Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
FiGi

Addons for this mod?

7 posts in this topic

What more addons (mods) would you recommend for tfc that are not considered cheating. I have journymans map and smart moving. What else should i get?

Well, see, already our definitions of cheating differ. I consider journeymap to be cheating and smart moving to both be cheating. I'd suggest fastcraft, which really helps when you're entering regions you've never been to before by greatly reducing the lag.

well, i dont consider smart moving to be cheating, it gives u some edge in the game, cause in real life u can climb and crawl ... the map thing yeah, its kind of cheating ... then they should implement something to make maps from and the ability to put poi's on it. 

p.s. i also have optifine and fastcraft

Pretty much everyone's idea of "cheating" is different. There are people out there who consider NEI to be cheating, and force themselves to keep the wiki open on another screen instead. Either way, here's a list of mods that I use with TFC:

• Damage Indicators - To easily see how much health the mob I am attacking has left, and if I actually have a chance at surviving. Also extremely helpful for keeping track of my pets and animals health so I know if I need to feed them to heal.
  • Better Foliage - Makes the leaves and stuff prettier to look at, without the massive FPS drop from shaders. Suggested that you heavily tweak the configs to get settings you like.
  • NEI - For recipes as well as the basic WAILA functionality to tell what I'm looking at in a glance.
  • Dynamic Lights - With the torch burnout mechanic, things sometimes get really dark. Dynamic Lights allows me to carry a torch so that I can actually see the area around me so that I can light it up again.
  • FastCraft - Performance Increases
  • GraveStone - I feel like the gamerule keepInventory is cheating, but I still don't like the chance that my hard earned items might despawn when I die. This mod gets rid of the despawning items, but I do still have to go back to where I died to collect my stuff. Suggested you edit the configs to turn off a bunch of the other features
  • Inventory Tweaks - I have to keep everything organized, and this makes my life so much easier.
  • Journey Map - I get lost very easily, so the waypoints are nice to keep track of where things are without constantly opening up F3 to write down coordinates
  • Smart Moving - The climbing and swimming alone make this mod worth it. If you feel like it's cheaty, you can always edit the settings to make it more difficult.

I was sad when i found out that this TFC is not going to be finished. So i wanted to ask, without opening new post. What mods to add to tfc to make it even more immersive and realistic than it already is? What other MC mods are like this? I like everything about TFC, its grindy a little but thats fine. 

There are things you can change in the config files to make it a little harder.  Setting the year length to 360 days makes that first year a bit harder and

the eventual harvest more of an event.  :)

Turning off ravines makes mining and prospecting a bit harder.  Hardcore Darkness, Stream, Better Foliage and Sound Filters make the game a bit more immersive, but I'm not aware of any that makes the game more realistic(harder/complex).  Most of them add features or make existing features/game mechanics easier.  IE Cellars, WAILA, etc.

I was sad when i found out that this TFC is not going to be finished. So i wanted to ask, without opening new post. What mods to add to tfc to make it even more immersive and realistic than it already is? What other MC mods are like this? I like everything about TFC, its grindy a little but thats fine. 

If you wanna be overly edgy, there actually ready modpack, made by russian guy with nick Lexx.

It's trying to clash together survivalist-medieval TFC and hightech Gregtech

Here link to topic on MC forums http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/mod-packs/2384783-terrafirmagreg-alpha-terrafirmacraft-gregtech

Here link to his russian website, you can find exact mods, that are present in modpack http://villagelifeserver.ru/pack.php?name=terrafirmacraft-gregtech (Note: there's no fastcraft)

And here link to download: https://yadi.sk/d/TNs4OcIpk52DT

If you don't want all that in your minecraft, then I'll recommend adding 

all of the above

TFC Cellars Addon - will add you few new blocks and buildable multistructure, that will help preserve your food, if setup correctly

Leather Water Sac for TFC - exchange 1 sheep for multiuse water jug

BiblioCraft and BiblioWoods TFC - pimp up your castle/mansion/hut/whatever

ItemPhysic - for when you lose your boat somewhere in ocean(some items float on water, slowly sink, fall to the ground much more cute)

OptiFine - for better video customization

Edit: hope I don't break any rules by adding links here...

Edited by Smetanol