Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
CBro

[Offline] MyM and C&C Present: D.I.E.:Death Is Expected

67 posts in this topic

Posted Image

You guys asked for it and here we are bringing it to you. That's right, a modpack with TFC as the base mod and many progression options later on, including but not limited to Thaumcraft, Progressive Automation, Automagy, even Hardcore Questing mode directing you all the way through TFC! It doesn't even end there! Continue reading if you are intrigued:

Features:
Significant increased difficulty in early game thanks to TerraFirmaCraft. 200+ Quests planned (currently 100+, will be updated continually through beta) to help learn new mods and experience known mods in a new light. Mod integration and pack creation by Charles and CBro, rewriting recipes, new oreDict entries and changes to the value of items (Vanilla cobblestone is valuable, what?!). Brings back the fear of darkness from early MC, making shelters 100% absolutely necessary. A complete rebalance of fighting. An absolute overhaul of vanilla systems, including, health, food, hydration, sanity, physics, water mechanics, mining, encumbrance, storage/inventories, you name it. Everything is significantly more satisfying to accomplish, even gathering sticks to make torches (which has another complete overhaul). My only advice going into this pack is you need toforget everything you know about Minecraft and start unbiased. Mobs will act differently, they can hear you through walls and track you from what seems to be forever away. No punching trees anymore! Gravity and cave-ins are possible. Endgame is truly rewarding! No more plugging up a quarry hooked up to an infinite power cycle any more, there is nothing that is infinite, but there are fun loopholes to exploit and feel powerful about. Be the first one to find a new one! This modpack is like NOTHING you have ever seen before, remove all expectation because you will be surprised by everything. This is not Minecraft anymore, this is D.I.E.

Currently the creators have over 150 hours into creating this pack and it has been in Alpha for months. It has been tested several times by the community over at MineYourMind.net and we feel as if it is ready for a public release. We are hosting a public server and would love to see you there!

You will find us personally on our public Server IP: delta.mym.li:25550

UPDATE:

Released 0.9.1 with several updates, including lots more quests, the TFC lantern addon mod (thanks to grimbug for the suggestion) a lot of recipe balancing and mod updates. It was a focus on SP Stability as top priority and in those efforts made our server a lot more stable as well. Check out the Home Base for the full changlelog!

How to Download:
Currently the pack is hosted on the MineYourMind Launcher.

Please take a look at our changelog, modpack list and credits over at our Home Base.

Sample of mods:

TerraFirmaCraft

Thaumcraft

Automagy

Progressive Automation

Electrical Age

Hardcore Questing Mod (100+ quests and challenges)

Invasion Mod

Nodal Mechanics

SecurityCraft

ZombieAwareness

Edited by Kittychanley
Removed a few links due to this forum's policy regarding a specific launcher. Please see the FAQ page for more info.

Sounds interesting! I'd love to give it a try :)

My old windows XP pc cant launch this, guess I need a new one

Can you drop the file for those who can't/won't get technicpack?

Yeah sure thing, I understand that.https://copy.com/Imw0FLwRr2Q6nL8F

You can grab the mods and configs there, as well as the appropriate .jar, the SP configs won't match the server though and isn't supported just yet but shouldn't be too hard to get started if you prefer single player. Would love to see you on the server!

The MyM Launcher is lite, simple and easy to use though, unlike technic, I would suggest that, but again, understand if you'd rather not.

DocOlds, sorry to hear that! It is a very light modpack compared to some of them out there, have you increased your java max memory? It should run just fine with only 1G to be honest.

I'm not sure how to increase my ram in the tek launcher. I get crashed out when I try to launch. I will try the other launcher when I get home, but I think its my old java 6 that is causing it.

Edit: cant even load the other launcher, requires java 7.  Tried manual install, lots of errors on bug screen, but that might just be me being a noob.

Oh yeah, Java 7 is definitely the recommended one :( The Tek launcher should have the RAM already upped to the necessary amount, I'm sorry sir, might be about the time to update your pc ;)

Jungle trees are not rendering leaves. Other than that really enjoying the server! Great connection and friendly people all around :)

The Quest book really makes it user friendly and fun  for people not experienced with mods.

If this is on the server, we  had to remove all of them due to a block updating error :( It's a sad day to see the beautiful jungles deforestized like that but it was necessary as there was no other option to fix the crashes.

I've been trying to join but it keeps saying "Server is still starting! Please wait before reconnecting." I'm guessing it's not actually starting right now because it's been 20 minutes... Any word on uptime?

I've been trying to join but it keeps saying "Server is still starting! Please wait before reconnecting." I'm guessing it's not actually starting right now because it's been 20 minutes... Any word on uptime?

Hmmm, that's odd I am able to hop on. It's only ever down for maintenance which is significantly less and less. It should be good, it's very stable on server side.Single Player configs are a little unstable, which is the #1 priority for the next update which should be out within the next couple days.

I'd love to provide feedback on this modpack but MineYourMind.net does not allow minecraft users with migrated mojang accounts to create an account. Is there another way I can send feedback?

The second quest in quest book in 1. chapter cant detect my stone axe. I tried everything but it still doesnt work.

The second quest in quest book in 1. chapter cant detect my stone axe. I tried everything but it still doesnt work.

Updated  your QB, because all stone tools have the 4 IDs it doesn't record it. Sorry about that.

Looks great! Just a quick question before I get into it, what are the server rules? Is this a more PVE oriented modpack, or is PVP and raiding allowed? 

Honestly, based on how difficult it will be, I hope it's the former and not the latter, I'm always a wuss when it comes to PVP :P

Looks great! Just a quick question before I get into it, what are the server rules? Is this a more PVE oriented modpack, or is PVP and raiding allowed? 

Honestly, based on how difficult it will be, I hope it's the former and not the latter, I'm always a wuss when it comes to PVP :P

It is a PvP server, but so far it's been a community event to advance due to difficulty. No one at all is advanced enough to get into that side of things, everyone is just enjoying learning TFC with the QB and are just about to open up the doors to the other mods. There are MANY hours of playtime before even thinking about PvP ;)

Uhh, I'm having some trouble here

http://puu.sh/dHhLT/16e345fd0c.png

is what it says when it boots me out of the server

and right after booting, says no connection, however, if I don't refresh it, it says it's still up, if I try to log in though.

http://puu.sh/dHhK8/9a0cac4dd9.png

The hell is going on

Spent a few hours last night solving this issue. It was a java error that wasn't throwing any crash reports. I did notice you were located in the area of the issue. I did solve it though, and you are good to log in now.

The tools quests arent working and i crafted all of the needed tools but they still arent working. Can you please complete those quests for me?

Dear D.I.E Modpack Server Owner, Can you please enable a form of teleportation to a team-mate? I'm trying to /rt until I get to the point it says it can't find any place to teleport me to. So I have to result in walking 10K+ blocks just to get to a friend. Please enable a teleport or make us teleport to a party home.  :unsure:

Dear D.I.E Modpack Server Owner, Can you please enable a form of teleportation to a team-mate? I'm trying to /rt until I get to the point it says it can't find any place to teleport me to. So I have to result in walking 10K+ blocks just to get to a friend. Please enable a teleport or make us teleport to a party home.  :unsure:

There is a plugin in the server called "SimpleClans", feel free to create a clan and with that you can /clan sethome and anyone in the clan can use /clan home to tp to that point. Anyone joining the server new that wants to be in your clan can also tp to that /clan home as well.

Hey,

I really love the concept of this modpack, especially the foundation for the HQM quests. However, I have an issue when playing. When I die in-game, I respawn with no water, 20 hp, and every time I move, I die of heatstroke almost immediately. I am not sure if this is intended since this makes the server unplayable, as I can't get to any water sources in under 2 seconds of time. Could you please help me with this issue? I really would like to play on this server, but this makes it impossible. Also, how do I obtain the HQM book after I lose it?

Other than that, the server has a solid start, but of course could use some development and polish. Hopefully there will be some progressive groups emerging soon.

-Parson

Hey,

I really love the concept of this modpack, especially the foundation for the HQM quests. However, I have an issue when playing. When I die in-game, I respawn with no water, 20 hp, and every time I move, I die of heatstroke almost immediately. I am not sure if this is intended since this makes the server unplayable, as I can't get to any water sources in under 2 seconds of time. Could you please help me with this issue? I really would like to play on this server, but this makes it impossible. Also, how do I obtain the HQM book after I lose it?

Other than that, the server has a solid start, but of course could use some development and polish. Hopefully there will be some progressive groups emerging soon.

-Parson

We do have it intended that you start with 20hp and have to work your nutrition up from there. The error is the first start of 1k hp in the beginning unfortunately and that kind of throws off the expectation from the get go. The heatstroke is avoidable by drinking fresh water or hopping in water. If you spawned into the world on a beach in a high temp biome I would definitely suggest loading a new world, of course if this is on my server, let me know and I'll tp you back to spawn for a fresh start. Also on the server there is a /kit questbook you can utilize at any time. As far as SP the only way I can think is by spawning it in. I think I'll add a super easy recipe for SP in the next release to help that out.

Dear mr Modpack creator, having a great time trying out this pack on your server. 1 question and 1 suggestion!

Question. can you please verify my  clan ingame so i can get the full clan options please, clan tag BUG.

Suggestion. Was wondering if economy would be a good system to have in the modpack, set it to use the TFC gems as the base  money, would finally make them slightly useful. then possibility of setting up some sort of spawn shop/trade outpost where we can buy  certain items.. for extortionatly overpriced prices!

thanks again for the time and effort on making a fun super hostile balls to the walls hard TFC modpack!

edit. suggestion 2. maybe the gravestone mod?  the modpack is already super hard, so it might not be too much  for us to have a little safety net of not losing equipments on death, its not broken strong like keep inventory on death, but at least gives you a chance to reclaim your stuff after the inevitable deathpile of 50 infernal mobs! :D

Thank you for replying to me, most owners don't read feedback or questions. :)