Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Devlin

Ships!!

81 posts in this topic

CooL cood have cannons on the ships and blow the ships out of etch other :rolleyes:

''CooL cood have cannons on the ships and blow the ships out of etch other :rolleyes:''

There are other mods that support this, and as far as I know this thread is about making boats, not warfare. Please, if you are going to show your skills at Necromancy, make the summoned post a little more entertaining and informative.

Besides which, I understand we aren't going to be getting gunpowder weapons from a couple other threads. Feel free to correct me if I misread, dunk/bioxx.

That said, massive cargo ships would be AWESOME. The English battleships were of a similar size to cargo vessels of the time, and had three masts, if I recall correctly. And of course, any ships in this mod (Blue-water vessels) should be of the Atlantic design.

any ships in this mod (Blue-water vessels) should be of the Atlantic design.

I'd definitely hope there's no need to say something that definitely, if we had a system like from the ships mod on the front page I could make myself a nice raft and hopefully save some time travelling across the ocean and you could make whatever you felt like.

Building ships shouldnt be an easy task, the way to build them( in my opinion ) is to be able to change axe modes from its normal use to what i like to call carving mode this mode is just like the slab mode for chisels but instead of stone it's for wood.

basically what it does is to give the player the ability to carve the wood into any form possible just to give the ship a proper shape because rectangular ships wont last in the water for long because they might collapse due to bad structure.

also building ships requires Nail and a hammer to nail them on to the ship and Nails are made in the anvil and making a Nail will give you 16 Nails per ingot.

Also the type of ingot will affect how long the Nails will last For example:Copper nails are stronger than Tin nails and will last longer and Red steel and blue steel and Iron Nails are the strongest.

and making ships will require you to make a Sail and its size depends on the size of your ship whether its a small viking ship or a large battleship.

I'd definitely hope there's no need to say something that definitely, if we had a system like from the ships mod on the front page I could make myself a nice raft and hopefully save some time travelling across the ocean and you could make whatever you felt like.

(Brief shipbuilding history)

There are two hull forms for ships, Atlantic, and Mediterranean. The Mediterranean is a very calm body of water, so the vessels developed for Mediterranean conditions reflect that. They are shallow-draft vessels, usually relying on oars for their primary source of power, with one giant square sail on a single mast. Examples: Galleys and galleases. They tend to look like a bowl floating on the water, since they tend to be very beamy (wide) for their length.

The Atlantic is a much rougher body of water, and sailing on it in a Mediterranean-style vessel is tantamount to suicide. The Atlantic style of ships is what most people think of when they think of sail-driven ships: A long, narrow hull with fairly deep draft (Lots of hull underwater), driven by sails on between three and five masts. It's a much more powerful sail arrangement, which means you don't need oars. This clears the sides of the ships for massive banks of cannon, leading to the age of the ships of the line. Lots of cannon, lots of sailors, lots of boarding actions, and lots of dead. Also the end of the land battle at sea as naval combat.

I really really want a big ship that can have storage, crafting tables, ECT on it. And that travels at a realistic speed. That would be so sweet

(Brief shipbuilding history)

There are two hull forms for ships, Atlantic, and Mediterranean. The Mediterranean is a very calm body of water, so the vessels developed for Mediterranean conditions reflect that. They are shallow-draft vessels, usually relying on oars for their primary source of power, with one giant square sail on a single mast. Examples: Galleys and galleases. They tend to look like a bowl floating on the water, since they tend to be very beamy (wide) for their length.

The Atlantic is a much rougher body of water, and sailing on it in a Mediterranean-style vessel is tantamount to suicide. The Atlantic style of ships is what most people think of when they think of sail-driven ships: A long, narrow hull with fairly deep draft (Lots of hull underwater), driven by sails on between three and five masts. It's a much more powerful sail arrangement, which means you don't need oars. This clears the sides of the ships for massive banks of cannon, leading to the age of the ships of the line. Lots of cannon, lots of sailors, lots of boarding actions, and lots of dead. Also the end of the land battle at sea as naval combat.

For all of our rough seas in Minecraft. lol

For all of our rough seas in Minecraft. lol

It's also a LOT faster, larger, and cooler-looking.

Caution: Mod Comparison Ahead!

in tropicraft that have added waves in the beta. Like actual, physical waves with slopes. just saying, if they can do that, Bioxx can make a realistic hurricane simulator...

Caution: Mod Comparison Ahead!

in tropicraft that have added waves in the beta. Like actual, physical waves with slopes. just saying, if they can do that, Bioxx can make a realistic hurricane simulator...

Well yeah... but how much time and effort went into those waves? Bioxx has more important shit to do

Well yeah... but how much time and effort went into those waves? Bioxx has more important shit to do

As a eventual it would be pretty dam cool. Besides, seems way more interesting then that kingdoms crap.

Besides, seems way more interesting then that kingdoms crap.

... Damn, why there isn't a way to give someone, say, -121234568467865461524856246584242865652^2345232443?

... Damn, why there isn't a way to give someone, say, +121234568467865461524856246584242865652^2345232443?

fix'd.

fix'd.

no -slaps-

bad treyflix, back to your corner

changed so it looks like you are agreeing with me so you don't have a chance to disagree with my ideas, which are ALWAYS true despite anything else

fix'd.

Noodles, you're getting on my nerves.

JAG, sorry, it was indeed personal opinion, I wasn't tryig to be a control freak, and I certainly wasn't trying to offend you.

JAG, sorry, it was indeed personal opinion, I wasn't tryig to be a control freak, and I certainly wasn't trying to offend you.

yknow i could say the same thing, but im going to try and be as polite as possible about this

its just that the minute anyone disagrees with you, or dislikes something you say, you go off and try and either force your way or put them down. if you want to be a constructive member on these forums, then take criticism and suggestions instead of throwing them aside and instulting the people who said them

Must just be you, I thought that was hilarious.

Noodles, you using generalizing. Give me an example of that.

What I can give you an example of is the post that you half quoted. I apologized to jag, and accepted that I was in the wrong.

Of course it was funny eternal, but it's never funny when the jokes on you. And besides, I was mostly referring to how noodles has been dogging my forum post with childish and un funny comments blatantly worshiping you.

If that offends you, makes you recede in to your turtle shell of "I'm not being immature, YOU'RE being immature" then go have at it.

Noodles, you using generalizing. Give me an example of that. -no i wont because you aint my english teacher-

dogging my forum post with childish and un funny

"I'm not being immature, YOU'RE being immature"

well, lookit that, a summary of trey's post history

What I can give you an example of is the post that you half quoted. I apologized to jag, and accepted that I was in the wrong.

Of course it was funny eternal, but it's never funny when the jokes on you. And besides, I was mostly referring to how noodles has been dogging my forum post with childish and un funny comments blatantly worshiping you.

If that offends you, makes you recede in to your turtle shell of "I'm not being immature, YOU'RE being immature" then go have at it.

Pfft, who needs a shell when you have scales?

Come at me bro

Noodles, that makes no sense. Please elaborate.

And eternal, that sentence was directed at noodles.

why is it you three always end up on every suggestions page arguing? also why is it that you guys take up about 50-70% of the posts with just pointless arguing? can we please get back to the topic and stop being childish and filling up the pages with smart ass remarks and childish nonsense? while yes i agree try is being a bit cynic and destructive most of the time, and eternal tries to be constructive and keep people in check, this has gone to far. and to you noodles, i thank you for the likes and the constructive comments and criticism but you are being a very childish instigator.

so here is my advice to each of you. eternal, keep doing what you are doing, just please try to stay out of pointless childish arguments, you give people more credence by arguing then just disproving what they say and moving on ignoring any other pointless posts they make.

to trey, please try being constructive from time to time and learn to take criticism from time to time without being a smart ass and doing some thing childish like this

... Damn, why there isn't a way to give someone, say, +121234568467865461524856246584242865652^2345232443?

or this

Of course it was funny eternal, but it's never funny when the jokes on you. And besides, I was mostly referring to how noodles has been dogging my forum post with childish and unfunny comments blatantly worshiping you.

and to noodles, stop instigating things between people, and just stick to disagreeing and giving constructive comments and criticism.

all three of you are equal member of this community and all three of you need to focus on contributing rather then fighting.

There are PMs for a reason. Sometimes I want to give a person a good E-slap, but not by interrupting the threads.