Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Conoreva

The one thing what needs to be added...

12 posts in this topic

Soo...Diffrent trees...There is one thing what needs to be added with all these diffrent types of wood...

And its diffrent stairs/Ladders/Fences.

They are all Oak wood.So we need Birch wood ladders and such.

That is all :P

Thats impossible for now, minecraft itself needs an update to get those things done.

Thats impossible for now, minecraft itself needs an update to get those things done.

what are you talking about? are you trying to say that it is impossible to add new stairs and ladders? cause hate to burst your ignorant bubble dude but there are already dozens of mods out there that do just that, hell all it takes is the same coding as the fences and stairs coded to a new block and a corresponding texture, hell minecraft itself is going to release multiple colored stairs and half slabs. so stop talking out your ass and actualy look shit up before you start raddling of bullshit cause you think you know it all.

I'm pretty sure it's already planned. Just have some patience.

what are you talking about? are you trying to say that it is impossible to add new stairs and ladders? cause hate to burst your ignorant bubble dude but there are already dozens of mods out there that do just that, hell all it takes is the same coding as the fences and stairs coded to a new block and a corresponding texture, hell minecraft itself is going to release multiple colored stairs and half slabs. so stop talking out your ass and actualy look shit up before you start raddling of bullshit cause you think you know it all.

I am quite sure Bioxx once have said that he wants minecraft to update, before he makes the colored slabs/stairs himself.

I am quite sure Bioxx once have said that he wants minecraft to update, before he makes the colored slabs/stairs himself.

He did. And Mojang dropped the ball, they are not extending the ID count to 4096 as originally mentioned. The problem currently is that stairs USED to all be a single block Id until Mojang added in positional placement, Now they are all separate Ids.. So doing a little counting it would take 39 Ids to make stairs out of each type of cobble rock (I am not counting Smooth or Raw versions, they would take another 23 ids each bringing the total to 85 ids) and planks. Add in Ladders, Doors, Slabs.. each one of those you want those textures for would take up another 39 ids... This is the overall concern.. We lose the new content to be added that needs block ids because 390 of em are for 10 different items with 39 versions.

Anywho.. Trust me I am a crafter at heart and I am dying for more design options to become available, but I do understand the limitations of the current system are the concern. Bioxx does have this on his list of things ToDo but it does require quite a bit of ground work to get done first.

I believe that is out of the scope of these forums, so it's hard to say.

Received a bit of news earlier that the latest forge due out in a couple of days will implement this :D There is a light at the end of the tunnel!

i was about to suggest that if the developers at mojang don't add this that bioxx and his team should try to add it themselves, glad to see that it has been taken care of by forge. hope to see the diffrent stairs and assorted blocks soon.

Really looking forward to this!!! I know it's a lot of work to add so many different kinds of wooden and stone stairs, slabs and so on, but once it's done, the builders (like me) will love you for it. I mean, it adds like 15 new wooden colors to build with alone!!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0