Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thrainn

[Poll] Ceramic Bowls

Ceramic Bowls   81 members have voted

1. 1. Should we get ceramic bowls back after eating a prepared meal?

• No. Meals are meant to be expensive for balancing reasons and to not be able to spam the cooking skill! Besides, fired clay is high in fiber and good for Steve's digestion xD
    • Yes, it would remove the tedium to make new bowls every four meals and in addition is much more believable
    • Yes, for the above reasons, but there should be a chance for the bowls to break, much like the ceramic jugs
    • Yes, and furthermore there should be several tiers to bowls with different chances to brake (e.g. wooden - ceramic - metal bowls)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 posts in this topic

I created this poll based on THIS discussion thread about ceramic bowls; many interesting thoughts are there already, but I'd like to get a more statistic feedback. I would also appreciate, if some of the TFC staff offer their opinions too :)

Actually, i just don't make salads and aim for the quern for sandwiches instead hehe

Since sandwiches were fixed I never make salads anymore, although partly because they are so expensive.

I think something like 30-50% chance of breaking would be nice and would not make it too OP. On the other hand 4 meals can last quite a while so it's not as bad as you say. In my experience at least, but I play SSP only.

I concur, there should be a chance to recover a used salad bowl.

If the devs wanted to keep the same game balance as of right now:

The devs could basically change it so instead of producing 4 bowls being broken 100% of the time, you would produce 1 bowl broken on average 25% of the time

Obviously reducing the breakage chance reduces the bowl consumption and increasing it increases bowl consumption

Another thing...a salad can only contain 4 food groups, a sandwich can contain all 5. On that basis alone, salads are worse than sandwiches, so why make them so expensive? Unless they are just a stop gap, I've seen them described as "simple things to throw together"

But not larger by enough to warrant the cost. If you could make a 160oz salad, then sure, brilliant. I'd make them all the time, even with the cost of the bowl.

I will usually only make salads when I go on a trip as they take up less space than the equivalent amount of sandwiches.  I do think though that ceramic bowls should have an advantage over wooden ones assuming they get re added at some point.

If I go on a LONG trip I take a 160oz or 2 (cheese and meat) (16 salads) and eat what I forage along the way. No way I'd take something that took so much bag space.

Thanks everybody for your feedback!

That result is what I pretty much expected.

Now I only hope, this thread also finds the attention of the devs - surely such a change wouldn't be all too complicated or time consuming to code?

If you (the devs) still won't consider to change this, I'd very appreciate, if you could could at least tell us the reasons why :)

Multiple bowl types will be coming in a later build. This is not something that I plan to mess with for the time being. I'm perfectly happy with the way things function for now.

I'm curious. Since the build has been out for a while and it looks like we're stuck with single-use ceramic bowls for now, do people actually make salads? I found it's too much of a pain to fire the clay and everything, but am I just being lazy and missing out on a good food source? I really just put all my ingredients into sandwiches now.

Not since the potion effects were removed from salads... i miss haste and double jump...

I still make salads very often. I choose them when I have to make a long travel. This way the food lasts more. Or I simply use them when I am busy and I have no time for food preparation, so I just make 4 salads that last like 8 sandwiches.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0