Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
noname_42

Suggestion Categories

17 posts in this topic

My suggestion is very simple: Add sub-categories for the suggestion forum. There are already categories in the suggestion directory so you could use these. This would have two advantages:

1. You could find other suggestions more easily and avoid double suggestions.

2. Instead of 60 pages of suggestions you would have maybe 3 pages in each category.

=> Old topics wouldn't get lost as fast and the forum would be more clear in general.

Of course this isn't as much-needed as on certain other websites because Kittychanley is doing a great job here, but still it would be an improvement (I think).

Good organizational idea in my eyes, just as long as it's limited to relevant topics for the mods. (Gameplay, items, mods, etc.)It'd be nice to have an updated directory too, since there's certainly a lot of wonderful ideas getting buried. With that kind of organization, it may make it easier for devs to decide what they would like to consider adding to the game. ^^

I like the idea, but it's a lot of work. :(

If somebody would be so kind as to create some sort of list that has the subforum titles, and links to all the threads you think belong in each subforum, it would make me super duper happy.

https://lite4.framapad.org/p/Suggestions <- You can change

draft :

• New feature / detailed proposal
  • Improvement of an existing feature
  • Make it harder/softer existing feature
  • Graphic improvement
  • 1001 Small Suggestions
  • This is a bug?

See the link for more details

Eh, I prefer the categories, as noname_42 suggested, that are already in the suggestions directory:

World Gen/Structures

Inventory/Storage

Combat/Weapons

Tools

Food

Transportation/Boats/Water

Fantasy/Enchanting

Skills/Knowledge/Levels

Currency

Animals/Mobs

Health

Uses for the Useless

Other

The categories you listed don't really work that well for someone who is new to the forum, and wants to know where to look when they have a suggestion, and I would bet that a whole lot of them would end up in 1001 Small Suggestions, when in reality it's a very large suggestion.

Yes, my experiment with 1001 small suggestions was a bust... it was basically meant to be the Uses for the Useless category with a small bit of added tweaks in there but it seems this community doesn't know the meaning of small. On one hand that's a good thing, with the amazing builds and hardcore play... on the other hand, we may need to work on communication skills a bit.

Yes, my experiment with 1001 small suggestions was a bust... it was basically meant to be the Uses for the Useless category with a small bit of added tweaks in there but it seems this community doesn't know the meaning of small. On one hand that's a good thing, with the amazing builds and hardcore play... on the other hand, we may need to work on communication skills a bit.

Well, it's easy to run out of small tweaks when everyone agrees to some degree on how gameplay mechanics are. I'm sure there are plenty of little things that haven't been mentioned, but they're probably biased to gameplay styles, instead of just suggesting something interesting.This idea of subcategories is pretty nice, and it is going to be a lot of work. Sounds like another forum moderator may need to be added to the roster to help out in that case. Already seems like Kitty has her hands full. This is only going to add onto it.

I wonder if using an issue tracker or something similar would make maintaining and organising a suggestion thread easier. Force suggestions to tag with category so they could be filtered.

World Gen/Structures/Blocks Remove Side Grass Support beam with different texture underwater for the appearance of having water surround it? Thatch as of Build 79 Slowed movment from tall grass Remove snow accumulation limit Wolf Proof Fences I have an idea for obsidian. Alternate Fix for Chiseling Ceilings Clay Bricks chisel and stair corner Sandstone Tree growth in stages A slight modification to logpile block physics World Generation controls. Inventory/Storage Vary casting quantities Shift Click Consistency no Inventory Make Tool Rack place on back of chiselled blocks Request: allow buckets to move limewater/tannin Slight change to back slot items Mobile back mounted log carrying aparatus.Combat/Weapons Shields a defensive weapon  Tools Metal bits, cutting ingots for alloy managing Replace scythe with sickle Being able to knap two stone hoe heads at the same time? Bone tools have bone handles Ceramic tools Stone Knife Mines OresFood/Thirst Automatically split food stacks when attempting to add overly large stacks to ceramic vessels. Less thirst and hunger decrease while idling Hardcore thirst I wish could die of thirst  Reduce Incidence of Bell Peppers Respawn with low health, same nutrients H -the cut in half hotkey Food decay based on food type / containerTransportation/Boats/Water Water SeepageFantasy/EnchantingSkills/Knowledge/LevelsCurrency Simple economic ideaAnimals/Mobs Bats! Apiculture ...* And more soon *...HealthUses for the UselessOther Suggestion Categories More Acheivements. Mug in metal Flax (thanks hector) Rename Items  Fireworks   Adding a command to regenerate chunk(s) Just a humble suggestion to prioritize Body Temperature  Side slots of forge to keep temperature? 1001 Small Suggestions: Community Brainstorming~!  A few suggestions of my own [not possible] Config option for simSpeedPlayers? Awesome Anvil Particles -Showering Sparks Paper Heat and Light Collection Record/Archive Book

Just the first two pages out of 56 >.<

Maybe just move everything to an "old" category and everyone who cares can move their topics to the right place

World Gen/Structures/Blocks Remove Side Grass Support beam with different texture underwater for the appearance of having water surround it? Thatch as of Build 79 Slowed movment from tall grass Remove snow accumulation limit Wolf Proof Fences I have an idea for obsidian. Alternate Fix for Chiseling Ceilings Clay Bricks chisel and stair corner Sandstone Tree growth in stages A slight modification to logpile block physics World Generation controls. Inventory/Storage Vary casting quantities Shift Click Consistency no Inventory Make Tool Rack place on back of chiselled blocks Request: allow buckets to move limewater/tannin Slight change to back slot items Mobile back mounted log carrying aparatus.Combat/Weapons Shields a defensive weapon  Tools Metal bits, cutting ingots for alloy managing Replace scythe with sickle Being able to knap two stone hoe heads at the same time? Bone tools have bone handles Ceramic tools Stone Knife Mines OresFood/Thirst Automatically split food stacks when attempting to add overly large stacks to ceramic vessels. Less thirst and hunger decrease while idling Hardcore thirst I wish could die of thirst  Reduce Incidence of Bell Peppers Respawn with low health, same nutrients H -the cut in half hotkey Food decay based on food type / containerTransportation/Boats/Water Water SeepageFantasy/EnchantingSkills/Knowledge/LevelsCurrency Simple economic ideaAnimals/Mobs Bats! Apiculture ...* And more soon *...HealthUses for the UselessOther Suggestion Categories More Acheivements. Mug in metal Flax (thanks hector) Rename Items  Fireworks   Adding a command to regenerate chunk(s) Just a humble suggestion to prioritize Body Temperature  Side slots of forge to keep temperature? 1001 Small Suggestions: Community Brainstorming~!  A few suggestions of my own [not possible] Config option for simSpeedPlayers? Awesome Anvil Particles -Showering Sparks Paper Heat and Light Collection Record/Archive Book

Just the first two pages out of 56 >.<

Maybe just move everything to an "old" category and everyone who cares can move their topics to the right place

You are amazing. The best that I can offer right now for my gratitude is a custom forum title. It appears right now that your title is "Wood Cutter"

Let me know what you would like your title changed to, and as long as it is within reason, I will change it.

You are amazing. The best that I can offer right now for my gratitude is a custom forum title. It appears right now that your title is "Wood Cutter"

Let me know what you would like your title changed to, and as long as it is within reason, I will change it.

huh?

Custom Title for what exactly? :huh:

huh?

Custom Title for what exactly? :huh:

Posted Image

See where it says "Wood Cutter" ? I can change that to be just about anything you want.

Yes I know that, but I don't see a reason for that reward.

I just put the first two pages of the suggestion forum into the list in roughly 5 minutes. :huh:

I have lots and lots of work to do with the forums and the wiki. Even when somebody just does 5 minutes of that work for me, it makes my life easier and makes me happy, so I like to reward that behavior.

No thanks, I really don't care if I have a custom title which nobody even reads. Btw I'm "Stone Miner" now :P

I believe we still don't have proper tags for this forum.

Would be much easier for organization to have what he do in this Category things as forum topic tags, and Suggestion discovery thread would then have links to search pages over suggestion subforum for topics bearing such tags in order of last update date. I would expect this is simple enough thing that lessens Kitty's workload by a ton by allowing users themselves to police what goes where, and admins are sill able to police users' stuff by removing and adding appropriate tags.

What about doing that for the TFC2 suggestion forum before it is to late...?