Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
RandomASCII

Shift Click Consistency

12 posts in this topic

I apologize if someone has already made this topic, as it sounded like something that would already have been suggested in my head, but I didn't find anything on it when I looked for it. Let me start by saying that I absolutely love that you can shift click food directly into your crafting grid. However, as many may feel, it becomes somewhat irritating when you forget about the mechanic and want to shift click it in the vanilla fashion. I also have a lot of instances where I would shift click things that I want into my crafting grid and would forget that it only works for food(I can really be a derp sometimes...). Anyway, this got me to thinking of how great an implimentation to be able to shift click anything into your crafting grid would be. For starters, we would probably have to stop calling it shift clicking for that, as one suggestion I have of how to do that is to bind a specific key to place items directly into the crafting grid. Perhaps control or alt would suffice?

Just a warning... shift clicking has never been supported in TFC and the solution to any bug with shift clicking? disabling the functionality.

Direct copy paste from the big info header of the support forums:

Rule #1 in TFC: Don't shift click items around in inventories.

Well, I have yet to run into any problems with shift clicking. I would argue that it strikes me as odd that they would code something to behaive a certain way when shift clicking, then discourage you from ever doing it in the first place. Obviosly there's the fact that some bugs are caused by that, but the fact that I have yet to run into that with anything yet makes me thing that I'll be fine if I don't in instances that end up causing bugs.

For example, you can instantly cool ingots by shift-clicking in some cases. Use at your own risk.

Worst thing with shiftclicking is accidentally putting a finished ingot into almost full crucible (of weak colored steel for extra hurting) turning it all into a unfixable unknown, just happened to me yesterday with a crucible of black bronze.

I would argue that it strikes me as odd that they would code something to behaive a certain way when shift clicking, then discourage you from ever doing it in the first place.

I have to agree here, I know I'm not suppose to shift click anything in TFC but I do and I accept the consequences.

Now I don't know if it has been made specifically that food shift clicks in to the crafting grid but It certainly feels like it has. I take it that this was to ease food management but now that the hot keys have been implemented I don't know if it is necessary for the shift click anymore.

Edit

Oh ya Draco I know that feeling, blue steel, 30 ingots  I died a little inside that day.

I also think that shift clicking was intentional so it would be faster to combine food in the cradting grid. However, with the implementation of the hotkey to autocombine, I think that this behavior shoul be reverted to vanilla.

I also think that shift clicking was intentional so it would be faster to combine food in the cradting grid. However, with the implementation of the hotkey to autocombine, I think that this behavior shoul be reverted to vanilla.

Agree. That shift-click behavior has always been a mixed blessing -- useful half the time, annoying the other. It's no longer needed.

Has there been any consideration to removing the mechanic by which food is shift clicked to the crafting grid?

Has there been any consideration to removing the mechanic by which food is shift clicked to the crafting grid?

I've been wondering the same thing, but there are probably still a lot of people who use the shift click. But it would be nice to at least exclude salads and sandwiches from that mechanic since they can't be combined.

I'll look into excluding salads and sandwiches, but the rest of the food cannot have the shift-click to the crafting grid removed because that is what the S and D hotkeys are using behind the scenes. If we get rid of shift-click to crafting grid, we have to get rid of the hotkeys as well.