Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Kittychanley

An Apology

10 posts in this topic

I would like to preface this apology with the statement that while a recently banned member was claiming he was owed an apology between his insults and bashing, this was not written explicitly for, or because of him. This apology has been written for the community as a whole, because I felt that you deserved at least this much.

I'm sorry.

I'm sorry I'm human, and that I make mistakes.  I'm sorry that I get emotional, and take things personal. I'm sorry that when another user insults or attacks me, I take offense and hold a grudge. I'm sorry that this grudge sometimes affects my actions. I'm sorry that there are things going on behind the scenes which many of you do not see, which affects my behavior. I'm sorry that sometimes my actions come off a rude.

I'm sorry that there are users who likely hold a grudge against me as well, but do not see it or acknowledge it for whatever reason. I'm sorry that there are those who do not understand that their words are interpreted as hateful and abusive, even if they do not intend them to be. I'm sorry that these people do not change their behavior after being told they are being mean or hurtful, which results in them being removed from the community.

I'm sorry for taking on too much work. I'm sorry that very few users who meet the requirements for editing the wiki have offered to help edit, and that the requirements are in place because of past spreading of misinformation and vandalism. I'm sorry that almost no one has seen how much work I put into this forum by myself, and offered to help by actively becoming a forum moderator. I'm sorry to those who are helping in other ways who haven't gotten my full appreciation. I'm sorry for not openly and directly asking for help when I struggle.

I'm sorry that some of you might find this apology ridiculous, and if you think there is some sort of hate or resentment behind these words. I'm sorry if you think I'm being selfish, and if I didn't apologize for what you were expecting. I'm sorry that my apologies are not explicit for certain actions, and hope you can understand that they are implied.

I'm sorry for anything and everything, and I hope you will forgive me. I would like to move forward from this situation and continue to improve this community. This is my official cry for help. I would honestly rather focus on updating the wiki at this point, and as such I will not be as active on this forum. If you are an active member of this community, and would like to help with the responsibility of moderating this forum, please contact me. For those of you who do not want to become a moderator, but still want to help, the primary forum that needs attention is Support. If you are confident in your answers, please respond and help out. If you are not, please make some sort of indication in your post that it may not be completely accurate. If you come across a post that breaks the rules, or you feel it immediately needs my attention, please use the report button or send me a private message.

If you are interested in helping out with the wiki, please read this post: http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/693-if-you-want-to-edit-the-wiki/?p=2679 The requirements will remain the same, but please remember that you only have to meet one of them, and becoming active in IRC is fairly easy.

Once again, I apologize for the way I have sometimes handled this forum. If you ever have an issue with how I have handled a situation, please let me know, although I simply ask that you do so in private. Please remember that there is a person sitting in a chair behind this username and avatar, and that person has feelings too.

Sincerely,
Kittychanley

First of all, some people on the internet are jerks.

Kittychanley, you have done a wonderful job with both running the forums and the wiki. The effort you put into this is very much appreciated by many. Sure, everyone has there bad moments, but I do not think you deserve to be attacked for it and you deserve to be respected.

I think anyone who has played this mod appreciates the work you do with the wiki. It is the only way you can really play this mod without going insane over not being able to figure out how things work.

Don't let the handful of a rotten apples ruin your batch! I hope you are doing okay and have a virtual hug!

I really wish I could help in some way but I'm such a noob at TFC. 

Thank you for all your hard work Kitty!

does not take much effort to see the dedication that you give the forum and answer numerous topics.I can not offer help to have difficulties with language.

It is extremely unfair that this thread exists. Kitty, you are the lighthouse of this forum, the lone guardian of the shit that's going out abd about.

I'm sorry I can't help you as much as I'd like to. I'm sorry such beings as the banned one roam this forum. I'm sorry this thread has to exist.

I'd want you to know there are tons of people that appriciate your work! Keep your head up amd going forward ;)

"She's the admin this forum deserves, not the one it needs right now. A not so silent protector. The Kitty..."

p.s. I hope you watch Batman...

Stay strong, Kitty and take care. One conversation with a person next to you and you may appreciate these forum "issues" aren't really that big a deal. My advice is not to spill emotions over what happens on the internet.

"She's the admin this forum deserves, not the one it needs right now. A not so silent protector. The Kitty..."

Haha this is actually very true, with every community there are going to be toxic individuals (this is not meant to single anyone out). Sometimes you must show some "tough love" in order to maintain order within the community. If you do not, those toxic members can cause the entire community to become toxic, and we really don't need a LoL community here ;)

Kitty as a custodian of the rules and a guardian of the forum, you have every right to take action if someone is being a fool. It should not come down to an apology, or a discussion thread. If you were a mod on a server, you would not be questioned for muting someone who broke the rules or acted without common sense, so why should you have to explain yourself here?

If you close a thread, its a mute. That person should not be all sensitive and cry about it, deal and move on poster. 

If you come back with a post to something they said. That person should not be all aggro and try to defend it, deal and move on poster. 

At no point should you be trying to fix something that is not broken. In a more selfish view, that person took you away from helping the rest of us who actually need you. 

Do not be afraid to follow the rule: No cupcakes were given that day!

Be excellent to one another community, remember that all you see are the words but behind them is a real person not a computer.

Dawn

Oi, Kitty,

As one of the older members of this forum (goodness, I feel old when I say that... and I mean I've been around here longer than you, in a neutral tone), my advice to you is to stay strong, separate emotion from logic, think about your choices, options, and the evidence presented to you before making a final decision, and, well, try not to judge and assume as much. (I don't you mean you do that all the time; it's a general tip I follow when I look at intensive situations like the one that happened recently.)

All of us are human, regardless of the positions we are in. Even the opposers/toxic individuals are still human. Patience and a clear mind are true virtues when it comes to being a moderator. I do hope that you learn and become stronger from this; I also hope for the banned to learn and become stronger from this, such that a similar incident may never happen again.

My condolences to the both of you,

-Sda209.