Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
-Foxley46-

Things you think should be added to agriculture.

168 posts in this topic

Says the High King of Derail.

Says the Flamboyantly dangerous aztec god of derailments :)

Goes to look for info about baking for points to discuss on TFC forums, ends up watching the pony version of fresh prince of belair somehow instead.

West Ponyville, born and raised!

On the playground is where I spent most of my days!

Says the High King of Derail.

says the (not actually anywhere close to official) badass of the forums

Says the demonic spaghetti eldritch goddess.

the reason meat spoilage isn't introduced is that there is no way of tracking individual item values in a stack, ie you wouldn't be able to stack meat at different stages of decomp, or in other words, any meat at all, which is ridiculous. Imagine if the 16 steaks a cow dropped took ONE SLOT EACH.

Oh god. Remember vanilla MInecraft before stackable food? We do not want that for TFC.

I was declared the Official Forum Badass by Dunk.

I don't think it gets much more official than that.

Dunk, couldnt a storage item be made to alleviate that? stores only meat, allows multiple state meats to exist. also, each kill you make would drop that item all at once meaning it stacks all together. this thing is self balanced mostly(if implemented) and the only thing that could be changed would be a meat sack or something. or, butchery(take the kill home with yah)

Dunk, couldnt a storage item be made to alleviate that? stores only meat, allows multiple state meats to exist. also, each kill you make would drop that item all at once meaning it stacks all together. this thing is self balanced mostly(if implemented) and the only thing that could be changed would be a meat sack or something. or, butchery(take the kill home with yah)

no a storage item wouldn't work, it's the nature of item stacks, unfortunately.

no a storage item wouldn't work, it's the nature of item stacks, unfortunately.

hmm, going off of the top of my head here, but why not have a refrigerator-type thing (no not electrical, make it work :) where you could stack food on like tool racks, but with a LOT more slots, maybe even have an underground cairn where you store your food (thats how the barbarians did it, underground is cold after all) as long as it has the tool rack-ish setup, you could fit, say, batches of meat 6 or 12 each on a slot, a lot more slots, and meat would be stored in stacks of 6, but processing be4 cooking transfers those 6 stacks back into the current stacking system, you could apply rotting to anything uncooked, and anything cooked that isnt eaten after an real life hour would become inedible too, except for meals made from vegetables :D

hmm, going off of the top of my head here, but why not have a refrigerator-type thing (no not electrical, make it work :) where you could stack food on like tool racks, but with a LOT more slots, maybe even have an underground cairn where you store your food (thats how the barbarians did it, underground is cold after all) as long as it has the tool rack-ish setup, you could fit, say, batches of meat 6 or 12 each on a slot, a lot more slots, and meat would be stored in stacks of 6, but processing be4 cooking transfers those 6 stacks back into the current stacking system, you could apply rotting to anything uncooked, and anything cooked that isnt eaten after an real life hour would become inedible too, except for meals made from vegetables :D

no

I hate to bring this up again but what about bags? Couldn't anything like that be carried in bags separate? Similar to the IC2 toolbox except with meat instead? So then nobody would want to carry food individually anyways. Then we could put fridges in the river like we suggested so long ago.

Just thinking out load (er... on paper... er... digitally?) here, but IRL if you put food that is older with food that is fresher, the fresher food can then only be kept as long as the oldest food stored with it. Could it be possible to make each stack of food only as fresh as the oldest piece in the stack? Then if things are stored in some sort of way that keeps it fresh (ie: some sort of refridgeration or dehydration method) it stays as is and only decays when in your inventory or storage device that is not capable of keeping it fresh?

I guess now as I write this out it sounds a lot more complicated than it did in my head. Probably not worth implementing. But I do love the idea of balancing out the food system to require you to farm/hunt more regularly in the later stages of the game.

PS - New to the forum and moderately new to the mod. Absolutely loving every minute of it though. Even manged to set up my first modded server using TFC and am currently in the process of getting a good friend of mine hooked on it. :P

Not wanting to clutter the suggestions forum, and having read what I could on the matter I figured I would post here with some suggestions.

More crops/trees/bush types, particularly focusing on agriculture:

Crop: Spinach, Peanut, Celery, Beats, Strawberry, Jalepeno/Hot pepper

Edible Herbs/crops: Ginger, Rosemary, Peppermint, Sage, Basil, Rhubarb, Dill, 

Fruit Trees: Pear, Blueberry, Avocado, Pomegranate, Mango, Pineapple, Elderberry, Fig

Bushes: Blackberry, Raspberry, Peppercorn, Cinnamon

Trees: Walnut (with chance of dropping nuts seasonally? add this to chestnut trees as well), Bay Tree, Ginkgo

Perhaps in the future medicinal plants can also be incorporated?

I like Nidor's suggestion of subterranean food sources. Perhaps for caves with sources of water nearby or near lava there could be the possibility of cave mosses, fungi, or other exotic subterranean foods.

I'd like to see a millstone setup with water or wind power. Seems a feasible option and upgrade to hand-cranked quern.

Other than continuing to grow the range of crops, I'm quite satisfied with most other aspects of crop growing at this time.

Not wanting to clutter the suggestions forum, and having read what I could on the matter I figured I would post here with some suggestions.

More crops/trees/bush types, particularly focusing on agriculture:

Crop: Spinach, Peanut, Celery, Beats, Strawberry, Jalepeno/Hot pepper

Edible Herbs/crops: Ginger, Rosemary, Peppermint, Sage, Basil, Rhubarb, Dill, 

Fruit Trees: Pear, Blueberry, Avocado, Pomegranate, Mango, Pineapple, Elderberry, Fig

Bushes: Blackberry, Raspberry, Peppercorn, Cinnamon

Trees: Walnut (with chance of dropping nuts seasonally? add this to chestnut trees as well), Bay Tree, Ginkgo

Perhaps in the future medicinal plants can also be incorporated?

I like Nidor's suggestion of subterranean food sources. Perhaps for caves with sources of water nearby or near lava there could be the possibility of cave mosses, fungi, or other exotic subterranean foods.

I'd like to see a millstone setup with water or wind power. Seems a feasible option and upgrade to hand-cranked quern.

Other than continuing to grow the range of crops, I'm quite satisfied with most other aspects of crop growing at this time.

In addition, I live in Jamaica and I feel thee tropical plants are quite lacking. The lure of exoticness is missing in the warmer areas so:

Vegetable:

Taro, Peas, Peanuts, Buckwheat, Watercress, Seaweed (Kelp), Water Chestnut, Okra, Tumeric, Sorrel, Ginger    

Tree/Bushes:

Lemon, Bread Fruit, Coconut, Custard Apple(sweetsop), Jackfruit, soncoya (sourop), Rose apple, Guava, Jackfruit, papaya, lychee, cacao, Plantain, Dragon fruit, Hog plum, Naseberry, Starapple, Tamarind, Star Fruit, Rambutan, Pomegranate, Tea, Blue Agave, Cotton, Hot Peppers, Sorghum, Yams, Pineapple, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Pimento, Vanilla, 

These are all in Jamaica, some native and some here by colonial advents of the past - India, Africa, the Americas, Asia, etc