Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Remeh84

Barrel crashes my MC when I seal it

25 posts in this topic

Version #: 0.79.10.375

SSP/SMP (Single/MultiPlayer): SMP

Suggested Name: Sealed barrel crash

Suggested Category: Annoying

Description: When I sealed a barrel with water and barley, Minecraft crashed. That repeats every time when Im trying to open sealed barrel.

Have you deleted your config files and are still able to reproduce this bug?: Yes

Do you have any mods other than Forge and TFC installed?: No

If yes, which mods?

[1.7.10]ArmorStatusHUD-client-1.27 (only client)

[1.7.10]DirectionHUD-client-1.23 (only client)

[1.7.10]StatusEffectHUD-client-1.26 (only client)

[1.7.10]TerraFirmaCraft-0.79.10.375 (only client)

ArchimedesShips-1.7.1
CodeChickenCore-1.7.10-1.0.4.29-universal

fastcraft-1.9

MineTweaker3-1.7.10-3.0.9B (with recipes for AS which i added)

MobiusCore-1.2.3_1.7.10

NotEnoughItems-1.7.10-1.0.3.62-universal

Opis-1.2.3_1.7.10

ReiMinimap-1.7.10-3.6 (only client)

Pastebin.com link of the Crash Reporthttp://pastebin.com/WnqZZ03X

post-15566-0-99315700-1415193968_thumb.p

Can confirm. This bug has been plaguing the HugBox server for 3 days now.

You said SMP. Are you playing on Rhodance's white-listed server? If not we have a more widespread issue than we thought.

(In my experience with this bug it only occurs when liquid is involved and it also extends to sealing large vessels. A server-mate indicated it was an issue with dates and getting times.)

Please contact your server admin and ask if they are using Cauldron. The crash is indeed because somehow the barrel is getting a negative time value sent to it, and the calendar doesn't understand which month "-9" is. I have yet to reproduce this on a server that is not running Cauldron, so I suspect that is the issue.

Please contact your server admin and ask if they are using Cauldron. The crash is indeed because somehow the barrel is getting a negative time value sent to it, and the calendar doesn't understand which month "-9" is. I have yet to reproduce this on a server that is not running Cauldron, so I suspect that is the issue.

I'm admin of server and I never use Cauldron or Bukkit. But once I ran command "/time set day" at night. Is this command has big influence on TFC?

(sorry for my English)

You said SMP. Are you playing on Rhodance's white-listed server? If not we have a more widespread issue than we thought.

(In my experience with this bug it only occurs when liquid is involved and it also extends to sealing large vessels. A server-mate indicated it was an issue with dates and getting times.)

No, I'm playing on my server.

Also, I've just sealed an empty barrel and MC crashed again

Yes, that is exactly what caused the problem. Using time related commands screws with the internal clock that all of TFC time-based calculations are using. If you absolutely must set the clock forward, you should be using /debugmode, and then the buttons provided on the calendar tab while debugmode is enabled. Then do /debugmode again to turn it off.

Yes, that is exactly what caused the problem. Using time related commands screws with the internal clock that all of TFC time-based calculations are using. If you absolutely must set the clock forward, you should be using /debugmode, and then the buttons provided on the calendar tab while debugmode is enabled. Then do /debugmode again to turn it off.

Will somebody fix this bug in future?

This is not a bug that can be fixed. By using /time set day, you reset your calendar. That is the way that the vanilla command works.

If you want to stop barrels from crashing, I would suggest you use the time altering method I stated in my earlier post, and set the calendar forward a year or so. All of the food is going to rot on your server, and any players who are currently online when you make the change will quickly starve and get very thirsty. Either way, you need to get your calendar back to a point in time that is after the moment that you used the /time command.

Omg, I've just white command in debugmode "/time set 0" and time set to 1 June 1000. How to set it to 1 January 1008?

If you are in debug mode, there are buttons on the calendar tab of your inventory. Use them to move time forward.

If even after using the calendar buttons to fix the in-game time, you are still getting this crash, then it is likely that the original damage is beyond repair. You could try setting the calendar forward like 10 years to absolutely make sure that it is at a time that is after the original command was used, but other than that you will likely have to start a new save.

If you can't see the buttons, you aren't in debug mode. You need to put 

/debugmode

in chat and hit Enter. You will get a message saying that debug mode has been enabled. Then the buttons will show up.

If you can't see the buttons, you aren't in debug mode. You need to put 

/debugmode

in chat and hit Enter. You will get a message saying that debug mode has been enabled. Then the buttons will show up.

I'm in debug mode

If you are truly in debug mode, then doing /debugmode again will say that Debug Mode has been disabled. Is this what happens?

Alright, if you can confirm that you are in debug mode, and yet you can't see the calendar buttons, then something else is wrong here.

You can try using the command

/time add 2304000

which should in theory move the calendar forward a year. If everything behaves as expected, you'll need to use that command 8 times to get it back to the year 1008. I would then suggest you use it a few more times to make sure that your calendar is no longer storing a negative value.

This is going to cause a lot of lag as everything catches up, so keep that in mind.

----

the world we are using was originally generated using cauldron, but then switch to forge without problems. we were still using the same world when we doubled the year length.

i should get time to reinstall the files around the world today or tomorrow (working OT sucks).

----

the world we are using was originally generated using cauldron, but then switch to forge without problems. we were still using the same world when we doubled the year length.

i should get time to reinstall the files around the world today or tomorrow (working OT sucks).

---

so, it appears that advancing the time does the trick, as long as you dont care that the time stamp on the barrels is from 12 years ago.

try 11 hrs a day 6 days a week ;)

can't wait for winter and some well-earned time off

try 11 hrs a day 6 days a week ;)

can't wait for winter and some well-earned time off

---

you cray cray. 

If you are in debug mode, there are buttons on the calendar tab of your inventory. Use them to move time forward.

I do not see any buttons :L

I do not see any buttons :L

debugmode is not working correctly in SMP. It is only activated server-side,the client is not being synchronized when debugmode is activated:nor the information lines (top of screen) neither the time buttons are being displayed.It works fine in SSP.You can use the time-add command to change the date:
/time add 1000                to advance one hour/time add 24000               to advance a full day