Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Deez

Big List of Mobs

171 posts in this topic

The dragon eggs could be incubated by you to get a rideable dragon. The scales could be used for enchanting, or maybe magic armor.

You get dragon mounts by rolling diplomacy, not handle animal.

Make it like the wolves, but where you can 'tame' them by giving them gold ingots or gems instead of bones.

tame a dragon? are you serious? i think it would be much more awsome if dragons acted intelligently and you could barter with them, they to steal from their treasure pile or stores and they become hostile, atack them they become hostile. but trding with them makes them freindlier. if you trade enough they might be willing to let you hire them to come stay with you, you must build them their own dragon nest, or lair. maybe call it a dragon roost? the name does not matter, you build a large building and allow hire the dragon, when you lead them to the roost they will auto attachthemselves to it and no longer follow you, but you can talk to them and they will offer you rides and to trade more with you. the more you trade the less they will charge and the better the things they are willing to sell to you. and this is just my little behinde the scenes idea, the dragons go off treasure hunting while you are gone and always find what they need to replenish their stocks. or they could just be realy good blacksmith/craftsmen, craftsdragons?

so basicaly i would like to see dragons made intelligent and neutral, eventualy becoming freindly, that barter with you.

You get dragon mounts by rolling diplomacy, not handle animal.

Make it like the wolves, but where you can 'tame' them by giving them gold ingots or gems instead of bones.

Unless the dragon in question has been the subject of the spell Feeblemind, and then I think you can use Handle Animal on it.

A feeble minded dragon. I do believe you could tame that with a slab of meat ;)

A feeble minded dragon. I do believe you could tame that with a slab of meat ;)

It has to do with the ways the Diplomacy and Handle Animal skills work in Dungeons and Dragons 3rd Edition (and 3.5). Handle Animal, IIRC, can't be used on anything with an intelligence of 3 or higher. A dragon would normally have an intelligence of 3 or higher, so one would have to use Diplomacy to talk it into being your mount. If you reduce its intelligence low enough, it's "stupid" enough to be a "dumb animal" and then you can use the Handle Animal skill on it.

Right on. It's been about 15 years since I've even touched any D&D stuff and I still have my books and dice somewhere in a box lol.

It has to do with the ways the Diplomacy and Handle Animal skills work in Dungeons and Dragons 3rd Edition (and 3.5). Handle Animal, IIRC, can't be used on anything with an intelligence of 3 or higher. A dragon would normally have an intelligence of 3 or higher, so one would have to use Diplomacy to talk it into being your mount. If you reduce its intelligence low enough, it's "stupid" enough to be a "dumb animal" and then you can use the Handle Animal skill on it.

>SR

>Will saves up the ass

Good luck casting that on even so much as a hatchling. And when you fail, and it immediately recognizes what you're doing since dragons and outsiders are part and parcel with arcane magic in-cannon, good luck with being ripped to shreds.

Besides, I'd rather have a friend than a slave any day.

Dragons are cool and all, but I think this thread is getting a little off topic from "Big List of Mobs"

Dragons are cool and all, but I think this thread is getting a little off topic from "Big List of Mobs"

Wait... we're supposed to keep threads on topic?

...crap.

How about a digging mob? One that burrows through dirt, gravel, cobblestone, and sand, (it does not destroy them, just passes through them) It could be something like a cross between a mole and a badger. Or it could be a Dune-esque sandworm :D

They could be attracted to sound, so if there was one in the area, digging would bring them in. To prevent you from being overrun by worms the moment you tried to till your garden, they could both be very rare and unique, with a very low spawn chance (higher than a spider jockey, but not much), and only one could be present in the world at time.

How about a digging mob? One that burrows through dirt, gravel, cobblestone, and sand, (it does not destroy them, just passes through them) It could be something like a cross between a mole and a badger. Or it could be a Dune-esque sandworm :D

They could be attracted to sound, so if there was one in the area, digging would bring them in. To prevent you from being overrun by worms the moment you tried to till your garden, they could both be very rare and unique, with a very low spawn chance (higher than a spider jockey, but not much), and only one could be present in the world at time.

I do like the idea of digging mods. I wonder if it would be possible to implement small holes in the ground?

Although, I don't really like the idea of monster worms... Rats would be bad enough.

I actually sudgested small rodents that dug in an earlier post. You might need to keep them out of your farm.

Ok. I like the digging I touched in that with the dragons. How about, the adult/wild dragons are TOO intelligent to have diplomacy work on them to anything more than getting you an egg. However, if you provide the baby dragon that is gracing you with its presence with all the hunting, gold and jewels it could possibly want, then it will allow you to potentially negotiate a way to let you ride it / fight with it. That's basically what I meant anyway, I just stated it badly.

Oh and sand worms from Dune?

Aww YEAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

I do like the idea of digging mods. I wonder if it would be possible to implement small holes in the ground?

Although, I don't really like the idea of monster worms... Rats would be bad enough.

I actually sudgested small rodents that dug in an earlier post. You might need to keep them out of your farm.

The way I was thinking of would make these "monster" worms an excessively infrequent occurrence, but a memorable one when they popped up.

The way I was thinking of would make these "monster" worms an excessively infrequent occurrence, but a memorable one when they popped up.

Memorable...

Quite.

I just wanted to point out that they might be countered by digging one dirt, then running up into a tower with a chest full of javelins.

Edit: more like a saftey mesure, really.

Memorable...

Quite.

I just wanted to point out that they might be countered by digging one dirt, then running up into a tower with a chest full of javelins.

Edit: more like a saftey mesure, really.

If you took the time to build a tower with a chest full of javelins to fight one mob, I think that mob has fulfilled its purpose admirably. :D

If you took the time to build a tower with a chest full of javelins to fight one mob, I think that mob has fulfilled its purpose admirably. :D

Time? What time? I just go cut down a sequia and build a wood tower, and I already have a stack of flint.

Time? What time? I just go cut down a sequia and build a wood tower, and I already have a stack of flint.

Hmm, perhaps worm should be able to climb with the same ease that it digs, methinks?

Hmm, perhaps worm should be able to climb with the same ease that it digs, methinks?

well then you simply cut off the bottom of the tower. wood flies.

xD I'm kinda overdoing this. assuming you weren't prepared, it would definetly be a memorable thing.

Edit: there should be a way to turn it off like in mo-creatures. I really wouldn't like a giant worm attacking me, even if I was prepared.

well then you simply cut off the bottom of the tower. wood flies.

xD I'm kinda overdoing this. assuming you weren't prepared, it would definetly be a memorable thing.

Edit: there should be a way to turn it off like in mo-creatures. I really wouldn't like a giant worm attacking me, even if I was prepared.

LOL

I just go cut down a sequoia

And elsewhere on the forum, Crysyn shrinks.

And elsewhere on the forum, Crysyn shrinks.

He a sequoia fan?

He a sequoia fan?

Not so much a fan, but he is definitely for the preservation of sequoia and, to a lesser degree, kapok. I am too, considering that however many spawn in the world is how many you get, period. Ever. At all.

I have no problems felling the trees, but my rule is 2 sequoia per grove, and 4 kapok per jungle (since there's so many more). If I want more sequoia or kapok wood, then I have to go look for another biome of them. This way, it preserves the natural beauty and the species.

I live near a sequoia forest (taiga8) I only use it for charcoal, which I don't use much now that I am at steel. Plus I only cut down the small (1x1) trees.

I can't believe nobody mentioned Carp. Carp are known to dwarf fortress players as the agents of Evil and Destruction. If you make the horrible mistake of venturing into carp-water, you will quickly be dragged underwater and dig yourself a watery grave. Sounds like fun!

Aren't carp goldfish?