Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Volken

Sluice/Gold panning tweak suggestions

7 posts in this topic

I was messing around with the sluice box and gold pan and found that I find a lot of gems. Mostly I've found cracked or the other kind but I have found a few of the better versions of gems as well. I've also only found 4 gold nuggets or whatever. IRL I have gold panned and found garnets, flakes of gold, but what I find a lot of is iron sand. That is where my suggestion comes in.

I think that it should be pretty common to find "iron sand," which you then need 9 of to make an iron nugget in the fire pit. Then you need nine iron nuggets to make an ingot in the forge. This would make it more viable and realistic.

Excellent idea.

I'm not far into the terrafirmacraft tech-tree yet, but you can't make iron tools before tin, right? If yes, then this might skew the path of the tech-tree

You technically should be able to find 'iron' nuggets along with the gems and gold nuggets.. But the issue is that the pan and sluice use Vanilla materials, aside from the currently unusable gems. Bioxx will either be changing them over to use the new materials or reworking them entirely or getting rid of them.. I hope its reworking them as this is overall a neat idea and may be a way (with the sluice) to even just mine out rock in general and then run it down a sluice to see what sorts out. But for now.. there is no real point to doing either of these actions.

Hi, new member here.

As I am still having some trouble figuring out alot of the 'basics' of the game, and having even less luck in locating information (I did just finish up watching all of the Spotter's Guide Youtubes by Crysin which helped a bit), I did just finally figure out how to make a full set of armor. I have a full set of bronze, it felt like such an accomplishment. :)

Hoever it is unclear how I am supposed to utilize either goldpanning or sluices (I had actually accidently created my first goldpan while crafting the clay molds for making the metal ingots). I understand the normal method of utilizing them, but I can't figure out how to make them work in the game. The wiki seems to lack a lot of "how to's" yet, and I am not even sure all of what is even planned for this fantastic mod, so not sure where to even focus my attention.

I think the fact that this is including so many ideas of what I thought would make an awesome MMO (the realistic mining, farming, etc) that you've got me seriously hooked, but I feel a little frustrated that I am not figuring out things that I thought I should know how to do in the first place.

If there are some guides to various tech tree type deals that are being implemented, I would appreciate a pointer to where these are located. I did come across the excel worksheet of the various types of rocks and ores, which was nicely done. It reminded me of stuff I would often do years ago when I was learning a new game (anyone rememeber a game called 'Dungeon Master'? My brother and I sat down and worked out all the combinations for creating spells, trying everyone of them, just to see what we might discover.).

i dont know how to reply to a comment so i'll quote

Hi, new member here.

As I am still having some trouble figuring out alot of the 'basics' of the game, and having even less luck in locating information (I did just finish up watching all of the Spotter's Guide Youtubes by Crysin which helped a bit), I did just finally figure out how to make a full set of armor. I have a full set of bronze, it felt like such an accomplishment. :)

Hoever it is unclear how I am supposed to utilize either goldpanning or sluices (I had actually accidently created my first goldpan while crafting the clay molds for making the metal ingots). I understand the normal method of utilizing them, but I can't figure out how to make them work in the game. The wiki seems to lack a lot of "how to's" yet, and I am not even sure all of what is even planned for this fantastic mod, so not sure where to even focus my attention.

I think the fact that this is including so many ideas of what I thought would make an awesome MMO (the realistic mining, farming, etc) that you've got me seriously hooked, but I feel a little frustrated that I am not figuring out things that I thought I should know how to do in the first place.

If there are some guides to various tech tree type deals that are being implemented, I would appreciate a pointer to where these are located. I did come across the excel worksheet of the various types of rocks and ores, which was nicely done. It reminded me of stuff I would often do years ago when I was learning a new game (anyone rememeber a game called 'Dungeon Master'? My brother and I sat down and worked out all the combinations for creating spells, trying everyone of them, just to see what we might discover.).

as best I can tell, dig a block so there is FLOWING water next to dirt/sand/clay/gravel. Rightclick on the dirt/sand/clay/gravel with a gold pan. You will a gold pan-dirt if it was dirt, gold pan-clay if it was clay etc. You don't need to empty it, just keep repeating the rightclick to find stuff. For the sluice, You make an 8-long path of flowing water then dig one more forward and down one, and place the sluice, then you put soil in it and it sifts out gems. Doesn't work in smp

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0