Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hubertus

All these bots

3 posts in this topic

I'd like to share a story.

So a long time ago when I worked with Dreamer's Software (Don't bother looking it up, the company merged) we had forums, just like these forums here. One day a Google bot came along, did its link following and data collection, and left. Every months or so another one would come along, stay for a few minutes, and leave.

On these forums, the Google, Yahoo, Bing, and Facebook bots never seem to get a break. They're always here, silent companions as we search for something new and interesting to pop up on the forums. I like to think of them as an ancient order of knowledge hungry seers, using their crystal balls to search the universe for new content.

This isn't real, but I like to pretend it is.

The seers have dedicated themselves to archiving every bit of knowledge in the universe, and have an infinite appetite for new stories. But because they already know everything that exists at this moment, they are perpetually bored. Every new post is like New Year's fireworks, which they devour with the wonder of a reading a book for the first time.

This isn't real, but I like to pretend it is.

And so they continue perusing the forums, hoping for some reprieve from the insatiable desire for more. And when I post this thread, for a few fleeting moments, they will be satisfied.

They will copy its contents and file them away in their grand library of knowledge, in which every page of the internet is kept. And there, on the shelves of eternity, it will remain long after I am gone, a perfect record of what I wrote her today. It carries a piece of my soul, and will exist long after I leave these forums.

This isn't real, but it might as well be.

So what is the moral of this delusion? Firstly, no idea, however small, is inconsiquential. People like seeing new content, so don't be afraid to get creative. Make a cool new suggestion or contribute to an existing one, show off your awesome houses (Seriously, the showoff forum is a graveyard), report that bug you've been abusing for the last 10 releases, ect.

Secondly, there's an army of bots waiting in the wings to record what you're doing, which is why if you search "politician who misspelled potato" Google knows exactly who you're talking about.

...if you search "politician who misspelled potato" Google knows...

Good tale and that ^ made me smile. :)

I know what you mean though, I posted over in the "User Creations" wanted to post in all the threads but started to feel like I was spamming. :( Which is silly I'm sure. 

Been planning to post my survival builds but I've not technically completed anything yet, so much gathering!  I do pre-design in creative so I do kind of have completed builds but given the the spirit of the mod I don't want to post screenshots from a creative world.

Hahahaha, reminds me of the Brain Monsters from Futurama.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0