Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Saberwulfy

Grain storage

10 posts in this topic

What the methods already implemented to prevent decay of grains?

Upon researching the decay rate of grain I found it was the same as vegetables(old wiki info), I though it was one of the slowest.  Unfortunately I know of none, other than storing it in vessels in a chest and trimming decay a few times a season. I await the day we can seal grain in barrels to reduce decay, this would be akin to bins.

seal it with the barrel's bottom 3 full stacks of something to keep cold, or humidity away, or whatever..

I'm fairly certain temperature affects food decay and altitude affects temperature. Find a very tall mountain and build a warehouse/silo at the peak. I'm thinking you'll need to be above z -/+14000 and y +225.

Personally I fantasize about multi-block granaries. The mud bricks that currently have no recipe or use, combined with the recently added trapdoors would make an ideal combination along with a certain set of specific mechanics I've been tossing around in my head for a week or so now. Haven't decided if I want to necro the old granary thread with a massive post or start a new one all together.

seal it with the barrel's bottom 3 full stacks of something to keep cold, or humidity away, or whatever..

What in the world gave you the idea that this would work? Because it won't.

Put it in a small ceramic vessel to cut the decay rate in half, and then store it in a location that has a low light level, and therefore low temperature (Both which are seen via F3). It makes absolutely no difference if that small vessel is in a barrel, in a chest, in a large vessel, or on the ground, and it certainly does not matter what else is stored in the container along with it.

haha calm down kitty. I know how food decay works. I just throw ideas!

haha calm down kitty. I know how food decay works. I just throw ideas!

This is the Support Forum. It is for providing answers to questions that are accurate and will actually work in the game. If you want to suggest ideas for how you think a mechanic should work, then go post it in the Suggestions forum.

I will not tolerate the spreading of incorrect information in the Support Forum.

haha alright alright.