Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
sinanisler

Why this mod become hardcore ?

45 posts in this topic

Sory for English this is my 3. language....

I love this mod and I know this mod like at the begining. I played a lot. I wached a lot

I would like to show my town but it is gone. It was like big big island I made a big home, fruit farms and even made all island roads. This mod makes minecraft better and challange you that challanage makes your in game valuable and fun.

I started to play again. It was big stop for me after 2 years mod changed so so much. I found so many new items and change on meta.

TerraFirmaCraft I think one of the best mod surviving category. Because it is more realistic and more challanging. You can not hack a way to make easy win on this mod. ı love that. I love this idea. 

But ! That is changed. After I install last version 0.79.10.375 For MC v1.7.10. I found hardcore mod. It is hardcore playing it and hardcore finding good seed.

All the way mod become hard. It is like there is no challange mod itself become a challenge.  Making mod hard to play and give players hard time to survive.

I believe this is not to way a making good surviving mod. TerraFirmaCraft gone wrong way. 

This problems what I found. I hope they will be fixed future releases.

• Generating Good Seed: I generated like 15 world and 10 of them was island. There was no animal at all. 
  • Finding Wool and Making Sheep: I generated 15 world and none of them was have sheep. I see bear, deer, wolf, cow but not sheep. We need god damn Wool.
  • Making building block with stone tools. I can understand finding sheep can be hard but then give us simple building blocks with stone tools. For making ourselfs safe. 
  • Because of we cant make simple block with stone tools we need metal tools. But finding metals sometimes hard it is depends on seeds too. Paradox !

This thing I found with last update and TFC become hardcore mod.

believe others think this way to.

We want good surviving mod not hardcore gaming

Thankyou

You will be in for a treat when temperature will affect the player. This mod will become more hardcore than you think, and I love it.

You can use logs for building early on, which you only need a stone tool to get. You can also make cobblestone out of the stone you get, so there's 2 building blocks right there. I'd count thatch as one but spiders can climb up the walls and jump into your house if you build the roof strictly out of thatch.

You can also dig down into clay and just hollow out a room leaving a layer of clay floating above and use that as a shelter which requires very little effort to do.

As for metals, gold panning generally helps me get copper tools within the second or third day.

TerraFirmaCraft is intended to be a challenging survival mod first and foremost. This means survival is the main focus, and so survival should be difficult and challenging. Hardcore, even. That's the idea of TerraFirmaCraft: to make a true survival Minecraft, since vanilla Minecraft has very little proper survival. Vanilla Minecraft is essentially Creative on extreme difficulty mode.

If you want to play on creative, you can always make a creative world. Or you can make a survival world, and use cheats to temporarily enter creative mode whenever you feel like taking a shortcut.

As for your specific points:

• I admit I haven't generated far too many worlds since the most recent big update, but the few I have generated did have a lot of islands, and oceans were pretty damn huge. Perhaps it's intended, but I personally wouldn't mind a little less water and a little more "continents".

That being said, you can always use cheats to enter creative mode and fly around until you find a good spot or good coordinates to settle. This is assuming you're playing in single-player, of course.
  • I can't comment too much on the availability of sheep because I've never had difficulty finding them, at least compared to other animals. But yes, there were changes to how wool works, I believe, and wool beds are harder to make now? So you'll have to use straw and hide beds initially, which only set the spawn point, but don't let you sleep. You are supposed to wait the night out instead of just skipping it, for extra difficulty. Sleeping shouldn't be such a "cheat" as it is, I think.
  • You are supposed to chop down trees and use logs as your starting building blocks, along with thatch. You're not supposed to get stone blocks until you start making metal tools. Eventually I'm pretty sure we'll have bricks to use during the pottery age, too, but for now, use logs and thatch, along with the natural landscape as a simple foundation to save on resources.
  • Again, finding metal before having metal tools is supposed to be a challenge, and you're not really supposed to jump on to more advanced materials before getting out of the pottery age, really.

It will take some time to get used to the new features in TFC. Here are some things that I have found to make life easier.

1. Set mobs on fire with pit kilns so they are easier to kill.

2. Be conscious of the Damage Types when fighting mobs, e.g. Skeletons are immune to piercing.

3. /gamerule mobGriefing false * keeps creepers from breaking blocks but they still deal damage.

4.  The Smartmoving mod makes it much easier to move around believably in the new worlds.

5. Pumpkins can be stacked on top of each other if you need to build an emergency shelter. You just need a wood block for the roof.

6. Watch a let's plays from kitty or dunk or someone knowledgeable with the mod. They can be really helpful for when you are first starting out.

Good luck learning about the new features, if you stick with it it gets much easier and is a really enjoyable mod.

Many of the "hardcore" features like caveins, torches burning out, crops dying, food decay and so on can be turned of in the config. I suggest you to have a look at the config options if you prefer to make your live easier.

the ore spawning can be changed in the config as well - so if you for example want to find the graphite/kalinite/garnierite/silver that tend to be difficoult to find more common, just go to the ore spawn config and change the values to your likeing. For example you could add them to several other stone types as well, a change that is very simple but makes finding them easy.

you could also install NEI and give yourself some rules on what you are allowed to "cheat" yourself into the game. For example i go for all the saplings i have already found myself in the world since some trees such as white ceder never give enough saplings to regrow them.

you could also install mapwriter, a mapping tool that allowes you to teleport - give yourself some rules here as well so you do not change the game all the way to creative and therefore loose all difficulty :D.

I Would like to not cheat but mod sometimes foreces me to play on peaceful :D

btw @_syh & @Caelann you are right about block I will-should do that.

I challenge you guys play on hardcore with last update and dont make cheat ! :D

hehe

I challenge you guys play on hardcore with last update and dont make cheat ! :D

hehe

I think I'd prefer ultra hardcore (no health regen as well as death = end of world) over just hardcore haha.

I'd make a base with a hot spring built in, so I could heal up in my base. :P

In regards to the wool argument, there was the addition of the loom in 79 so if you absolutely cannot find sheep, you can still make a bed using spider string.

Year 4 and still haven't killed enough spiders for a bed.

Haven't had to, we have a ram. But I dread to think of how many nights it would take to kill off that many spiders without losing my gear to constant death.

Thank heavens for Wooliam Woolace. He is a good sheep.

I think I'd prefer ultra hardcore (no health regen as well as death = end of world) over just hardcore haha.

I'd make a base with a hot spring built in, so I could heal up in my base. :P

Amazing idea

In regards to the wool argument, there was the addition of the loom in 79 so if you absolutely cannot find sheep, you can still make a bed using spider string.

But. But. The spiders scare me. *sniff* :'(

yeah, wool got hard on B 79, just like in 78, sometimes your seed will just don't give 'em to you...

but I feel every other stuff is made easyer, c'mon! support beans are just a play, they're cheap and easy to use!

but it's stopping people from tunneling kilometers into earth in search for ore, witch is a good thing, who seach for ores like that?

this is not vanilla minecraft, one should'nt be looking up for ores this way, it's the harder one here!

the changes in world generation made easyer to find your first metal,If you're in a good bronze bearer rock, also easyer, there are bismuth and sphalerite surface ores, but the gravel layer seems to have nerfed on the nugget spawning, witch is contraditory, so

look upon a place with copper ore exposed, near some iron bearing small ores, if you want it realy easyer mess with the ore size in the configs and make yourself 20unit small nuggets  (yeah, I'm assuming OP is talking about singleplayer)

Sory for English this is my 3. language....

I love this mod and I know this mod like at the begining. I played a lot. I wached a lot

I would like to show my town but it is gone. It was like big big island I made a big home, fruit farms and even made all island roads. This mod makes minecraft better and challange you that challanage makes your in game valuable and fun.

I started to play again. It was big stop for me after 2 years mod changed so so much. I found so many new items and change on meta.

TerraFirmaCraft I think one of the best mod surviving category. Because it is more realistic and more challanging. You can not hack a way to make easy win on this mod. ı love that. I love this idea. 

But ! That is changed. After I install last version 0.79.10.375 For MC v1.7.10. I found hardcore mod. It is hardcore playing it and hardcore finding good seed.

All the way mod become hard. It is like there is no challange mod itself become a challenge.  Making mod hard to play and give players hard time to survive.

I believe this is not to way a making good surviving mod. TerraFirmaCraft gone wrong way. 

This problems what I found. I hope they will be fixed future releases.

• Generating Good Seed: I generated like 15 world and 10 of them was island. There was no animal at all. 
  • Finding Wool and Making Sheep: I generated 15 world and none of them was have sheep. I see bear, deer, wolf, cow but not sheep. We need god damn Wool.
  • Making building block with stone tools. I can understand finding sheep can be hard but then give us simple building blocks with stone tools. For making ourselfs safe. 
  • Because of we cant make simple block with stone tools we need metal tools. But finding metals sometimes hard it is depends on seeds too. Paradox !

This thing I found with last update and TFC become hardcore mod.

believe others think this way to.

We want good surviving mod not hardcore gaming

Thankyou

I agree...I am done with this mod. It's a shame too because I have been playing for a long time now. It just seems that logic has been thrown out because of the personal tastes of the modders. Good luck ya'll who stick with this, but I am done. The changes to the thatch was minor but now the caveins are illogical. I should be able to tunnel one block through and not have a cave in. Its ridiculous! The support beams I have never understood either...and I have read and followed the wiki. My sheep after three in game months wont be familiar enough to sheer. I am extremely frustrated and that is NOT what I want in a game. I want to be entertained. All I get from the developers is -this is the way its going to be so deal. Well this is how I am dealing with it. CYA

I do like the sandwiches and the leather and cloth rewrites but that isn't enough to keep me going.

Good Luck.

I agree...I am done with this mod. It's a shame too because I have been playing for a long time now. It just seems that logic has been thrown out because of the personal tastes of the modders. Good luck ya'll who stick with this, but I am done. The changes to the thatch was minor but now the caveins are illogical. I should be able to tunnel one block through and not have a cave in. Its ridiculous! The support beams I have never understood either...and I have read and followed the wiki. My sheep after three in game months wont be familiar enough to sheer. I am extremely frustrated and that is NOT what I want in a game. I want to be entertained. All I get from the developers is -this is the way its going to be so deal. Well this is how I am dealing with it. CYA

I do like the sandwiches and the leather and cloth rewrites but that isn't enough to keep me going.

Good Luck.

You know, many new features have been requested coutless times by many players in the suggestion forum. If you ask people  to chose, they will most likely choose what make the game the hardest, so the dev are also going this way. For example, in this poll 25% voted to make it easier, 50% voted to keep it the same and 25% asked to make it harder. For the torches, 60% of people are ok with it as it is. If you hope to change something, you should talk more about changes you would like to see to make them happen, to leave will bring nothing.

Of couse, there is many aspects that can be adjusted in the config and make the game more enjoyable for you. As the mod is in beta and always add new features, you must have some patience, as new features need to be tested, bug need to be fixed and one day, the new features will work as well as many old features, that's why we always have a lot of hotfix after the release of a new build. Keep reporting bugs until there is no more bug.

You know, many new features have been requested coutless times by many players in the suggestion forum. If you ask people  to chose, they will most likely choose what make the game the hardest, so the dev are also going this way. For example, in this poll 25% voted to make it easier, 50% voted to keep it the same and 25% asked to make it harder. For the torches, 60% of people are ok with it as it is. If you hope to change something, you should talk more about changes you would like to see to make them happen, to leave will bring nothing.

Of couse, there is many aspects that can be adjusted in the config and make the game more enjoyable for you. As the mod is in beta and always add new features, you must have some patience, as new features need to be tested, bug need to be fixed and one day, the new features will work as well as many old features, that's why we always have a lot of hotfix after the release of a new build. Keep reporting bugs until there is no more bug.

That's why I am leaving...its not fun anymore. The hardest of the hardcore isn't for peeps with lives. And when something isnt fun I move on. I am just saying goodbye.

That's why I am leaving...its not fun anymore. The hardest of the hardcore isn't for peeps with lives. And when something isnt fun I move on. I am just saying goodbye.

That's your decision of course, but you obviously do something wrong here: your main concern seem to be the crazy cave-ins: open the TFC config, change one single line after the instruction you'll find there, and never have to bother with beams or cave-ins at all anymore. That's a thing of less than 30 seconds, and you can enjoy your personal playstyle again :)Same goes with torches or ore spawns or food decay - there are so many options to make the game after your personal taste.As for your problem with sheep familiarity - you are clearly making a mistake here, if you can't shear them within a week or so. So either you are not consistent enough in feeding them EVERY SINGLE DAY, or you hang in the old bug. The former is necessary, because if you miss one day, the familiarity will drop significantly, unless the familiarity indicator got a white frame. If the latter is the case, try to update, if you haven't already, and go find new sheep on newly generated chunks, or better, start a fresh new world and enjoy.There, all your problems solved :)P.S.: If I'm wrong somewhere, please correct me!

The last few responses have been the most informative and respectful I have gotten in this forum....minus AHrubik

I looked in configs and didn't see the cave in part so I will check again. The sheep I babysat and fed them everyday and I started this seed with the latest version.

As far as suggestions go, I have made some but get the same attitude from devs as AHrubik. Basically it ain't going to happen so deal with it. Not good PR for a product your promoting IMO. They should say "hey that's a great suggestion but this is the direction we want to go and why. "

So I will check the configs again and thanks. Was very frustrated after many hours of beating my head against a wall. Hours I normally don't have :)

The last few responses have been the most informative and respectful I have gotten in this forum....minus AHrubikI looked in configs and didn't see the cave in part so I will check again.

This page might be helpful: http://wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/Configuration

You should also try deleting your config files, as some new options might not show up when you update if you don't.

As far as suggestions go, I have made some but get the same attitude from devs as AHrubik. Basically it ain't going to happen so deal with it. Not good PR for a product your promoting IMO. They should say "hey that's a great suggestion but this is the direction we want to go and why. "

Yeah it kind of seems like the developers are making the Mod for themselves rather than the community.

This topic shows that the majority want the firestarter changed and the forum admin just gave me a direct no.

Link: http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/7275-improve-firestarter/

I want to keep playing this game but I seriously don't understand what I'm even playing. I got here because TerraFirmaCraft was advertised as a survival realism mod, practically everywhere you go. After playing it I realized it was true. However when I got on the forums, I'm being lectured the meaning of believability in which the dev has clearly altered and manipulated to something I can’t even comprehend and making it seem like the game has nothing to do with realism whatsoever.

Dictionary.com defines 'believable' as: "To have confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something, although without absolute proof that one is right in doing so." I like this definition, but I do not feel beholden to it. I find that narrowing down what is and isn't believable is too complex of a matter to definitively say for each and every person. We all come from different places in the world, filled with our own life experiences and holding to many different ideologies. As a result, what makes sense for each of us is slightly different.

To use a definition and then to not fully agree with it, stating everyone portrays it differently, is a little confusing and simply doesn’t even make sense. What the dev later explains is the exact definition used anyway! Believability and realism go hand to hand, you can’t have believability with some realism, but you can have realism without believability. So when I suggest accuracy and realism, ones that really don’t impact the game in a negative way which would require the devs to make things easier but believable, why am I getting this lecture? I mean this is the same game where you must drop 3 sticks on the ground and set them on fire with a primitive tool just to simply make a firepit. I mean you need to have some education to even know that rubbing two sticks together can even create a fire!

So like I said, I really don’t know what I’m playing. It’s a Mod based on realist survival, but yet it isn’t. Therefore I don’t know what suggestions I can present which won’t go against believability. That’s a real shame because I got plenty of information about realistic survival and I know exactly how it can be added within the game to keep things simple and fun, but why go through all the trouble of educating everyone when I’ll simply get a no and its end of discussion.

At the end of the day, it is only a game. If you liked v78 better go back to it, you can...

The whole point of the post about believability is exactly to do with your post Trenix, to reiterate what their intention of it is. That's their stance. That's their choice.

I love the mod, some bits are too hard, but that's what makes me come back for more. Some bits aren't quite right, so I post about it, some bits...well I have the ability and tools to fix them ;) I'm looking at you, Blast Furnace!! 

I'd give it a month or 2 to settle down, there have been some big changes happen. If, after that time, you still don't like it, that's a shame, but it is only a game.

Well I think I've tried to explain myself enough when it comes to realism and believability, even more so on the news’ post. It's one thing to not like my suggestion because you simply don't like what it has to offer, but it's another thing to just avoid it being that it contains accuracy and realism, none in which would negatively affect gameplay. I've even read other suggestions to see what I've done different, I just can't figure it out. What it seems like is that asking for changes to already existing content is just frowned by the devs. Hell if you have a fish item that looks like a bass and is labeled an eel, I will also say something about that. There should be no need for a discussion about believability with that.

Whenever I see a post where people are bashing the Devs or their game, it always gets me thinking.

1. This is free to play, no money or contracts changed hands so why do people think they have the right to dictate how things are developed?

2. People have freedom of choice, no one is forcing an individual to play so why not try another game/pack/mod instead of getting upset over this one?

3. The Devs use code to make everything work, it is not simple to do what they do and they have no wizards wand to make everyone's personal wishes come true. 

4. Going onto a public forum and throwing the verbal toys out the cot makes an individual look bad. 

5. Final point, if it means so much, make one yourself. The Devs did just that, this is their vision and they are doing it their way, and so they should.

So before folks get angry because I have made the points above, take a moment to consider your position as supporters of the work being done by the Devs. You are helping them reach their dream, they are working hard to make it happen. They do not exist for your personal entertainment and the world does not revolve around you. 

Try to feel the community spirit folks, a little gratitude never did any harm. 

Dawn  ;)