Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
hoseja

Magma forges

140 posts in this topic

yes sir. Better wrap up in wool, fur or leather armour.

-up in wool, fur or-

-wool, fur-

Clothing and fur officially confirmed. Baller.

We are looking into adding in a temperature map behind the light map that minecraft already has, which would represent temperature values per block. Because everything would be realistic, going near magma (or having it in a forge) would be hazardous to your character's health.

Posted Image

Not if it's pahoehoe

Posted Image

-up in wool, fur or-

-wool, fur-

Clothing and fur officially confirmed. Baller.

:)

We are looking into adding in a temperature map behind the light map that minecraft already has, which would represent temperature values per block. Because everything would be realistic, going near magma (or having it in a forge) would be hazardous to your character's health.

hmm i agree, you dont just walk up to a lava pool. we could add some kind of thick clothing you could make that would protect you from the actual heat of the lava but not from catching on fire

maybe made with some kind of hardened or improved leather?

P.S. woo a full stack of posts!

A thick leather would do a reasonable job of protecting you from heat, it doesn't really need to be hardened or improved, although the heat would dry and crack the leather (a potential area for the application of limited durability perhaps ?) add a layer of insulation to that and you're (kind of) laughing. See welder's gloves and blacksmith's aprons for examples.

yeah to the guy who posted volcanic forges. you did not look hard enough.

but great job anyways, this idea needed a fresh look and revamp.

i like overlord my self alot especially the endscene if you saved all the girls+balanced interior :P

but wouldnt be a ring of the nibelung forge or mount doom forge be more appropriate (maybe skyforge too)

since if we want to have good boni to having a lavaforge/magmaforge(if you have dwarfen instincts like me :P(halls of moria)) it should be a pain in the ass to get to a suitable place, a nobrainer to not to stay too long, it should look awesome (caldera/lava rift/skyforge etc) and last but not least should not be too much manmade (reason for settlement/war/balance)

... wouldnt be a ring of the nibelung forge or mount doom forge be more appropriate (maybe skyforge too)

could you post some images, i have basicaly been living in a cave. :) i consider myself a gamer and am definitely a bit of a nerd and geek but i have trouble remembering names of people and places. and have a severely limited number of games to reference. i might know what you are talking about but i either do not remember them, or have yet to play the game/read the book/ watch the movie.

could you post some images, i have basicaly been living in a cave. :) i consider myself a gamer and am definitely a bit of a nerd and geek but i have trouble remembering names of people and places. and have a severely limited number of games to reference. i might know what you are talking about but i either do not remember them, or have yet to play the game/read the book/ watch the movie.

mount doom is Lord of the rings

didnt find the good scene on yt but here for the right feeling

skyforge

crappy quality about 1:00

i dont have my nibelungen book (the ride of the valkyries is from wagners version)

but in short : the nibelungs forged the sword from the metal of a meteroid in the flames of a dying dragon

epic i know

Seems gratuitous to me.

why dont make magma forges a world feature ( so unbuildable)

would make it a strategic point

what lava is unbuildable too, so that would be extraneous... what you want is already done.

Posted Image

Not if it's pahoehoe

Posted Image

You are not being a troll. You are being retarded.

Of course fucking lava isn't going to super heat the ENTIRE atmosphere. There's so much air on the surface that the heat dissipates without building up much. In a cave or tunnel however, there would be much less air and the heat would build up quite fast. You can sit 5 feet from a bonfire while camping, but I'd like to see you sit in an oven with the cake you're baking. The oven is cooler, but there's much less air for the heat to spread to, and the air gets very hot.

what lava is unbuildable too, so that would be extraneous... what you want is already done.

i meant like the abondond mineshaft, or the strongholds,

example, sploring a cave/insert cool location here/etc, suddenly, you hear lava, you run towards the sound, and bang there is a lavaforge (for naming reasons not magma,sounds better :P )

you and your friends build a super secret stronghold around it, so only you get the cool boni from this natural resource

a dragon forge like the one, from the nibelungs would be epic too, but i think the devs already know what killing a dragon yields

I have an idea to kinda go along with this. It involves three new tiers of metals.Firstly, for my idea black steel would have to be changed from a tier 5 to a new tier 7 and would be crafted by mixing black bronze with blue red and green steel in a metallurgy table. Also, a third tier six metal called green steel could be added which requires wrought iron, steel, nickel, and platinum. When green steel, blue steel, and red steel are mixed they make an incomplete white steel ingot. When two of these are heated to brilliant white in the magma forge and crafted together they make unshaped white steel. The same process happens with black steel. When four white steel ingots are put in the sides top and bottom of a three by three square In a metallurgy table, with black steel in the corners and an exquisite diamond in the center, they make 9 unshaped burning steel, which is the only tier 8 metal. When black, white, blue, red, green, and burning steel are heated together in a magma forge, the produce holy steel, the tier nine metal and the best iN the game. Also as far as magma forges are concerned the thing with working better at deeper depths is good, and the forges should be complex structures mad of stone consisting of a stone basin above that has lava flowing into it and out into a forge type structure made of stne bricks with a three by three square instead of one block missing. The magma forge acts as a bloomery and a forge, in that if ceramic molds are placed in slots 1-5 as shown on the wiki and then ores are thrown in the basin, they will appear as unfinished bars in the forge and begin heating. There are no slots 6-14 in the magma forge because there is no need for fuel and ingots are never lost. There is no tempurature gauge either, because the magma forge is always at max temp. However, to work near the magma forge or lava in general without taking heat damage, which should be increased whilst wearing metal armor, one must wear treated leather armor, which is created through another idea entirely. That is my idea feel free to use it or not.

I have an idea to kinda go along with this. It involves three new tiers of metals.Firstly, for my idea black steel would have to be changed from a tier 5 to a new tier 7 and would be crafted by mixing black bronze with blue red and green steel in a metallurgy table. Also, a third tier six metal called green steel could be added which requires wrought iron, steel, nickel, and platinum. When green steel, blue steel, and red steel are mixed they make an incomplete white steel ingot. When two of these are heated to brilliant white in the magma forge and crafted together they make unshaped white steel. The same process happens with black steel. When four white steel ingots are put in the sides top and bottom of a three by three square In a metallurgy table, with black steel in the corners and an exquisite diamond in the center, they make 9 unshaped burning steel, which is the only tier 8 metal. When black, white, blue, red, green, and burning steel are heated together in a magma forge, the produce holy steel, the tier nine metal and the best iN the game. Also as far as magma forges are concerned the thing with working better at deeper depths is good, and the forges should be complex structures mad of stone consisting of a stone basin above that has lava flowing into it and out into a forge type structure made of stne bricks with a three by three square instead of one block missing. The magma forge acts as a bloomery and a forge, in that if ceramic molds are placed in slots 1-5 as shown on the wiki and then ores are thrown in the basin, they will appear as unfinished bars in the forge and begin heating. There are no slots 6-14 in the magma forge because there is no need for fuel and ingots are never lost. There is no tempurature gauge either, because the magma forge is always at max temp. However, to work near the magma forge or lava in general without taking heat damage, which should be increased whilst wearing metal armor, one must wear treated leather armor, which is created through another idea entirely. That is my idea feel free to use it or not.

so....many....words... -explodes-

so....many....words... -explodes-

yeah. And they don't have much substance either.

yeah. And they don't have much substance either.

and now theres unicorn brains all over the place, thanks alot Kregeron, you get to clean that all up

Kregeron, and u no TL;DR?

What?

And sorry for the wall of text and i know its not very well thought through but i had to get the idea out there. At least for the magma forge acting as a bloomery and a forge.

Damn .-. why i just now realize that i wrote makes absolutely no sense?

It's too long : i'm not gonna read it... though, if you could make a shorter, clearer summary...

Damn .-. why i just now realize that i wrote makes absolutely no sense?

It's too long : i'm not gonna read it... though, if you could make a shorter, clearer summary...

agree'd i dotn wanna explode twice, -and yes, you can do that-

Lol sorry. I know how yall feel i just had to get it out. My basic ideas can be summed up in this: magma forge=bloomery+forge but with no need for coal, the lower it is the better, should be made out of smooth stone or stone bricks. To work near lava you need to wear leather that has been taned on a tanning rack, which is like an anvil but with leather and a knife instead of metal and a hammer. 4 new metals and a change to one, creating three new tiers. Green steel which is tier 6 when mixed with red and blue steel creates the tier seven metal white steel. Black steel is now also tier 7. Heat the two together in a magma forge to get burning steel. Heat burning, white, black, red, green, and blue steel in a magma forge to get holy steel. Ratio is one of each ingot in the magma forge to one of weak holysteel. Holy steel is now the est metal in the game, looks like white steel, which is oBviously white, but with patterns and stuff. I think its power is balanced out by the complexity of crafting it. Also the leather must be boiled and cured, and heat damage should increase in metal armor.

Lol sorry. I know how yall feel i just had to get it out. My basic ideas can be summed up in this: magma forge=bloomery+forge but with no need for coal, the lower it is the better, should be made out of smooth stone or stone bricks. To work near lava you need to wear leather that has been taned on a tanning rack, which is like an anvil but with leather and a knife instead of metal and a hammer. 4 new metals and a change to one, creating three new tiers. Green steel which is tier 6 when mixed with red and blue steel creates the tier seven metal white steel. Black steel is now also tier 7. Heat the two together in a magma forge to get burning steel. Heat burning, white, black, red, green, and blue steel in a magma forge to get holy steel. Ratio is one of each ingot in the magma forge to one of weak holysteel. Holy steel is now the est metal in the game, looks like white steel, which is oBviously white, but with patterns and stuff. I think its power is balanced out by the complexity of crafting it.

above is an example of a person who does not know what an enter button is

can ya make at least different paragraphs for each different thought?