Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Skavaro

Agriculture on different soils

12 posts in this topic

My current problem is that i can barely make any food that is not considered as savory. i figured out that in my world and for my taste pine logs reduce savory values most, but if i use best combination of meat/bread/cheese i have at hand i still already get to perfectly savory - add cranberries doesnt change it. but as soon as i add any kind of vegetable i get instantly ridiculously savory food.

I guess this has to do with the soil of my farm wich is basalt. now is it possible to just gather some soil from somewhere else and bring it to my house to get different taste values or do i have to move my entire farm?

the first one would be kind of cheaty, the second a lot of work since distances from one stone type to another are rather huge now...

As far as i know moving dirt removes all its nutrition. However it will regenerate over time by itself and you could use fertilizer.

raw dirt has no nutrition when hoed, if you let grass grow on it though, it gets full nutrition at start. The game cant keep the nutrition values for every block of dirt and grass in its memory

I don't thing the type of dirt effects the taste of food, I think its just based on the world right now.  I'm pretty sure though that the devs do want to make it so taste is based of the type of dirt or rock type but its not implemented yet.

The taste of your food is based on your location in the world and the drainage map of that area, it has absolutely nothing to do with the type of dirt you grow it on.

raw dirt has no nutrition when hoed, if you let grass grow on it though, it gets full nutrition at start. The game cant keep the nutrition values for every block of dirt and grass in its memory

Incorrect. Player placed dirt blocks start out with no nutrients while dirt blocks that have been generated by the world and not broken have nutrients. It would be interesting to see if dirt blocks that collapse retain their nutrients, I would assume that they do.

Incorrect. Player placed dirt blocks start out with no nutrients while dirt blocks that have been generated by the world and not broken have nutrients. It would be interesting to see if dirt blocks that collapse retain their nutrients, I would assume that they do.

No. You are wrong. Dirt has no idea if it's world generated or player placed. All dirt has 0 nutrients. All grass has full nutrients.

No. You are wrong. Dirt has no idea if it's world generated or player placed. All dirt has 0 nutrients. All grass has full nutrients.

Oops. Nice to know.

What about grass growth on dirt blocks, then? Does TFC use the same mechanic as Vanilla or is it there a different way to generate grass? Even after playing for a few weeks, I still can't figure it out.

What about grass growth on dirt blocks, then? Does TFC use the same mechanic as Vanilla or is it there a different way to generate grass? Even after playing for a few weeks, I still can't figure it out.

As far as I know, grass growth is the same as in vanilla, meaning it can spread to the adjacent 8 dirt blocks, same level, one block above and one block under the grass block. The spreading speed feels to be slower than in vanilla. Silk touch is evidently not possible.

As far as I know, grass growth is the same as in vanilla, meaning it can spread to the adjacent 8 dirt blocks, same level, one block above and one block under the grass block. The spreading speed feels to be slower than in vanilla. Silk touch is evidently not possible.

This is exactly correct. TFC uses the same code as vanilla grass growth, with the exception that there is an added 10% chance rule. So while vanilla grass spreads 100% of the time that it gets an update tick, TFC grass only spreads 10% of the time.

This is exactly correct. TFC uses the same code as vanilla grass growth, with the exception that there is an added 10% chance rule. So while vanilla grass spreads 100% of the time that it gets an update tick, TFC grass only spreads 10% of the time.

Good to know, thanks guys.