Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
lipki

Add Flint&Steel, Firestarter and Rope in the ToolRack.

21 members have voted

1. 1. Add Flint&Steel, Firestarter and Rope in the ToolRack ?

• yes
    • no

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 posts in this topic

Because these are tools that we often need to take or store.
And often in the same place.

Posted Image

I don't know about anybody else, but I store all of my Flint & Steel/Fire starters in the empty slot of the thing I'm using to light them. So the side slots of the forge, or the top slot of the fire pit when I'm done cooking. For the pit kiln and the bloomery, I keep a chest nearby with the materials I am going to put in the device, along with the tool to light it.

Also keep in mind that in general, if an item is added to the tool rack, we remove it's ability to be stored in a chest.

I do what kitty does and store the item in the place i'll be using it or in a chest. You can fit soo much more in a chest, but tool racks don't hold a lot. To have that many tools racks around my home base would just feel cluttered =/

I don't know about anybody else, but I store all of my Flint & Steel/Fire starters in the empty slot of the thing I'm using to light them. So the side slots of the forge, or the top slot of the fire pit when I'm done cooking. For the pit kiln and the bloomery, I keep a chest nearby with the materials I am going to put in the device, along with the tool to light it.

Good idea, I hadn’t think.

Also keep in mind that in general, if an item is added to the tool rack, we remove it's ability to be stored in a chest.

This is not because I can hang a rope on the wall that I can not store it in a chest, t's good, isn't it?

This is not because I can hang a rope on the wall that I can not store it in a chest, t's good, isn't it?

I have no idea what you just said. I understand english isn't your primary language, but that sentence makes absolutely no sense.

I'm so sorry. :D 

This rule is valid for the log or the tools.A rope can be attached to a hook on the wall.Or store in a chest.Thank you for making the effort to understand me. and sorry again.

This rule is valid for the log or the tools.

A rope can be attached to a hook on the wall.Or store in a chest.Thank you for making the effort to understand me. and sorry again.

While that might make sense in reality, there are a set of rules in TFC that we like to keep consistent to. The only exceptions to this rule are the very small tools such as a knife, which is usually small enough to fit in your pocket, and hence small enough to fit in a chest drawer. When I think of a rope hanging on the wall, I usually think of a very large, hefty rope, and not a thin string of yarn. The way that I see it, such a rope would not easily be stored in a drawer, and therefore would not be stored in a chest.

Leaving the rope as an item simply stored in a chest makes more sense from a gameplay standpoint because ropes stack. An entire stack of ropes takes up only a single slot in a chest. For balancing reasons, if you had to store all of those ropes on separate hooks on the wall, then they should have to either be stored in separate slots in a chest, or not in a chest at all.

A rope can be attached to a hook on the wall.

Or store in a chest.

While i agree with storing coils of rope on a toolrack and in a chest, but since ropes stack that would probably mean that you could store only one rope on a wall so meh.

Imho. It would be nice to be able to put Firestarters / Flint & Steel on a tool rack, you rarely have/use several of those at one spot anyway. Ropes i feel should stay as they are.

I usually do the same as Kitty and either put the firestarter in/next to the thingy or just make one and use it all up so those dosn't clog my inv/storage space.

Really, I'd only support storing the flint and steel in a tool rack. Firestarters are much to cheap to bother with storing them on the wall. If you REALLY want the storage space back, just toss it and make a new one. They cost two sticks. I think you'll survive the loss of resources. I'm with kitty on the rope arguement.

I wholeheartedly support the flint and steel being able to go on a rack as well as in a chest. Like a knife it is actually pretty small, so believability isn't an issue.

Fire-starters are so cheap I don't really care about them, but for consistency's sake, sure why not. 

The rope is a no-go for me. I prefer having them stack in a chest. Although as a builder/decorator having rope hanging in the barn as a mostly decoration piece IS appealing. I love having multiple ways of storing and displaying things.

Perhaps what we really need is a shelf. Similar to bibliocraft that can store and display 4 items (that normally would go in a chest). I think that block would fit with TFC's theme quite well and would get quite a bit of use both as a decorational and functional block.

If you really can't handle the flint in a chest, use an item frame. They work but I still vote in favor of more storage/display options.

In any case, its perfect in my backyard.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Getting on the rope issue, I wish we were able to hang ropes between blocks, like what we do with strings to dry meet.

We could use it in docks or ports and it should block you from walking over it unless you jump. Also I would love to have coils of ropes as a actual 3d item that could be placed on the floor or hanged on the wall.

I understand it would not add much to gameplay but it would add a lot as a decorative item.

I would have to disagree with that argument.

There is many kind of tools that fit in chests, like knife, chisel, hammer and propick (that is 27% of the tools). The tool that can not fit in the chest are medium or large, so if the problem is that the rope is medium, then make it small so it can fit in the chest and on the tool rack.

I tought that this addition was nice, it give the opportunity for players to have more storing options and it remove nothing to the game or the gameplay.

I would personally like to store those on the tool rack too, because I really love tool racks. Sure, they store a lot less, but they are quick and easy to access, which makes them so much better for tool storage than chests for me. I like being able to go up to my tool rack and be able to pop off the tool without hassle rather than having to open a chest, find the knife, put it in my hotbar, and close the chest.

I would like to be able to grab a log, pop it in the firepit, pop off my fire starter, light the fire, then pop it back on the tool rack.

And with rope, I don't usually need a stack of rope, and having rope on a tool rack will be very nice for me. 

When I think of a rope hanging on the wall, I usually think of a very large, hefty rope, and not a thin string of yarn. The way that I see it, such a rope would not easily be stored in a drawer, and therefore would not be stored in a chest.

I get your way of thinking, but rope is used to lead animals too, and when I think of a rope used to lead a horse, I tend to think of a large, hefty rope as well. In my point of view, if a rope that can be used to drag horses, bulls, and all the rest of the animals can be stored in one a chest, a rope hanging on the wall should go in the chest too.

Allowing players to attach a lead to TWO fence posts (with a limit of say, 15-20 blocks) would be a really cool little feature. Now before you crush this notion simply because it's not NEEDED, please remember that much of the fun of things are the little bits that don't make or break the game but simply add a touch of enjoyment and possibility. I for one, would immediately start building a Spanish galleon with authentic rope-rigging, and I would love it.

For me the rope is a "longe".
In any case, it is only how she is using in game.

Posted Image

A "longe" is not more than 4 meters of long.

when properly stored, is the result.

Posted Image

I can't think of an item that can go on a tool rack that can stack. Not sure if that would be an issue. Being able to grab one quick is nice and I really like the ascetics of it, but I don't want to need a wall of tool racks or, if it was still allowed, a double chest to store my ropes.

I don't understand the issue, just because we make an item capable of being hang on a tool rack would the gods of JAVA prohibit the item from being store in a chest? Whats wrong with giving players the option of storing a stack of rope in the chest and at the same time having a rope hanging on the tool rack?

Is not just about how practical it would be is also about how it would look.I would prefer to have some kind of Hook so I could hang ropes inside my barn or stable.

In the end minecraft is about building. The mods we choose to play add blocks and change how hard it is to obtain those blocks. There is a huge portion of minecraft players that really care about decorating their buildings, that's why I asked about the possibility of attaching a rope between blocks. It would create a physical barrier without barring the vision, so ideal for end of docks or elevated passages. Also as Maga said it would look great on a ship. I cannot imagine a middle age shipyard without ropes all around. 

I'll consider some of this in the future.