Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
cjworks

Water vapour from mouth when its cold

14 posts in this topic

When you exhale when it’s cold outside, the water vapor in your breath condenses into lots of tiny droplets of liquid water that you can see in the air as a cloud, similar to fog.

When it’s warm out, though, the invisible water vapor gas stays invisible, because the warm air provides energy that allows the water vapor to remain a gas. As temperatures drop, it’s more likely that you’ll be able to see your breath.

For aesthetic purposes, steam/vapour particles would add a lot of immersion to TFC and given the first person perspective. Your could see the environment changing and affecting your body. This could be extended to other mobs. Additionally, sounds could be implemented for laboured breathing after intensive activities such as prolonged running.

Similarly cold makes your body shiver and affects metabolism. We could use slowness here and incorporate these elements into the food mechanics.

I like it.

Always thought it was funny in movies when it is supposed to be -40 or something and you can't see anyone's breath.

You know TFC is a mod for a game called "minecraft" ? I don't think it would be very nice if huge pixels spam over your screen.

Point taken. It doesnt have to take up the entire screen and they could be transparent. We'd just need a misty effect

Not sure the added realism is worth the development time/annoying spray of fog in your face. Besides, who breathes out of their mouth in cold weather? Your nose heats up the air you breathe in to avoid lowering your core body temperature, and any air expelled from your nose generally dissipates before entering your vision.

I often do, because though your noes warms the air more than you mouth that, also means more heat is removed from your noes and where I live that means your noes can get frost bite really quick and then you can get all sorts of lovely noes bleeds.

I like the breath effect btw.

Noted and welcomed comments whic have educated me. I live in Jamaica so its all warm down here. That has it annoyances like mosquitos. Speaking of which, have given me checkengunia....high fever, muscle cramps n temporary paralysis

Asking for more realism without anyone giving you the whole believability speech? Anyway, I don't think it's worth it. It just doesn't add much to the game beside more for us to load.

Well it would add a nice passive way to tell the temperature instead of checking F3 all the time. When you can see your breath go put on your jacket because its getting cold. A complementary effect could be added for when its hot too.

This would be most effective when body temp is added.

Well it would add a nice passive way to tell the temperature instead of checking F3 all the time. When you can see your breath go put on your jacket because its getting cold. A complementary effect could be added for when its hot too.

This would be most effective when body temp is added.

Generally, I find that water freezing/crops dying/occasional snowfall are very good indicators that it's cold. Or, in Alberta, people walking in shorts is always a good indicator.

Haha true. I still think it would be neat though.

I don't think it will be nice.

I once tried a mod that made you sweat in hot places. Sounds cool, right?

In practice, it wasn't. It annoyed me enough to make me quit using the mod just because of that. Granted, anywhere that wasn't a river, ocean, or cold place made you sweat, so you where pretty much sweating 24/7, but...

Hmm, maybe if it only happened at very low temperatures(say, below freezing) and was transparent, it might not be so annoying.

But I really really love the idea of breathing sounds.

You know TFC is a mod for a game called "minecraft" ? I don't think it would be very nice if huge pixels spam over your screen.

CoughcoughpotioneffectscoughcoughThe pixels of course can be altered to be non disruptive.

These seems more of a suggestion to bring to devs of shader packs or to develop as an add-on. An add-on that added things to give immersion for those that want it. Breath, sweat, bugs in face, footprints, wind sounds in trees and grass.