Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Devlin

Ships!!

81 posts in this topic

As we know, Steve flying himself through the water at 50 mph in a wooden box using rainbow farts to propel himself is a little bit less than accurate. So I propose a new boat crafting ability is added.

Boats

Straw raft. to craft place 9 wheat in a crafting table which makes a wheat bundle. 3 horizontal wheat bundles=straw raft. Very slow and not very strong.

Wood Canoe Place 3-4 logs in a boat holder (still thinking of a good boat holding system) and grab your handy-dandy axe and/or chisel and set to work. To craft this boat you merely strike the log piles in the boat holder several times (im thinking 10-12) and watch as the canoe is shaped before your eyes. once done right click and steve will carry it on his back. Steve cannot switch from the canoe to other tools while carrying it and will travel at crouching speed, in order to switch tools he must place the canoe down again. Once placed in water it will travel at medium speed (vanilla boat speed) and be very resistant to damage.

Sadly I'm pressed for time and will finish the boat list later. Feel free to rant/tell me how stupid I am and post your own ideas.

Just moving this here because darthdave78 clearly didn't attempt to search for similar threads, his second suggestion is the same as one from this thread. Now we can let that thread die and nothing will be missed. Also, it gave me a chance to bump this thread. BUMP! BUMP! BUMP!

Perhaps coastal areas (land bordering ocean biomes) could have a chance of spawning 'driftwood' every high tide? (the driftwood would despawn at low tide to prevent buildup.)

Driftwood would show up as a log floating in the water, and would be breakable in one hit, like flint. It would give you a single log of a random wood type (though it could probably be limited to trees likely to be near coasts) That way, players on islands wouldn't be totally dependent on local flora, but it wouldn't be consistent enough to become a staple wood source.

Conversely, perhaps the driftwood would be left on coastal land blocks during lowtide.

+1'd

It's like a wood version of the stone and metal shards we already have. Aside from the obvious benefit from being on an island, it'd be great right at start (when near a coast) to grab up a few of these logs just to throw on a fire!

Perhaps coastal areas (land bordering ocean biomes) could have a chance of spawning 'driftwood' every high tide? (the driftwood would despawn at low tide to prevent buildup.)

Driftwood would show up as a log floating in the water, and would be breakable in one hit, like flint. It would give you a single log of a random wood type (though it could probably be limited to trees likely to be near coasts) That way, players on islands wouldn't be totally dependent on local flora, but it wouldn't be consistent enough to become a staple wood source.

Conversely, perhaps the driftwood would be left on coastal land blocks during lowtide.

Seeing as the thread has already been necro'd ....

Why make it that complex ? I think that adding the whole spawn/despawn thing would add unneccesary cpu strain. Why not have driftwood simply spawn like rocks on world gen, that way, players who start on beaches, or islands, would have a fighting chance without having to leave right away :P

also as a bit of an improvement to this idea, making it so that driftwood, like rocks, have a chance to drop a rare drop. in this case saplings instead of small ores. it makes sense. is a branches and bits of logs float out to sea and back in, saplings would also do the same. or maybe seeds that you have to plant and let grow into saplings. IDK. this would allow people on desert islands to not only have a starting source of wood, but a chance at a renewable source of lumber. of course allowing driftwood to appear along coast lines from time to time would also be a nice way to ensure that even after the character checks all the driftwood, even if they did not get any saplings they will not have to worry about running out and never getting anymore. and also another chance at a sapling would be nice for people in that type of situation. also only certain types of saplings or seeds should pop up out of driftwood.

All saplings and seeds die from the long salty journey they have just been on. Are we assuming that if you clear a beach of driftwood more would eventually wash up?

There's a Ships and Boats mod that looks really nice, it's open source as well so it'd be possible to adapt it so that it better suits TFC.

http://www.minecraft...-added-anchors/

HOLY SHIT

I ARE IN LURVE

O.O

All my +1's .. Take them. They're yours T.T

HOLY SHIT

I ARE IN LURVE

O.O

All my +1's .. Take them. They're yours T.T

do +1 s cost anything?

do +1 s cost anything?

Time energy and love

do +1 s cost anything?

How dare you devalue my +1's ? They are as precious and rare as iridium coated diamonds from the heart of the sun ... Or something like that ¬.¬

Time energy and love

Time, energy, love and occasionally somebodies reputation :P I mean, have you ever been that supports the unpopular idea at a party ? You don't want to be that guy ...

I wonder if it is possible to make tides in TFC: I thought of something like addind a non-source waterblock on all water source blocks in an ocean biome, so the water runs up the beaches (not more then 1-2 blocks, maybe 3 during a storm?) torches and similar things would get washed away and there would be the chance for the drift wood spawning.

Nevertheless I would love a 5-masted "ship of the line" (don't know actual the english name, sorry) to blow up creepers. Just my imagination, I know it would be a teeny-tiny bit big for TFC. :3

I wonder how hard it would be to put in a tree falling it sounds a little complex.

If the tree falls in the forest and no one is around, does it make a sound?

I wonder if it is possible to make tides in TFC: I thought of something like addind a non-source waterblock on all water source blocks in an ocean biome, so the water runs up the beaches (not more then 1-2 blocks, maybe 3 during a storm?) torches and similar things would get washed away and there would be the chance for the drift wood spawning.

Nevertheless I would love a 5-masted "ship of the line" (don't know actual the english name, sorry) to blow up creepers. Just my imagination, I know it would be a teeny-tiny bit big for TFC. :3

Go check out the finite water thread.

How dare you devalue my +1's ? They are as precious and rare as iridium coated diamonds from the heart of the sun ... Or something like that ¬.¬

Time, energy, love and occasionally somebodies reputation :P I mean, have you ever been that supports the unpopular idea at a party ? You don't want to be that guy ...

ok then....what is diamond poo with gold nuggets to replace corn worth? sence ur an expert >.>

that....idea...is...a...lag-magnet.... having entire ocean biome constantly moving. doing somthing that size only 2 blocks deep with world edit is enough to crash a server

Actually... that doesn't sound that difficult, the state of nearby airblocks would need to change to a flowing block.

ok then....what is diamond poo with gold nuggets to replace corn worth? sence ur an expert >.>

Probably a fair bit my friend :)

It depends.. How fibrous is your diet ? ;):P

I recently visited an anthropology museum of native Northwest America and there was information on how thery made canoes. It turns out that this post hit it almost perfectly on the head. Basically my proposed system based on this is:

Use an adze to chop down a tree, producing a trunk. Adzes and axes are used to hollow out the trunk. The trunk is then filled with water, and hot rocks are placed inside, heating it up. It is then covered and let sit ( similar to the charcoal pit) when it is done there is a canoe that can be picked up and placed. Also, I thought of a convenient way to solve the inventory problem of this: there could be 5 items, each representing a different piece of the canoe (I.e. canoe front etc.) when the canoe was mined and picked up, it would drop these 5 items. One of the items, when right clicked on water would, if the other four items were detected in the inventory, consumem and place a canoe. This is a fancy way of making the canoe take up five inventory slots, balancing it.

but then again you might be able to lose part of the canoe which is kind of awkward no?

I recently visited an anthropology museum of native Northwest America and there was information on how thery made canoes. It turns out that this post hit it almost perfectly on the head. Basically my proposed system based on this is:

Use an adze to chop down a tree, producing a trunk. Adzes and axes are used to hollow out the trunk. The trunk is then filled with water, and hot rocks are placed inside, heating it up. It is then covered and let sit ( similar to the charcoal pit) when it is done there is a canoe that can be picked up and placed. Also, I thought of a convenient way to solve the inventory problem of this: there could be 5 items, each representing a different piece of the canoe (I.e. canoe front etc.) when the canoe was mined and picked up, it would drop these 5 items. One of the items, when right clicked on water would, if the other four items were detected in the inventory, consumem and place a canoe. This is a fancy way of making the canoe take up five inventory slots, balancing it.

Of course this topic was accurate to real life. Some people actually LOOK UP INFORMATION BEFORE THEY POST IT TO BE ACCURATE.

Of course this topic was accurate to real life. Some people actually RESEARCH before posting ideas.

Anybody's ears start ringing when he posted that? Jed?

Anybody's ears start ringing when he posted that? Jed?

I was asleep when this was posted, but I'm sure my ears were burning ;):P

I never said he didn't do research. I was confirming it and adding a second opinion.

Adding some research of my own.

Whose post? You didn't quote one. Mine?

"Of course this topic was accurate to real life. Some people actually LOOK UP INFORMATION BEFORE THEY POST IT TO BE ACCURATE." ~Unknown Source

Of course this topic was accurate to real life. Some people actually LOOK UP INFORMATION BEFORE THEY POST IT TO BE ACCURATE.

What dunk said, except I didn't research this, I witnessed it first-hand as a wee little bio.

Probably a fair bit my friend :)

It depends.. How fibrous is your diet ? ;):P

well i apparently walked into this conversation at the wrong time

im not even sure i want to know why you were talking about "diamond poo"

well i apparently walked into this conversation at the wrong time

im not even sure i want to know why you were talking about "diamond poo"

I can't really remember and can't be arsed going back to check .. All I know is that I am not to blame :P

I think some guy took my comment about iridium coated diamonds then asked how much diamond crap with gold "corn" would be worth ....

Nothing as queer as folk it seems :S