Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Deez

Big List of Mobs

171 posts in this topic

Plus the cutting allows for a actual profession as being a meat cutter. Cutting around poison sacs, steering clear of pancreases and bone stomachs and intestines would be dangerous too.

I don't think you can just list off a bunch of mobs and then be like "ayup, that's it, gg cya next year". You need to have a thorough description of of what the mob does, how it would act, and what niche it fills/what purpose it does. If it's like every other mob except it looks different, I don't think it's neccisary. For instance, Creeper, skeletons and spiders are all unique mobs because they behave differently and serve different functions. The creeper explodes, the skeleton shoots and strafes, and the spider is quick and can climb. Skeletons drop bones (and arrows, I guess), creepers drop gunpowder, and spidies drop string. They all fill a niche and they add a new concept into the game, and they aren't similar to the other mobs in the game. If you add new hostile mobs, they should all be unique and not variations of eachother, and fill a role or purpose in the world.

I don't think you can just list off a bunch of mobs and then be like "ayup, that's it, gg cya next year". You need to have a thorough description of of what the mob does, how it would act, and what niche it fills/what purpose it does. If it's like every other mob except it looks different, I don't think it's neccisary. For instance, Creeper, skeletons and spiders are all unique mobs because they behave differently and serve different functions. The creeper explodes, the skeleton shoots and strafes, and the spider is quick and can climb. Skeletons drop bones (and arrows, I guess), creepers drop gunpowder, and spidies drop string. They all fill a niche and they add a new concept into the game, and they aren't similar to the other mobs in the game. If you add new hostile mobs, they should all be unique and not variations of eachother, and fill a role or purpose in the world.

not necessary. here you go:

Rat

Lizard

Monkey

Goblin

Snake

Badger

Dwarf

Eagle

Elf

Gnome

Merfolk (water mob, neutral)

Orc

Camel

Ghoul (in this case I mean a zombie that can move fast)

Horse

Lizardfolk (water mob, evil)

Octopus

Shark

Ape

Bear

Boar

Crocodile

Panther (evil jungle kitty, cause jungles are supposed to be dangerous right?)

Ogre (maybe leader of a goblin village like a mini boss)

Mummy (desert zombie)

Unicorns!

Elephant

Giant (mountain biomes)

Deer

Green and crossed out are already completed, green are confirmed, yellow are ones I'd LIKE to do, but probably won't get around to, orange are ones I'd rather not do but might happen anyway, crossed out ones aren't happening and crossed out red ones are DEFINITELY not happening.

Rat

Lizard

Monkey

Goblin

Snake

Badger

Dwarf

Eagle

Elf

Gnome

Orc

Camel

Horse

Octopus

Shark

Ape

Bear

Boar

Crocodile

Mummy (desert zombie)

Unicorns!

Elephant

Giant (mountain biomes)

Deer

Green and crossed out are already completed, green are confirmed, yellow are ones I'd LIKE to do, but probably won't get around to, orange are ones I'd rather not do but might happen anyway, crossed out ones aren't happening and crossed out red ones are DEFINITELY not happening.

Have you got one for the colorblind that can't figure out where are the greens?

(g) = green

(g)Rat

Lizard

Monkey

Goblin

Snake

Badger

Dwarf

Eagle

Elf

Gnome

Orc

Camel

(g)Horse

Octopus

Shark

Ape

(g)Bear

(g)Boar

Crocodile

Mummy (desert zombie)

Unicorns!

(g)Elephant

Giant (mountain biomes)

(g)Deer

Have you got one for the colorblind that can't figure out where are the greens?

Is there someone colorblind here?

Is there someone colorblind here?

There could be, couldn't it?

There could be, couldn't it?

I was only asking because I never heard about some colorblinds here. Sometimes a colorblind says that he is a colorblind the first time that he posts here. I was only curious.

I was only asking because I never heard about some colorblinds here. Sometimes a colorblind says that he is a colorblind the first time that he posts here. I was only curious.

"colorblind" is a verb, I think, and is used the same way you would use a word like "ready" or maybe refer to your ethnicity.

I think it's derogatory to use it as a noun, the way that referring to someone as a "black" would be.

"colorblind" is a verb, I think, and is used the same way you would use a word like "ready" or maybe refer to your ethnicity.

I think it's derogatory to use it as a noun, the way that referring to someone as a "black" would be.

Ooh sorry it wasn't my intention. Sorry really.

NOOOOOOO WAY!

hahaha

I think you don't know what colorblind is. I am colorblind meaning I can't see the difference between some colors (no, I don't see only in shades of gray but yellow and green is not easy differentiate). It is not a verb, it doesn't reflect my ethnicity (about 10% of the men population in the world is colorblind).

NOOOOOOO WAY!

hahaha

I think you don't know what colorblind is. I am colorblind meaning I can't see the difference between some colors (no, I don't see only in shades of gray but yellow and green is not easy differentiate). It is not a verb, it doesn't reflect my ethnicity (about 10% of the men population in the world is colorblind).

Did I offend you?

Did I offend you?

No, I am only offended when people ask "what color is this?" when I tell them I am colorblind.

No, I am only offended when people ask "what color is this?" when I tell them I am colorblind.

Ok. I am not that type of man that asks the colors.

So, most of the times you get offended?

Posted Image

(And yes, i know it's not true, but i just couldn't let the joke go :P)

yep.

But why do you offend when someone asks you a color? He asks not to offend, but just because he's curious. It's normal, because it's a thing that he can't try. You don't need to get offended in most of the cases. I.E. if you meet a blind, do you ask him what does he see (stupid example, but it was the first that came in mind)? If yes, that's because you're not blind.

I personally have always wondered about colourblindness. At first I wondered if it was like full grey colourblindness, but I think thats a lot rarer, isn't it? I assume you see the other colours well enough, but your eyes don't have the necessary photo receptors to interpret it? If you looked at one of those graduated colour spectrums, where it shifts from yellow through green to blue, and from orange through red to purple, what do you see? Does purple appear like cyan?

I personally have always wondered about colourblindness. At first I wondered if it was like full grey colourblindness, but I think thats a lot rarer, isn't it? I assume you see the other colours well enough, but your eyes don't have the necessary photo receptors to interpret it? If you looked at one of those graduated colour spectrums, where it shifts from yellow through green to blue, and from orange through red to purple, what do you see? Does purple appear like cyan?

This should give you a good idea of what daltonic people see:

http://asada.tukusi.ne.jp/webCVS/

Also, if you wanna see specifically with every colour, download this image and upload it in the previous page.

Posted Image

-Saw that people were talking about colors-

-is drawn in to conversation-

yknow, synesthesia and all

-Saw that people were talking about colors-

-is drawn in to conversation-

yknow, synesthesia and all

... What about that? :

Err... i.. *trying not to make this post useless*... oh, yeah, the grandpa of my grandpa has synesthesia (apparently, never knew him). He could see some colours whenever he touched something... So yeah...

... What about that? :

Err... i.. *trying not to make this post useless*... oh, yeah, the grandpa of my grandpa has synesthesia (apparently, never knew him). He could see some colours whenever he touched something... So yeah...

dunno, colors happened.

and i dont get it from toutch, its more from sounds and feelings

also, didnt know that people would actually know what it was, i guess its not as rare as i thought

dunno, colors happened.

also, didnt know that people would actually know what it was, i guess its not as rare as i thought

It is pretty damn rare, roughly around 0.05% of the population. And like colorblindness every case is a bit different. It is curious, at least for me, because when people ask about it is kind of har to explain how I percieve the world, I was born with colorblindness so I don't know how it is without that, for me and most colorblind, we can see colors just like everyone else but we don't see the difference between some colors. Most colorblinds don't know that they have it.

dunno, colors happened.

It is theorized that everyone, when just born, have a complete grade of synesthesia: every single sense stimulates the others as well, as it's young brain has almost every single neuron connected to all the others (or something like that). Most people lose this connection between senses for survival reasons; an individual which's view is constantly blocked by crossed perception can be an extremely easier target. However, synesthetics don't lose this connection completely, and therefore conserve a number of this connections. While in most synesthetics the connection is between hearing and sight sense, in either way (hear what you see, or see what you hear), there is really no limit to which connection will be conserved, and it is unknown why this one is more common.

Yes, it is in fact a rare affection, but yet pretty known as it is just awesome : i mean, if you became blind, there is a good chance you would still see this colours when hearing or feeling something. That's awesome.

According to this it is actually 1% of the population.