Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lipki

Chisel: staircase corner and more

12 posts in this topic

Bonjour,

I propose a change in the "Chisel : Stair mode" tool.
Allow removing large cubes.

Posted Image

16 most common forms are combined in BlockStair.

Posted Image

We click on each cube that we want to see disappear, if the result is not in the list of 16 above, we pass on the BlockDetailled.

And we can continue to use the tool.

Posted Image

Example : 3 shot of chisel (stair mode)

Posted Image

I would add that the code of this proposal exist, it's not just a dream.

OMG THIS!!!  I would so love to have this it would make my staircases look a ton better! As it is right now I'm stuck making wide "square" (lol) ones that don't really flow very well in my base. Being able to chisel a corner stair would make things look nicer and reduce the size for me at least <3

I made a suggestion a while ago http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/6254-add-slabs-and-stairs-as-a-creative-block-edited/

The basic idea was to continue using the chisel, but creating the items in the crafting grid and having them behaving the same as vanilla blocks, That would not change the mod balance, as it would require the chisel, but they would be actual blocks and easily handle by other mods.

minecraft already has the code for stairs and slabs, it would be just a question of adding the chisel to the recipe and creating the textures.

Yes please. Even if it requires the same durability lost from doing that in detail mode this would be very helpful

TFC 0.79.12 Changelog: Attack of the Pull Requests

• [*]
Chiseling stairs now supports carving large sections out of a block instead of only allowing basic shaped stairs. Corner stairs are now a thing.

Mouahahahahahahahaha

.-'"""""'-.                .'           `.           /   .      .             :                 :       |    ________     |        :           /    :              `.____.'    /                    `.           .'               `-._____.-'        

YAY STAIRS! that alone makes me wanna update right now.

That was fast, It helps when creating stairs.

thank you to all the developers.

I still wish we had slabs and stairs as an actual block, available in creative mode. My issue is about when using Prism to repair griefing it cannot recognize chiseled blocks, the same goes for WorldEdit, If you try to copy a building it will ignore the chiseled blocks. I know detailed blocks will always be like that, but at least slabs and stair could be done.

World edit should recognize this series.

Posted Image

But much of the blocks information are in Tile Entity.

I do not know how WorldEdit reacts to it.

What is PRISM ?

Prism is anti grief tool it allows you to investigate each block in the world and it will tell you who placed the block, it can tell you if someone destroy a block, also it has roll back of specific sections, so you can roll back just in a certain radius.

The problem is that it does not work for chiseled blocks.

The same happens with world edit. when you try to move a building it does not recognize chiseled blocks.

I understand that we can have microblocks, but  slabs and stairs are vanilla blocks so the way I see it would be just a question of requiring the chisel inside the crafting grid for the creation of slabs and stairs. It does not change gameplay or balance in any way. The diference is that when we break a slab or stair it would actually drop a block, that would also be available in creative mode.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0