Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
DarkLadyPhoenix

Is glass too tedious?

19 posts in this topic

I ventured out to the desert and picked up two stacks of sand hoping to get some glass for the signs on my storage rooms.

Two hours later I realized I still had not gone through a single stack of sand and that I was watching TV so I could inactively play minecraft while cooking glass.

There is a fine line between realism and tediousness and I think making glass is it. Is there any way this system could be improved on? Maybe keep the same time but make 3 glass blocks so it doesn't take forever to make a small stack?

Glass does take a long time to make in game now. I go fishin when makin glass....catch food while i throw sand in from time to time

I think it would be cool to be able to put sand in the bloomery and take molten glass out with molds. This could then be left to cool and removed from the mold to make a glass pane.

I think it would be cool to be able to put sand in the bloomery and take molten glass out with molds. This could then be left to cool and removed from the mold to make a glass pane.

that would be perfect

I use the Somnia mod to speed up cooking/melting processes and farming. When you sleep, it simulates the world around you. nights last about 30 seconds and you can sleep at any time of the day! Its perfect for smelting large amounts of glass and cooking a lot of food!

I don't think that would work for multi player.

In single player, I would just change my game to creativity, pop out a stack of glass then change it back ^^;

The current glass implementation is there just so that folks have access, I plan to add proper glassworking at some point. Just bare with me.

Sorry to sound so 'noobish,' but how do you make glass in this mod?

Glass really isn't that tedious if you know what you're doing.

this is the forge layout that i used and it works pretty well, i had sand going in and glass going out at about the same rate.

post-258-0-48364100-1339311509_thumb.png

Is it just me or is anyone else unable to make glass anymore? The sand just doesn't heat up in either the forge or the fire pit.

It doesn't have the temp in the tooltip, but it is working indeed.

It doesn't have the temp in the tooltip, but it is working indeed.

Oh now I know how to cook sand :D

He's NECROMANCER! Burn him! Burn him!

(+1internetz to the person who gets this slightly modified reference)

Cool Wolf, now we have temperatures for it, like the rest of the items

Yes treyflix, we all got the She's a witch, burn her, burn her reference XD

Bah, you mother was a pig and your farther was a chicken. I fart in your general direction! .....:D