JAVA, C/C++ and other languages, so I do understand what I was talking about, and you can't impress me with kitty having JAVA experience..

About me being rude, this post is an example, but it is what you deserve.

Enough, the both of you. Bunsan explained exactly how the chunk corruption works, and it is not "trivial irrelevant stuff."

The fact of the matter is Vlad, that you come up with an opinion of how you think somethings works, and you become hostile when somebody provides information that might prove your opinion wrong. The fact that you have a BS in Comp Sci and over 5 years of experience means absolutely nothing if you are not familiar with the very basic mechanics of how Minecraft works regarding saving data. You may consider yourself an expert in those specific fields of study, but that does not mean that you are an expert in everything, especially with TFC.

I'm locking this topic.