Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Deez

Mobs with Armor/Weapon drops

13 posts in this topic

So the players from Alpha will remember this, but Skeletons and Zombies used to be found wearing armor. I think that was a wonderful thing that should have never been removed, so if possible I'd like to see them come back with our new TFC armors and weapons.

Oh yeah! Good old times. But wouldnt you think it would be quiet weird to see a zombie army all in different colour armors? It also would be realy hard to kill them to.

Oh yeah! Good old times. But wouldnt you think it would be quiet weird to see a zombie army all in different colour armors? It also would be realy hard to kill them to.

1. In vMC yeah, in TFC most metals are greyish.

2. Well maybe they start wearing it when you get to bronze age.

Plus when you add armor to enemies you usually buff the weapons.

That means we should be able to color our armor! (they all have different shapes, so you still know what sort it is.

I don't normally fight armies of mobs. They tend to spawn individually for me.

1. In vMC yeah, in TFC most metals are greyish.

But the TFC armors are a variety of styles/colors/shapes/etc.

I would love to fight a black steel Army of zombies and skeletons...But wait?

How can spiders wear armor? Horse armor or something?

This is a good idea, and I want to implement it guys, but we need to first outline how we control this. We don't want to make this an rpg per se and it might be dificult to handle increasing the tool tiers of mobs.

I nominate lunar cycles. The darker the night sky, the tougher the mobs

Or if you're doing that mob-nest thing I've heard about, the nest mobs can be armoured.

maybe it would be quite rare to see armor or weapon wilding mobs, the armor wouldnt be as effective as if you were wearing it(maybe 1/2 as effective?) and the weapons would also go by this same rule

also the mobs would have a 100% chance to drop the item they are wearing seeing as they were so rare

sword or mace weilding skelletons anyone?

maybe it would be quite rare to see armor or weapon wilding mobs, the armor wouldnt be as effective as if you were wearing it(maybe 1/2 as effective?) and the weapons would also go by this same rule

also the mobs would have a 100% chance to drop the item they are wearing seeing as they were so rare

sword or mace weilding skelletons anyone?

unfortunately, thats the whole problem. We don't want easy ways out. It's one of the reasons we scrapped diamond tools, because once you find the diamond, it's just a super tool. We feel it's too easy to get, so we don't want easy to get tools, armour or weapons

unfortunately, thats the whole problem. We don't want easy ways out. It's one of the reasons we scrapped diamond tools, because once you find the diamond, it's just a super tool. We feel it's too easy to get, so we don't want easy to get tools, armour or weapons

well thats why the armor wearing mobs would be really rare to find

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0