Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Trenix

Way to Turn off Monsters?

8 posts in this topic

Playing the Mod is very limiting currently, during the daytime I do what I can and then at night I sit around doing nothing. If I were to attempt to go outside, there is a horde of vanilla Minecraft mobs that are waiting to kill me and are near impossible to kill. So is there a way to turn off monsters without removing hostile animals such as bears and do I really need them in the game to play properly?

Set difficulty to peaceful, bears are animals so they shouldn't be affected by that. If not, then sorry not sure.

peaceful gets you wolfes and bears. wolfes do not attack you unless provoked. Bears i think will attack you if you get too close. Not sure about how much damage they deal on peaceful tough.

set gamerule nodaynightcycle, but MC and TFC d'ont offer a great AI to monsters, and if not for mobs how use have armor, weapons etc.At night, dig make a mine around you house make a secure road to this if its far.**have an issue with this gamerule? maybe.

If the mod is very hard, have a creative for sugestion.

I personally would like an option that would restrict the height they could spawn at, so that you'd only have them spawning in caves, or have different rules, such as having certain structures or areas that they are common to, or something else to remove some of the randomness of their spawning behavior. I've never been a huge fan of the current spawning system that Mojang wrote, it just seems to make them spawn in places that are very inconvenient, and aren't very believable. I mean, I just don't like monsters spawning from nothing, and not being persistent to any degree in environments. 

I personally would like an option that would restrict the height they could spawn at, so that you'd only have them spawning in caves, or have different rules, such as having certain structures or areas that they are common to, or something else to remove some of the randomness of their spawning behavior. I've never been a huge fan of the current spawning system that Mojang wrote, it just seems to make them spawn in places that are very inconvenient, and aren't very believable. I mean, I just don't like monsters spawning from nothing, and not being persistent to any degree in environments. 

There has actually been a very long-standing plan to move the "magical" mobs so that they only spawn under sea-level. The code is already there and ready to go, just commented out while we wait for better mobs to populate the surface with.

In regards to the original support question, just set the difficulty to peaceful. Hostile mobs won't spawn, but wolves and bears still will. Whatever you do, do NOT use any sort of gamerule that affects the day night cycle. This cycle is the clock that all of TFC's time-based calculations are using, and any sort of alteration to it is going to result in some very very weird behavior. You do not need any of the hostile mobs in order to play through TFC, although spiders are a valid alternative for when you just aren't able to find sheep to make wool for a bed.

There has actually been a very long-standing plan to move the "magical" mobs so that they only spawn under sea-level. The code is already there and ready to go, just commented out while we wait for better mobs to populate the surface with.

That sounds awesome, I fully support this.

Thanks for the help, I guess I'll switch over to peaceful for now. I hope it's not going to make things too easy. I like the difficulty of survival, but not when it comes to dealing with a horde of magical monsters that randomly spawn at night, forcing me to hide rather than play the actual game.