Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Xardas

TMS proposal, next tier firepit proposal and game time proposal

7 posts in this topic

Hi this is my first post so I would like to say that I love this mod. Unlike so many others it challenges the player instead of empowering them. This is my second run of TFC on a server with a good Internet acquittance. Both times the latest version.

At the moment I am busy with farming tons of wood that I need for some builds that I have in mind and I noticed that I got a lot of sticks:

- TMS: It is short for "Too Many Sticks". Would like to propose that there is a recipe to create a stick bundle. Just 9 of them create one of those that can be used as a wood log, or something like that.

Also noticed that cooking in the forge can be dangerous, food may just disappear. Then again the forge is a place to do smithing and to forge metals, not a place for cooking. Would like to propose a next tier stove/oven that can also be use to keep things warm for a prolonged time. Warm food is better than cold food when it is really cold. Something like this (the relevant pictures):

http://furnituredir.blogspot.nl/2014/05/kitchen-with-wood-burner.html

It should require a lot of wrought iron sheets as housing.

I started my latest server with the adapted value of 192 days in a year in the config file. The result: Crops didn't mature (this is a bug really). In creative I warped time forwards to early spring 1002. Stopped the server and changed amount of days back to 96. Calendar back in place and yeah crops grow now and we got warped to 1004. But there are good reasons to prolong the cycle of a year a bit. Either the length of a year in days or perhaps (proposal) to build in an option to change the duration of a day. Would love to have an option to have a day and night cycle of 60 min instead of 20 min (without the crops growing bug or have to feed myself even more).

Anyway looking forward to the next update, that (hopefully) solves the problems with familiarisation.

Best regards.

Compressed sticks would be kind of nice but then again, i just dispose of any more than a doublechest atm there is no real need for a million sticks.

For the cooking, try the new grill which was added in 79, it does require iron to make and can cook 6foods simultaniously idk if they burn though, havn't played with that too much yet.

Compressed sticks don't make sense to me. I would rather see them used as bundles of sticks (yes, I know there is a word for that) as an alternative fuel in charcoal pits. Another possible use of those bundles would be in roofing, something sturdy that you could walk on since thatch is now permeable. (No balance issues here as it takes metal age tools and several months to gather enough sticks to do anything useful, at which point you already have logs and planks and bricks etc.

As Draco_X said, the grill is exactly what you're looking for. Be warned it only cooks foods in stacks of up to 80oz. To craft it place 2 double wrought iron ingots in the working slots of an anvil. Select the grill plan and hammer away. As far as I knew cooking in the forge got removed in b79 so I don't understand how you could be doing it unless you haven't updated.

Ive been wanting a bundle of sticks for a while too, I would think of is as a low grade fuel for fire pits. I never considered them as a fuel for charcoal pits or a building block but i like the sound of that. and even if none of that happens it could just be used for stick storage.

Wicker! That's something you can do with sticks. So...what can you do with wicker, other than baskets and a chair?

Well a wicker block seems reasonable, relating back to the bundle of sticks block, it also has a much better name!  Anyway houses have been made of weaved sticks and mud before so a wicker block wont seem ridiculous.  I also like the basket idea, I like that though of different back slot items that do different things.

traditionally to make wicker you had to soak a type of reed and then shape it. So maybe we could process a stack of sticks in a barrel or large vessel of water to make the wicker. Then we could craft with it to make stuff :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0