Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Devlin

Ships!!

81 posts in this topic

I really don't see how any of those posts were childish except the +1636277172 or whatever it was. And I apologized for it...

And I was just about to start my own thread for boats.

One shouldn't be able to make larger boats/ships until the later metals. My thoughts for a starter boat, since vanilla MC's boat :wub: ing sucks.

• New vehicle entity: Dugout, logboat, whatever; four/five blocks long (If ids are limited for some reason, the five long is more prefered. Otherwise, both?)
  • New tool: an adze; same plan recipe as a hoe but upside-down
  • New item/block: timber/lumber; obtained by cutting a tree down with an adze, looks like the tree trunk it came from except laying down, four/five blocks long (If ids are limited for some reason, the five long is more prefered. Otherwise, both?)
  • The tree's trunk must be atleast four/five blocks tall for the adze to cut it down and get the timber item. Otherwise, it does what your barehand does when breaking wood blocks.
  • Every 1x1x4 or 1x1x5 section of wood blocks in the trunk drops a new timber item, any extra blocks at the top, one-three/four, drop as regular logs. (Ex: The large jungle trees will drop a :wub: ton of the timber items.)
  • The timber block is placed by just right-clicking the timber item on a surface. It is placed in a line with you, not perpendicular. (This: o -- , not this: o | )
Now that I got that out of the way, on to how to make the dugout.
  • Start a firepit, maybe up to three at once, on top of the placed timber block to hollow the trunk. (Takes a long time)
  • To manually dig out the trunk, use any a copper or higher any (I don't know, whichever feels balanced for this method) metal adze and right-click four/five times.
  • The inside should visually lower a few pixels from each use of the adze and every few units of time during the fire method.
  • The finished dugout becomes a vehicle entity like the vanilla boat.
  • Only way to pick up the dugout is to mine with an axe. (Can be replaced)
  • Four block long dugout has space for one chest in the back block, five block long has room for two chests (one in back block and one in front block); requires player to make actual chests before having that use.
  • This :wub: er :wub: er doesn't break on impacts! WOooOOOaoaoaoaoOAoAaOo!!!! Being fixed in 1.3 vanilla but still...
I think I got everything.

(Insert link here to thread I hopefully make for a new way to cut down trees) <--If that gets used then the adze wouldn't be needed to get the timber and will just be for larger scale woodworking.

Hahaha ideally, yes, but maybe only when we have Minecraft hosted on MMO size servers that can support that much liquid...

And I was just about to start my own thread for boats.

One shouldn't be able to make larger boats/ships until the later metals. My thoughts for a starter boat, since vanilla MC's boat :wub: ing sucks.

• New vehicle entity: Dugout, logboat, whatever; four/five blocks long (If ids are limited for some reason, the five long is more prefered. Otherwise, both?)
  • New tool: an adze; same plan recipe as a hoe but upside-down
  • New item/block: timber/lumber; obtained by cutting a tree down with an adze, looks like the tree trunk it came from except laying down, four/five blocks long (If ids are limited for some reason, the five long is more prefered. Otherwise, both?)
  • The tree's trunk must be atleast four/five blocks tall for the adze to cut it down and get the timber item. Otherwise, it does what your barehand does when breaking wood blocks.
  • Every 1x1x4 or 1x1x5 section of wood blocks in the trunk drops a new timber item, any extra blocks at the top, one-three/four, drop as regular logs. (Ex: The large jungle trees will drop a :wub: ton of the timber items.)
  • The timber block is placed by just right-clicking the timber item on a surface. It is placed in a line with you, not perpendicular. (This: o -- , not this: o | )
Now that I got that out of the way, on to how to make the dugout.
  • Start a firepit, maybe up to three at once, on top of the placed timber block to hollow the trunk. (Takes a long time)
  • To manually dig out the trunk, use any a copper or higher any (I don't know, whichever feels balanced for this method) metal adze and right-click four/five times.
  • The inside should visually lower a few pixels from each use of the adze and every few units of time during the fire method.
  • The finished dugout becomes a vehicle entity like the vanilla boat.
  • Only way to pick up the dugout is to mine with an axe. (Can be replaced)
  • Four block long dugout has space for one chest in the back block, five block long has room for two chests (one in back block and one in front block); requires player to make actual chests before having that use.
  • This :wub: er :wub: er doesn't break on impacts! WOooOOOaoaoaoaoOAoAaOo!!!! Being fixed in 1.3 vanilla but still...
I think I got everything.

(Insert link here to thread I hopefully make for a new way to cut down trees) <--If that gets used then the adze wouldn't be needed to get the timber and will just be for larger scale woodworking.

This, and block placing recipes (i mean, like the Iron Golem, Snowman, and Wither in vanilla), one should place ship parts on the ground until the recipe is complete, and then, the blocks are replaced by an entity, that one can push from the shore to the water... now wouldn't THAT be cool....

Also, recipes would check blocks present in the ship,we could be able to customize them, adding masts and chests... making ships ranged from just a "hand driven bowl", to a multi sailed Galley....

I sorry I didn't see this post when I made my ship making post. But I went more in-depth, I think, but only in SSP, I had nothing to do with multiplayer